Toniagp

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S 3.0 EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Hey! No worries! Always happy to answer questions, if I can. The new suspension I got is a custom long-arm setup from the shop that sponsored me, Offroad Addiction, Inc in Edmond, Oklahoma. They designed and fabricated their own control arms and brackets, and then we used Falcon 3.3 series adjustable shocks, Teraflex springs and bumpstops, and SteerSmarts Yeti steering components. It rides better than the MC lift I had primarily due to the Falcon 3.3s (which you could add to the MC lift). And my setup is more capable off-road because the MC lift was a mid-arm lift, and a long-arm will always be inherently more capable off-road.

So, I still highly recommend the MC 3.5" GC lift in most cases, because my setup is highly customized (which requires more maintenance than the MC lift), and my setup isn't easily reproducible, unless you live near Edmond, OK. The MC lift is still, in my opinion, the best "off-the-shelf" lift on the market.

Hope that helps!
Thank you so much.. Answers all my questions! Falcon 3.3's anyone you recommend to contact for those? And I just tell them what lift kit I'm ordering and they should know the length and all that i should need?
Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
After 10k miles on my MC lift. The control arms are great. The true dual rate coils are super flexy. The rocksport shocks are trash. Very stiff and uncomfortable. Will be going to King/Fox shocks/setup in the next month or so.

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
Might be doing EVO MFG plush springs w/ King Shocks. Depending on the deals out there. But MC kit is a great starter kit for sure.

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much.. Answers all my questions! Falcon 3.3's anyone you recommend to contact for those? And I just tell them what lift kit I'm ordering and they should know the length and all that i should need?
Call Offroad Addiction in Edmond, OK - (405) 752-7467 - https://www.offroadaddiction.net/ and tell them Swampcat sent you! They'll get you setup.

Sponsored

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Thanks! I started at the suggested 19.75 and 24. I haven't re-checked caster since a couple of drives to see if anything settled in so I'll verify I'm still at 7 degrees.

It definitely doesn't drive great so it needs something, but I've hit offset potholes that used to give my SuperDuty DW and nothing. IOW it does not exhibit any predilection toward DW so I'm likely not lacking caster (edit: even with 38's and 1.5" wheel spacers, no DW)
Hey did you ever figure out why yours wasn’t driving great?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
If you're willing to spend $1500 on falcon 3.3 shocks, I would much rather have some Fox remote reservoirs custom valved by Accutune or some Kings.
Agree fully with this, and Fox will ride much nicer.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Hey! No worries! Always happy to answer questions, if I can. The new suspension I got is a custom long-arm setup from the shop that sponsored me, Offroad Addiction, Inc in Edmond, Oklahoma. They designed and fabricated their own control arms and brackets, and then we used Falcon 3.3 series adjustable shocks, Teraflex springs and bumpstops, and SteerSmarts Yeti steering components. It rides better than the MC lift I had primarily due to the Falcon 3.3s (which you could add to the MC lift). And my setup is more capable off-road because the MC lift was a mid-arm lift, and a long-arm will always be inherently more capable off-road.

So, I still highly recommend the MC 3.5" GC lift in most cases, because my setup is highly customized (which requires more maintenance than the MC lift), and my setup isn't easily reproducible, unless you live near Edmond, OK. The MC lift is still, in my opinion, the best "off-the-shelf" lift on the market.

Hope that helps!
Lol. It doesn't ride better because of the Falcon shocks, which are junk. It rides better because it's a long arm suspension.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
The falcon 3.3s would not be a pairing I would suggest at all. Will be very harsh. If you’re at that price point for shocks, I would consider some custom valved ones. They will be tailored to suit you’re particular set up.

Brett

Sponsored

Rosco1983

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I think I read somewhere that the metalcloak 3.5in lift is more like a 4in lift. Does anybody else find this to be ture?

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I think I read somewhere that the metalcloak 3.5in lift is more like a 4in lift. Does anybody else find this to be ture?
Almost all lift springs will give more than advertised lift. They are built with the assumption you will add weight to your Jeep.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
my 2.5 from MC is definitely more than advertised. Which I love!

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
Thanks!!

The only issue I ran into driveshaft-wise was during the install. I did the lift after having installed a full set of Rock Hard 4x4 skid plates. Short version, the skids prevented the driveshaft and front axle from drooping enough to get the driver's side spring out easily, so I had to use a spring compressor. Not a big deal. As for off-road, I haven't seen any issues with the driveshaft.

I'm working on editing the video now. This is my first DIY video, so it's a learning process, but it should be done soon. It'll go up on my YouTube channel when it's done. I'll post a link here though.

I'll look for a good before/after angle to post and get it in here later today.
Hey did you ever post the DIY video to YouTube?

OP
OP
swampcat14

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hey did you ever post the DIY video to YouTube?
Hey! Sorry, no I haven't even edited it together, haha. I can share the raw footage with you, if you like. PM me.
Sponsored