Sponsored

Mopar to Showcase a Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Limited-edition Wrangler at Chicago Auto Show

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Pffft...I learned to ignore all these accessories Jeep likes to show off. You can spend thousands of dollars in Mopar parts only to have your dealer use it as excuse to deny legitimate warranty work, no matter how trivial the “mod.”

I’m not giving Mopar one more cent until FCA starts to enforce that dealers honor legitimate warranty work.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
It would be nice to see some half-doors.
I'm wondering if Jeep roll-out/R&D schedule goes:
1 .Introduction of JL Wrangler.
2. Diesel release.
3. Electric Wrangler release.
4. Half doors?

LJ2JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep LJ
Pffft...I learned to ignore all these accessories Jeep likes to show off. You can spend thousands of dollars in Mopar parts only to have your dealer use it as excuse to deny legitimate warranty work, no matter how trivial the “mod.”

I’m not giving Mopar one more cent until FCA starts to enforce that dealers honor legitimate warranty work.
This is sort of off topic, but look into the Magnuson-Moss act. The dealer essentially has to prove your modification caused said issue whether it’s a Mopar part or any other aftermarket part. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

Sponsored

Night Ryder

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 200, Honda Odyssey
So is this a one-off to showcase accessories, or a production model coming to market?

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I would say it would be a JL off the assembly line that the folks at FCA and Mopar have tricked out crazy on Mopar aftermarket accessories for the show. It’s actually not uncommon in the auto show world. I have been to the NAIAS several times. That is the North American International Auto Show held each year in downtown Motor City.

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
I think we all need to have a serious conversation with FCA on what constitutes as a "Performance Part"

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

This is different because it will be a factory model.

This could be similar to the limited Mopar-branded vehicles they release like these https://www.motor1.com/news/367837/mopar-19-dodge-challenger/

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary