3.45 to 4.10 with 35's

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
So I have the v6 and 8 speed auto with 3.45s and have the opportunity to go to 4.10s with a set of Rubicon take offs. Wasn't really planning on changing anything for a long time but but I got the knock with the limited slip. Debating on switching it out because of that. Anyway is the difference in hearing between the two noticable? I have been trying to find one on the lot with 35's and 4.10 but currently I'm only finding sports or the 2.0 on the lot to drive.
Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
So I have the v6 and 8 speed auto with 3.45s and have the opportunity to go to 4.10s with a set of Rubicon take offs. Wasn't really planning on changing anything for a long time but but I got the knock with the limited slip. Debating on switching it out because of that. Anyway is the difference in hearing between the two noticable? I have been trying to find one on the lot with 35's and 4.10 but currently I'm only finding sports or the 2.0 on the lot to drive.
Yes...the difference is definitely noticeable and the auto with 4.10s and 35s is a solid combo. I highly doubt you're going to find a 3.6 rubi with 35s on a dealer lot to test drive. Will your dealer repair your rear axle with "the knock"?

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I had the dreaded D44 limited slip knock and did the Rubi axle swap and never looked back. I have a set of 35's order after driving with the 33's for about three months on the upgraded axles. I think it will be a perfect match with the 8sp auto. People with the manual are not as pleased.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I had the dreaded D44 limited slip knock and did the Rubi axle swap and never looked back. I have a set of 35's order after driving with the 33's for about three months on the upgraded axles. I think it will be a perfect match with the 8sp auto. People with the manual are not as pleased.
I have the manual with 4.10s and ran 35s for a year. It crawled over obstacles and was fine on road. I'm now on 37s....it needs a regear

OP
OP
Bluebeast

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
Yes the dealer is fixing it. They said that they've already done a few. Sucks the parts are backordered until who knows when. Still up in the air about swapping axles. Glad to hear that it's good combo with the auto. I was guessing it would feel close to the 3.45 and 33's which was pretty good to me. Kinda letting fate decide if the rubi axles are still around whenever I get my jeep back I will probably scoop them up. I think the rental company would frown on it if I put them in the little car I'm driving at the moment.