Sponsored

Mopar to Showcase a Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Limited-edition Wrangler at Chicago Auto Show

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Mopar to Showcase a Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Limited-edition Vehicle at Chicago Auto Show

Jeep Wrangler Performance Parts (JPP) Limited-edition.jpeg

January 23, 2020 Auburn Hills, Mich. - At the upcoming Chicago Auto Show (Feb 8 - 17), Mopar will showcase a Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) limited-edition vehicle. Mopar offers more than 200 Jeep Performance Parts: quality-tested parts and accessories specifically designed and engineered for off-road performance enthusiasts.

About Mopar
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) is the service, parts and customer-care brand for FCA vehicles around the globe. Born in 1937 as the name of a line of antifreeze products, the Mopar brand has evolved over more than 80 years to represent both complete care and authentic performance for owners and enthusiasts worldwide.

Mopar made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era, with Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use, and expanded to include technical service and customer support. Today, the Mopar brand’s global reach distributes more than 500,000 parts and accessories in over 150 markets around the world. With more than 50 parts distribution centers and 25 customer contact centers globally, Mopar integrates service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance customer and dealer support worldwide.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
Mopar to Showcase a Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) Limited-edition Vehicle at Chicago Auto Show

January 23, 2020 Auburn Hills, Mich. - At the upcoming Chicago Auto Show (Feb 8 - 17), Mopar will showcase a Jeep Performance Parts (JPP) limited-edition vehicle. Mopar offers more than 200 Jeep Performance Parts: quality-tested parts and accessories specifically designed and engineered for off-road performance enthusiasts.
Something to head off the coming twin turbos from the theoretical competition in the upcoming Bronco perhaps.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I'd like to point out that my 2018 JL Sahara, despite Wranglers being one of the most sold vehicles out there, technically, is a limited edition too.

My sarcasm, should its meaning not be apparent, is to throw skepticism at notions like "best in its class" awards (without at least understanding criterion) and limited edition badges on some vehicles.

This isn't to say that I wouldn't love to be at this auto show and see the design.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
beat up old VW Passat
I'd like to point out that my 2018 JL Sahara, despite Wranglers being one of the most sold vehicles out there, technically, is a limited edition too....
If it has sales potential and makes money I'm sure the "limited" will be quite generous.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
If it has sales potential and makes money I'm sure the "limited" will be quite generous.
Agreed. But I do question how much more in resale value such limited editions command over those produced out of FCA's more conventional pipelines, like my Sahara.

Perhaps some limited editions do command more on their cache alone and not simply because such limited editions have gear on them that would raise the resale value of any Wrangler which had such gear to. It's my understanding that limited edition Wranglers have certain sets of optional gear-- available to all--packaged as a unit and associated with them, to address things like certain environments (Winter, Altitude, etc.) plus some unique trim elements.

Sponsored

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Probably be a 100K jeep with a 2 inch lift, 35s, Mopar wheels, swing gate reinforcement, and upgraded rock rails...
And an exclusive paint color, can't forget that. But people will buy them, can't blame FCA for that.