Reputable NorCal Dealers?

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Bought mine at Roseville Autonation Jeep they gave me a great deal but Im not real happy with the service on the free oil changes they insist its 6QT of oil when its 5qts
Sponsored

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Elk Grove had good deals but I bought at Tracy Jeep, $7500 off and "lifetime powertrain warranty" included

Rocklin_Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Occupation
Real Estate Tech
Vehicle Showcase
I would stay as far away from the Roseville Automall Jeep dealership as you can. Can't speak to their service staff but their sales staff would rather be playing Tetris than helping customers. Additionally, they have zero inventory on their site and have to drive you to other offsite parking areas to see vehicles. Just bad experiences at that place and nothing else, hopefully others have had better times there.

I bought mine at the Folsom dealership off 50 and they had a huge inventory of 4dr JLURs to choose from. No joke, 15-20 and those were loaded 4dr Rubi's. I got a great deal, no hassle, was in and out in 90 minutes.

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
My experience back in December was the exact opposite Folsom didn't have anything and Roseville did. I know they keep their stuff a lot of it offsite I just called in advance I told them what I was looking for and to have it on the premises which they did. When I got there they had 3 jeeps waiting for me and I got my Sahara at a great price

Sponsored

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I live in El Dorado Hills and will never set foot in the Folsom Jeep dealership again. Will be taking my JL to Placerville instead.

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I live in El Dorado Hills and will never set foot in the Folsom Jeep dealership again. Will be taking my JL to Placerville instead.
Went to Thompson's Jeep in Placerville for an oil change and to get my track bar replaced. What a great dealership! friendly, clean, prompt. Highly recommended if you are in the area.

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
All of the Bay Area dealers are a pain in the ass to deal with. I purchased a 2019 Rebel from South County last year and pretty much had to twist their arm the entire way. Not on price...just to actually call me and sell me a truck. It was bizarre. But they have the best price for on-lot vehicles.

Anyway, this year when shopping for a JLUR, I of course checked them out and they are at $6,000 'dealer discount' on the stickers which works out to right at about 6% below invoice. They didn't have what I wanted though this time around and said for a factory order they do $2500 less DD and that ($3500) works out to about 1% below invoice.

So it was shopping time. That is about when I found this site.

Did the reading and ended up getting a quote from Dennis Dixon in ID for 7% under invoice as expected. Just couldn't pull the trigger on the drive back over the mountain in the snow armed with only my wife and carry on luggage. I think there was 6% available down in LA...but lol LA. Not happening.

But armed with the knowledge and quote for 7% made the cold calling a lot easier....and still none of the South Bay dealers would come close to matching it.

Ended up talking to Brandon at Auburn Jeep (cold call prior to seeing above post). Cool guy and super easy to work with. Said best he could do was 4.5% under invoice which works out to about $5,300 under sticker MSRP. Close enough to the 'Dealer Discount' for an on-lot at South County for me, so I ordered.

Ended up at about a $1200 premium over taking the flight to Boise. Knowing myself I would have done it on a weekday too, so would have cost a PTO day as well (internal justification) :)

Stevens Creek ended up calling me back after I had reached out to the locals I had previously received quotes from and where willing to match it, but not beat it. Very nice of them to be willing to grab that sale with no work at the cost of others who did the leg work. So nice. I politely declined. lol. (actually, I did, I go there for service, haha)

So anyway, if in the market, especially if factory ordering, either go to Idaho for the deal, or get a quote from them prior to shopping. Build a spreadsheet from the Ordering Guide and include the FWP pricing and % targets. Show them the 7% you have already and let them know you will accept less for convenience (if you will).

1Placerville

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I believe they changed the law on tax rate..it use to be you could go to another county where taxes are less and save the difference...like LA county is over 10% but Ventura County is like 7.5%...somebody on here might have more recent knowledge..but here is the 2020 tax rate by county and city. If they did change the tax rate then make sure you are taxed (sales tax) accordingly. https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/formspubs/cdtfa95.pdf

Sponsored

rrsquid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I believe they changed the law on tax rate..it use to be you could go to another county where taxes are less and save the difference...like LA county is over 10% but Ventura County is like 7.5%...somebody on here might have more recent knowledge..but here is the 2020 tax rate by county and city. If they did change the tax rate then make sure you are taxed (sales tax) accordingly. https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/formspubs/cdtfa95.pdf
I'm pretty sure California has been like this for several years (since 2017, maybe more.) When buying a vehicle the tax rate is charged by your home/registration address, not the purchase location.

BTW, I second all the opinions on Auburn Jeep. We've purchased both our Ram and Jeep there. It's about a 40 minute drive for us, but having they are one of the few dealers that put a real price on the web site.

Steer clear of the dealership in Davis, Hanlees Jeep. I called looking for information and they only emailed me about one Jeep they had on the lot, with all the dealer addons (+$10,000) and wouldn't answer my direct questions.

mikem20

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I thought I had posted here already. I got mine at auburn. They were pretty easy to work with and made for an easy transaction. It was a good, no pressure deal.

A70F4A6D-A88B-4867-9D81-27C3CE8ADADF.jpeg

kkarnage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392, 2020 JLUR, 2015 JKR
Occupation
Retired
I haven't had to go to a stealership to buy a car in ~10 years now. The last 6 vehicles I've purchased, Jeeps included, I've done through Cartelligent here in the bay area. Even after their fee, they've always come out cheaper than any of the dealer offers. It is also a no-pressure environment, and no one pressures you to buy anything. Basically, tell them what you're after, what your deal-breaker must-have things are, and let them find your vehicle. Even if they weren't able to land the discounts they do, I'd still use them just to not have to deal with the sales staff at the stealerships. They truly are worth every dollar you pay them. Happy to refer folk to my favorite person in Cartelligent, and no, I have no commercial interest in them as a company.

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
I had a really good experience with Seaside Chrysler jeep. Just my two cents. They handle me largely over the phone. The staff there was very good, when I arrive. I would definitely recommend them. They give me a great deal on the jeep too

Deleted member 59098

I just bought a JLUR at Steven's Creek Chrysler-Jeep in Santa Clara/San Jose. Dealt with Mike: tell him John sent you. He gave me a very good deal and helped answer a bunch of questions, because I am a Jeep newby. Got car in 29 days from order.
Stevens Creek is the worst. Like all ones on the dealership review kind of bad.
Sponsored