Sponsored

Mopar Begins Selling Wall Charger in Preparation for Jeep Wrangler 4xe Hybrid Electric

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
...so the Wrangler 4XE is actually better for trails in the middle of nowhere since it can also carry a 5 gallon jerrycan, and has an extra 30 miles of range if thats not enough
Under what conditions will the 30 mile range hold? IE- Grade percentage, load carried, temperature, battery age. Is there regen? How? I’d need to know more to run those numbers. For up to $6 of fuel at about 9lbs, I think I’d lean that way to get the 30 miles for now until I learn more. I might research if I take further interest. I do like my eTorque and the capturing of what would be wasted energy byproduct of an ICE seems like a good compromise so far.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Nothing wrong with new. Completely against a hybrid that saves you a few MPG’s. It is worthless. Do the math on the premium you pay and how many years it takes in less MPG to pay it off. Never pays out, car will be dead and gone before it does. Also if you want to be a tree hugger and say it is better, bs, then go all EV. The hybrid was a brilliant marketing idea. Figure out a way to go all EV, great good stuff.

Also on topic it is silly they are selling the charger when the rig, to the best of my knowledge as I don’t follow closely, hasn’t even past all tests to be released.

Night Ryder

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 200, Honda Odyssey
Also on topic it is silly they are selling the charger when the rig, to the best of my knowledge as I don’t follow closely, hasn’t even past all tests to be released.
The Pacifica PHEV minivan has been out for 3 years now

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Under what conditions will the 30 mile range hold? IE- Grade percentage, load carried, temperature, battery age. Is there regen? How? I’d need to know more to run those numbers. For up to $6 of fuel at about 9lbs, I think I’d lean that way to get the 30 miles for now until I learn more. I might research if I take further interest. I do like my eTorque and the capturing of what would be wasted energy byproduct of an ICE seems like a good compromise so far.
Thank you! Well said... The whole idea is a feel good larp...

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
Jeepers love 2 hate new
No one hates anything. Its just a stupid idea when you realize that simplicity is better for reliability. No you want to add a gas engine onto a complex electrical system with 50 relays, more computers etc etc... its just dumb. The 2018 pentistar is jacked up enough as it is.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
No one hates anything. Its just a stupid idea when you realize that simplicity is better for reliability. No you want to add a gas engine onto a complex electrical system with 50 relays, more computers etc etc... its just dumb. The 2018 pentistar is jacked up enough as it is.
I recall when four doors was stupid

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
I personally don’t get the hybrid either unless cost after rebates is the same. Getting around 30 miles everyday on electricity seems like a good idea. Assuming again cost at start the same.

The other thought that intrigues me is limiting that electric to only when needed like climbing with large tires. Just not sure that’s enough juice all day. Assuming you get to pick your spots and be judicious with its use.

All the extra wiring is always a concern. Can’t stop technology and I love the comfort of GPS, A/C, and added safety from ACC. Could just buy an old CJ but those likely a total rust by now and puny compared to today’s JL. Progress comes with costs but I believe the benefits outweighs most of it.

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
I personally don’t get the hybrid either unless cost after rebates is the same. Getting around 30 miles everyday on electricity seems like a good idea. Assuming again cost at start the same.

The other thought that intrigues me is limiting that electric to only when needed like climbing with large tires. Just not sure that’s enough juice all day. Assuming you get to pick your spots and be judicious with its use.

All the extra wiring is always a concern. Can’t stop technology and I love the comfort of GPS, A/C, and added safety from ACC. Could just buy an old CJ but those likely a total rust by now and puny compared to today’s JL. Progress comes with costs but I believe the benefits outweighs most of it.
You really think that blasting your A/C and charging your phone, all the cooling pumping that still needs to be done , steep grades with high voltage demand in the heat of the desert is a good idea huh? Youd be lucky to get 15 miles. How about dead of winter in sub zero conditions? A naturally aspirated engine is proven for 100 years to be reliable in these situations.

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
You really think that blasting your A/C and charging your phone, all the cooling pumping that still needs to be done , steep grades with high voltage demand in the heat of the desert is a good idea huh? Youd be lucky to get 15 miles. How about dead of winter in sub zero conditions? A naturally aspirated engine is proven for 100 years to be reliable in these situations.
People keep forgetting the engine isn’t being removed. Everything you mentioned is as if all this vehicle will have is the electric. BTW, Tesla has been managing all that so when it does go full EV I don’t see the concerns you have.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
People keep forgetting the engine isn’t being removed. Everything you mentioned is as if all this vehicle will have is the electric. BTW, Tesla has been managing all that so when it does go full EV I don’t see the concerns you have.
If the engine isn't being removed whats the point? Whats the goal here? To make the most failure points on an off road rig?

GARRIGA

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Finance
If the engine isn't being removed whats the point? Whats the goal here? To make the most failure points on an off road rig?
To meet CAFE. That’s the goal every manufacturer uses to drive upcoming platforms. So long as they leave an option for dedicated off-road then it’s not a problem. Plus not every Jeeper is dedicated to predominantly meeting off-road needs. Some of us just need to get to work and sometimes get to play on the weekends. :)

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
To meet CAFE. That’s the goal every manufacturer uses to drive upcoming platforms. So long as they leave an option for dedicated off-road then it’s not a problem. Plus not every Jeeper is dedicated to predominantly meeting off-road needs. Some of us just need to get to work and sometimes get to play on the weekends. :)
Oh yea thats such a good reason. Cafe standards have really made motors and cars better... just ask C7 and C8 corvette owners...
have fun paying for repairs and battery swaps out of warranty my friend....
Sponsored