Sponsored

Where are you ordering your cabin and engine air filters?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Maybe I’m crazy but I’ve had several wrangler and never once thought that changing a cabin filter would do anything. Seeing as how the top is off a lot.
Even if you run with the top off most of the time, the filter can get still clogged since it's being fed air from the outside through the cowl. And if you ever use the fan, your blower motor won't be able to move enough air causing either your A/C to freeze or no heat.
Sponsored

OP
OP
1quick1

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
My cabin filter was extremely gross at 15k miles while my air filter was surprisingly not bad. I guess I don't ever use the recirculate option...

Tritonman

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
ITS Duty Manager
This is what an In cabin air filter with 15k on it looks like,l. I drive the jeep all summer long with the top down as much as possible and rarely use A/C.

20190818_122822.jpg

DaK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR
I replaced the air cleaner with K&N and will be doing the same for the cabin air filter. In Southern Arizona we get a lot of dust out on the trails the paper element of the stock cabin air filter can't seem to quite keep up. The K&N with its fabric filter should take care of the issue. I make sure to put the K&N sticker on the covers so that if I ever do go to dealer for service (not something I plan to do unless I have warranty work) I do not want some technician trying to replace the filters. I will inform the service advisor and then double check that they still there before leaving the dealer.

I have seen the Fram cabin air filters at Walmart. I didn't look for the air cleaner element.
My experience with the K&N cabin filter was negative. Before you install the filters, place them side by side to ensure there isn't a "thigh" gap between them. Went through 3 sets of K&N cabin filters and they all had a gap between them when they were side by side, whether in or out of the filter box.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
My experience with the K&N cabin filter was negative. Before you install the filters, place them side by side to ensure there isn't a "thigh" gap between them. Went through 3 sets of K&N cabin filters and they all had a gap between them when they were side by side, whether in or out of the filter box.
Thanks for the information. I hadn’t bought the K&N yet, but this gives me pause. I knocked my stock filter out and about .5 lb of dust and dirt came out. May look at the Fram filter to replace it.

iklln6

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
This is what an In cabin air filter with 15k on it looks like,l. I drive the jeep all summer long with the top down as much as possible and rarely use A/C.

20190818_122822.jpg
Good God that is an insane amount of dust! Kind of speaks to the quality of the Mopar filter which that goes unsaid about the cheaper brands -- the cheapo filter I bought at walmart probably doesn't catch nearly that much crud

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
For #68301863AA : Go to WalMart and get the FRAM CF10728 for $15 or $20.

Come on people, we covered this:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...filter-part-servicing.5432/page-2#post-776988
This is first time I've had a poor result following a maintenance recommendation on here. I bought the fram cf10728 cabin filter and tried to install it and would not recommend it. It's too stiff and doesn't bend well enough to fit into the filter space in the jl well at all. I tried bending it multiple ways and ended up chucking it bc it still wouldn't fit. The mopar filter fits great and is simple to install. Don't waste your $ on this fram filter.

Last edited:

iklln6

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is first time I've had a poor result following a maintenance recommendation on here. I bought the fram cf10728 cabin filter and tried to install it and would not recommend it. It's too stiff and doesn't bend well enough to fit into the filter space in the jl well at all. I tried bending it multiple ways and ended up chucking it bc it still wouldn't fit. The mopar filter fits great and is simple to install. Don't waste your $ on this fram filter.
Your JL 2018? Mine fit -- did take a little finagling, but she's still suckin dirt today. The dimensions are within about 1/8"; the problem initially was all the auto parts stores and everyone with google was pointing people to JK air filters and the only JL option available was from Mopar for an arm and both legs.

If you have a 2019 or 2020 and the size changed then we need a disclaimer!!!

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Your JL 2018? Mine fit -- did take a little finagling, but she's still suckin dirt today. The dimensions are within about 1/8"; the problem initially was all the auto parts stores and everyone with google was pointing people to JK air filters and the only JL option available was from Mopar for an arm and both legs.

If you have a 2019 or 2020 and the size changed then we need a disclaimer!!!
2018 jl...mopar filter fit much better

Sponsored

iklln6

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
mopar filter fit much better
well of course it did it wasn't made for a hyundai :CWL:
every one of the cabin air filters on that list was made for some other vehicle that uses a cabin air filter that happens to have the same dimensions to within 1/8" of my '18 JL -factory- cabin air filter. The list fills a need predicated upon cheap and quick from a time when slow and expensive (Mopar through the mail) was accented by false hope (autozone, o'reilley's listed the JK filter fit the JL). Fortes fortuna juvat

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
well of course it did it wasn't made for a hyundai :CWL:
every one of the cabin air filters on that list was made for some other vehicle that uses a cabin air filter that happens to have the same dimensions to within 1/8" of my '18 JL -factory- cabin air filter. The list fills a need predicated upon cheap and quick from a time when slow and expensive (Mopar through the mail) was accented by false hope (autozone, o'reilley's listed the JK filter fit the JL). Fortes fortuna juvat
I'm all about cheap and quick if an air filter fits properly....that was not the case. Simply trying to prevent others from making the same mistake.

Last edited:

iklln6

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm all about cheap and quick if an air filter fits properly....that was not the case. Simply trying to prevent others from making the same mistake.
i don't understand how we have the same filter and different results :headbang:

dammit i'm feeding a troll aren't i take whatever you want you win fine fine i'm out

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just ordered a cabin filter and air filter from quadatec for $40 together and if I spend $49 I get free shipping so I bought some dumb dome light for $15 lol.

RockinMarine

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL, Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired Marine/ Techician for Disney
A Mopar air filter 20 bucks. A Mopar cabin filter 20 bucks. Both need replacement every 15-20k miles. K&N air filter 55 bucks and Cabin filter 45 bucks. Washable and reusable. Works better than Mopar filters and you can feel the performance difference.
K&N filters are the way to go.
Sponsored