Positive outcomes of mopar 2 inch lift kit

Coach53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JL sport, 1999 TJ
Occupation
Retired
I have a 2018 JL Sport that I would like to lift with the mopar 2" lift kit. I have read the posts in the suspension section and really only see issues with bowed springs, death wobble, bump steering and rear end float. I have had all those issues on older YJ's and TJ's but only when I went over 3.5 inches of lift.
I would like to hear from anyone that has a 2" mopar lift on their JL with positive outcomes. I have to assume the majority of the 2" lifts have no issues but would like to hear some support in favor of the kit.
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I had an issue but it was an install issue. I agree with the above guys though, I added my own Rancho track bars front and rear (350$) and I love the lift. I came from a '17 JK strait to a lifted JL (the dealer lifted it before I purchased). I think it rides better than my '17 but very similar to stock. Loaded up it doesn't sag in the back. 10,000 miles and still feels awesome.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Mine is terrific.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I don't own the Mopar lift kit, but my advice is to break it down by component. From what I've read, the shocks are great, but don't have enough travel for the lift that the kit gives. I would think that they are better suited to an actual 2" lift. In my opinion the control arms are not long enough to provide adequate caster either, but this is more of a personal preference. Some of the (early?) kits suffered from spring bowing.

At the end of the day, the majority of the cost of the Mopar kit is in the shocks. The springs & control arms are not the expensive portion of the kit, so I wouldn't feel that bad about throwing one or the other away and choosing the kit just for the shocks (as long as the price was right). FWIW: A true 2" spring would help the caster issues & shock length issues that the kit has.

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Also something to realize is the shocks are plenty long enough. They are fine for a 2" lift. If I recall, they are the same extended length as the fox 2.0 for 2-3" lifts. Almost all aftermarket springs are built to hold heavy accessories, like winches, bumpers etc. Many times the dealers who ordered and installed them are idiots. They ordered the wrong spring kits for the wrong applications. Like 4 door springs on two doors and Rubi springs on sports. The Mopar lower control arms that come with the kit are plenty long enough for the correct kit. Lots of misinformation out there to sift through. I did install the RK correction pads. The springs weren't bowing but since I installed MC bumpstops, I figured why not.

All that said and I know you didn't ask for my opinion, for the money I would be on the Synergy bandwagon, before the Mopar kit. Yes, you will spend a bit more because of shocks but the rest is worth it. I will say the Mopar shocks are the best riding shocks in this category. For the money though, Synergy all day. A correct Mopar kit will serve you well if that's what you choose.

OP
OP
Coach53

Coach53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JL sport, 1999 TJ
Occupation
Retired
Thanks to all for the input. Sounds to me the mopar kit is good quality, but enhancements are needed to obtain acceptable performance.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yesterday, I had my JLR with 37's and Mopar lift on MetalCloaks flex trailer. I was concerned having heard about overflexing resulting in driveshaft, brake line, shock, and steering issues. Happy to report MC rep. found no issues of any kind.
Jeep Wrangler JL Positive outcomes of mopar 2 inch lift kit JLR flexed frt

The shocks , bump stops and coil springs are right. Tires have clearance, brake lines are fine. No replacement driveshaft needed either.
Jeep Wrangler JL Positive outcomes of mopar 2 inch lift kit JLR flexd rear

I have had to stuff wheels on several trails and it's good to verify nothing hits or rubs.
Jeep Wrangler JL Positive outcomes of mopar 2 inch lift kit Mopar lift flex

Last edited:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday, I had my JLR with 37's and Mopar lift on MetalCloaks flex trailer. I was concerned having heard about overfex resulting in brake line, shock, and steering issues. Happy to report MC rep. found no issues of any kind.
JLR flexed frt..jpeg
JLR flexd rear.jpeg
What kind of numbers did you get?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Mopar on for several months, no issues. As @Carlton mentioned, you’ll most likely get 3” or more of lift. I got almost 3.5” when I installed it.

I did put on front adjustable track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket, and front lower adjustable control arms. The spring isolators I added later after crushing the ones that came with the kit. I would suggest you use the rk isolators from the start.

Once I got it all straightened up, it worked fine. I have since removed it and put on the rock krawler 3.5” xfactor. We wheel a lot and I wasn’t getting enough wheel travel with Mopar since the shocks only extend 26.5”. To sum up, if you want exactly 2” l would look at some different lifts. :)
Did you sell your Mopar lift? I have been looking for a set of the Mopar lift Fox shocks (or a whole kit) but seems there are not many out there used. I am looking at a few options for my Rubicon, but looking to stay on the cheaper shade for now as I will most likely be selling / trading in my Rubicon this year. I want to stick with Mopar parts for that reason

Sponsored

Canyonero JL

First Name
Krusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JL Unlimited
I have a 2018 JL Sport that I would like to lift with the mopar 2" lift kit. I have read the posts in the suspension section and really only see issues with bowed springs, death wobble, bump steering and rear end float. I have had all those issues on older YJ's and TJ's but only when I went over 3.5 inches of lift.
I would like to hear from anyone that has a 2" mopar lift on their JL with positive outcomes. I have to assume the majority of the 2" lifts have no issues but would like to hear some support in favor of the kit.
I love my Mopar kit (for the 2.0L unlimited). Only word or advice is to double check your spring location for each wheel. The springs are different, as I believe the springs on the left side of the Jeep are slightly longer than the right, to account for the fact that the left side of the Jeep is slightly heavier (gas tank, maybe?). This info is in the Mopar instructions.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.... it sold in about two days after listing it. Why you selling or trading? Just want newer or something different?
Need something different. I have an artificial knee and the implant has failed. Due to that I am not able to get out and use the Rubicon like I planned. Even after I have the revision, it will be tough for me to do the harder stuff anymore. My plan is to get something a little more comfortable (hopefully the Bronco) that can do what I need while also being much more comfortable on long highway trips. May also swap back to another Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I loved my old one, and it would also do what I need it to do. With that Grand Cherokee Trailhawk the hard part will be wait for the redesign or not, and go with the Hemi or Diesel. As of now I would go with the Hemi as it is much simpler and should be easier to maintain. My JL (current one) is a 2020, so can't get much newer than that. My 2018 and 2019 were both repurchased.

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Went Metalcloak over Mopar because it makes sense. If I have to buy more parts to make the Mopar kit work then what's the point

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Went Metalcloak over Mopar because it makes sense. If I have to buy more parts to make the Mopar kit work then what's the point
Even if you add an adjustable track bar, spring perches, and geo brackets/lower arms you come in way under a Metal Cloak kit. Additionally you get much better shocks and no hassle from the dealership when they see it is a mopar kit.