Gas mileage when lifted with 35s?

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
My best guess is they rub the sway bar because I have a sport and axels aren’t as wide. I guess I’ll run spacers but only after I go back to the dealer to show my issues. That shit should be on them. Shouldn’t rub. It touches at full turn. I’ll take pics and post. I was just at the garage to check on it and I didn’t think to take pics but I will post them when I go back ..... it’s gonna snow :::smerk
Absolutely should not rub, and yes it should be on them!!! How wide are those wheels? You should haves a narrower stock wheel, or an aftermarket wheel with a negative offset to pull the wheel out a little. So 12MM is roughly equivalent to 1/2”, most aftermarket wheels for the JL are -12 offset which would bring the wheels 1” further out then they are now.
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Absolutely should not rub, and yes it should be on them!!! How wide are those wheels? You should haves a narrower stock wheel, or an aftermarket wheel with a negative offset to pull the wheel out a little. So 12MM is roughly equivalent to 1/2”, most aftermarket wheels for the JL are -12 offset which would bring the wheels 1” further out then they are now.
So what do I try to get them to do to fix the rub issue. Pay for the spacers? What would you want from them

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So what do I try to get them to do to fix the rub issue. Pay for the spacers? What would you want from them
I would demand wew wheels!!! I hate spacers and its unacceptable on a new vehicle!!! What size tires are on the jeep? I would make them give you a set of Mopar bead lock wheels like mine. They have much less of a positive offset as your stock wheels do, therefore they will be out far enough to clear the sway bar and any other suspension components. And I’ll go as far as to say if it’s rubbing on the sway bar now, it will more then likely rub on the springs, maybe even the shocks if you ever get that thing flexed out a little. You may never, but you should be able to, that’s why people buy a lifted Wrangler! New Mopar bead lock wheels is all I would except, they don’t have to be run in a true bead lock fashion so don’t worry about that. And you may never get that thing off road and that’s fine, but they built a parking lot princess not something that’s capable of going off road. That is unacceptable because you paid for something that should be capable of doing what it was it was designed to do!!

1E17B760-8B54-4D6D-B713-F6F93784087F.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
I would demand wew wheels!!! I hate spacers and its unacceptable on a new vehicle!!! What size tires are on the jeep? I would make them give you a set of Mopar bead lock wheels like mine. They have much less of a positive offset as your stock wheels do, therefore they will be out far enough to clear the sway bar and any other suspension components. And I’ll go as far as to say if it’s rubbing on the sway bar now, it will more then likely rub on the springs, maybe even the shocks if you ever get that thing flexed out a little. You may never, but you should be able to, that’s why people buy a lifted Wrangler! New Mopar bead lock wheels is all I would except, they don’t have to be run in a true bead lock fashion so don’t worry about that. And you may never get that thing off road and that’s fine, but they built a parking lot princess not something that’s capable of going off road. That is unacceptable because you paid for something that should be capable of doing what it was it was designed to do!!

1E17B760-8B54-4D6D-B713-F6F93784087F.jpeg
Just to clarify my wheels are mopar wheels not stock. Two pics to comepare specs mine are the slotted and the headlocks
Follow I believe mine have a 5.22 inch backspace and your have 4.40 inch. Now which one pushes out the tire further away from the vehicle

53CD7407-A721-4A61-821B-B25F9102E8F3.png

2FDD3167-23BE-4E86-BE45-B6F13165BECF.png

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify my wheels are mopar wheels not stock. Two pics to comepare specs mine are the slotted and the headlocks
Follow I believe mine have a 5.22 inch backspace and your have 4.40 inch. Now which one pushes out the tire further away from the vehicle

The less backspace the further out the wheel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Btw I do plan on taking my Jeep off-road there’s just certain things I want done before I do. Full underbody protection is one. It may be a while .... I didn’t expect to run into all of this but I did and step by step I’ll get there. First step is to get some money together for the extras which I have been doing taking on side jobs. Soon enuf the time will come. Once again thanks to all who respond in anyway shape or form cause even the guys bustin my nuts have turned and become helpful and that’s why I came to this forum for guidance and help and I guess if you wanna make fun of me then do it lol.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The less backspace the further out the wheel.
Unfortunately it’s not that simple as you probably already know. You will have to take into account the width of the wheel with that logic. The best way to determine how far out the wheel will come is by the offset, backspacing is more of an inside clearance measurement.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately it’s not that simple, you have to take into account the width of the wheel with that logic. Best way to determine how far out the wheel will come is by the offset.
Didn’t know it mattered how far the wheel stuck out, thought he just wanted it to stop rubbing.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Btw I do plan on taking my Jeep off-road there’s just certain things I want done before I do. Full underbody protection is one. It may be a while .... I didn’t expect to run into all of this but I did and step by step I’ll get there. First step is to get some money together for the extras which I have been doing taking on side jobs. Soon enuf the time will come. Once again thanks to all who respond in anyway shape or form cause even the guys bustin my nuts have turned and become helpful and that’s why I came to this forum for guidance and help and I guess if you wanna make fun of me then do it lol.
I’ll take that as a compliment, I think lol, nah brother I read you wrong in the beginning. I thought I already apologized for that, only my wife keeps bringing up the past, get over it lol.

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

What Rocky said!!

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
They obviously didn’t put any thought into wheel selection when they picked those. This is why I hate dealers!! They are completely clueless!!
And I bet that
They obviously didn’t put any thought into wheel selection when they picked those. This is why I hate dealers!! They are completely clueless!!
So I have to push them to go to bead locks. It’s a happy moment and a sad moment cause I did like my wheels but I would rather not run spacers so they are gonna have to make right by this. Sad part is I have to hit them with a bunch of stuff. I’ll
Need to organize and get there soon. Jeep still has only 400 miles on it but I gotta get there and organized

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.... not much Jeep knowledge there, OP should get whatever satisfaction you can from there then stop dealing with them, maybe check out another dealership to use or, a reputable 4x4 shop would be better. Just use dealership on a have to basis. Warranty work and such.
Sponsored