Sponsored

Jeep gurus, I need help!

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
I drove near a bunch of workers today who were tarring the street! It’s all over my front right tire! How do I get it off? I’m in the northeast so it’s freezing cold and most car washes are closed. I live in an apartment building, so I don’t have a garage. I think it may be on the bottom of the Jeep too, I’m so upset! Any help appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
I drove near a bunch of workers today who were tarring the street! It’s all over my front right tire! How do I get it off? I’m in the northeast so it’s freezing cold and most car washes are closed. I live in an apartment building, so I don’t have a garage. I think it may be on the bottom of the Jeep too, I’m so upset! Any help appreciated. Thanks
Did you try Blow Torch or Matches......? I'm just joshing. Try local Auto parts store for Junk remover.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
I got some on my Prius and for the life of me couldn’t get it out. I left it there a few weeks before attempting so that might have been a problem. I drove through it and probably got some underneath too but never knew to look. I did finally get it off, don’t remember how, I’m sorry. Strangely I found online that peanut butter works. It didn’t work for me! No damage on the paint job once I did get it off. I recall trying cooking oil.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Try WD-40

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
All is not lost... you have a spare for the time being. Try Goo Gone or Citrol tar remover.

If nothing else works, try a set of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a dark sense of humor.

JP18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Bug & Tar remover, at Wal-mart. Pretty common.

JP18

Last edited:

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Go get some brake clean and spray it on it or apply it to a rag and lay it over the tar while wiping it away. You can also use this on the vehicle body to remove the tar but will want to re wax the areas you use it on. You can use a bug and tar remover as well but the brake clean will work just as good. Let me know how it goes. Do not leave the tar on your paint for too long as it may stain your paint job!

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
Go get some brake clean and spray it on it or apply it to a rag and lay it over the tar while wiping it away. You can also use this on the vehicle body to remove the tar but will want to re wax the areas you use it on. You can use a bug and tar remover as well but the brake clean will work just as good. Let me know how it goes. Do not leave the tar on your paint for too long as it may stain your paint job!
You learn something everyday. I was always afraid of using brake cleaner on automotive paint and usually use kerosene or sometimes a small amount of gasoline if outside. So I looked it up and even NAPA recommends it as one of the best all round cleaners and says it's completely safe for automotive paint... but not powder coat. Good to know.:like:

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
You learn something everyday. I was always afraid of using brake cleaner on automotive paint and usually use kerosene or sometimes a small amount of gasoline if outside. So I looked it up and even NAPA recommends it as one of the best all round cleaners and says it's completely safe for automotive paint... but not powder coat. Good to know.:like:
I run a oil & chip company so i am use to dealing with these situations. I wish you luck and am glad i was able to share some valuable knowledge!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DrDee

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!

OP
OP
DrDee

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks everyone for your helpful tips, my “URSULA” is all better....:like::like::like:
Sponsored