J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed both of the new front driveshafts: went with the Adams 1310. The factory angle of the front driveshaft (t-case side) was pretty great after the lifts. This definitely corrects that and should allow for full droop now. Cant wait to test that out!

For the install - i would HIGHLY recommend an impact driver and someone to help you put it in/out of 4H (to lock the front shaft). If you dont have someone, you're going to be doing a lot of burpees :) If you dont have an impact gun - you're gunna have a bad time! You will also need some extensions. I used about 16" of extensions and a swivel.

For the front bolts - it's (4) 15mm bolts. They come out rather easily.
The rear bolts - use a T50 and are in there REALLY good - factory used green locktite. Like i said - impact gun or you will be sweating.

After bolts are removed - shaft should fall out.

Next - remove the rear yoke nut - 1 1/4. I would get a deep socket. After nut is removed, use a chisel (or wood) and a hammer to tap out the yoke.

REINSTALL

Put black silicone on the nut and red locktite on the threads - re-install new yoke and nut - tighten to 166 ft/lbs.
Front bolts will tighten to 89 ft/lbs. - use red locktite. Rear bolts dont have torque specs - i just went tight as i could with red locktite.

New shafts look "very nice"
IMG_5433.JPG
IMG_5434.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
"Merry New Year, you filthy animal"(s). Guess this is the 1st update of the new year. That's 2 fantastic Xmas movie references in 1 statement.....if you dont know the two, get a better taste in movies :)

We had a great holiday and new year over this way - hope everyone else did too. We have some small updates and large updates......all from Xmas. Thanks Santa and @BbyGrlJJ ;)

My youngest (12) got me a Mojito flashlight - pretty sweet! I think they typically go on the rollbar, but i want a flashlight where i can grab it, if i'm driving, so went right about drivers east, to the left. Typically, my head doesnt hit it, but if i'm spotting my drivers tire, i do catch myself hitting it occasionally.
IMG_1574.JPG

Stocking stuffers were put in: some replacement/add-on rubber mats. Didnt use all of these, but a little accent in a few places looked good:
IMG_2045.JPG
IMG_2524.JPG
IMG_3574.JPG
IMG_5445.JPG
IMG_5446.JPG

Now for the good stuff!! :rock:
@BbyGrlJJ got me a Smittylbilt XRC9500 for Xmas, so put that on. This is my first winch, so i'm very excited. It came with steel cable, so i decided to replace that with a synthetic line.
Smittybilt Synthetic Line - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003CG7QWE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mounting to the Artec bumper was relatively easy. You have to access the front bolts through the fog holes, so there is limited throw with a wrench. The rear bolts are easy, even with the sway disco skid. I chose to mount the control box on top and ran the wires behind the left side of the grille, nearly straight up, through the rubber piece by the airbox (cutting a slit for better fitment with that rubber piece) and right over to the battery terminals. It's pretty tight, but fits......(and that's what she said).

I decided on an Ultrahook and a rope guard. I was 50/50 on green or gray and went with green, knowing that it wasnt 100% match on Mojito, but what is :) I do like it - cant WAIT to use it. I did pre-tension the rope. I watched this vid and i so live on a slanted street, so was very easy. I also went with a Factor55 fairlead and a winch cover.

Ultrahook - https://factor55.com/product/new-ultrahook/
Rope Guard - https://factor55.com/product/ultrahook-rope-guard-new/
Fairlead (1inch) - https://factor55.com/product/hawse-fairleads/
Winch cover - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07V9W7P61/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_4052.JPG
IMG_6742.JPG

Now for the bigger portion! I bought @BbyGrlJJ AAL LEDs for Xmas and oddly enough, Santa brought some for me. :) Since you install these, you're really locked into new liners, so we went with Artec liners. We loved the look/design AND they match the front bumper. Along with that, we got the fender retention hardware from AAL. If you're replacing fenders or doing liners i HIGHLY SUGGEST you get either this hardware or new hardware. Having these is a HUGE difference than the OEM plastic tabs (which mostly break when you're removing them).

Now - this mod took a long time (especially on 2 Jeeps), but probably the most rewarding, when you look at the Jeep. It took me about 2-2.5hrs, per wheel. It was just a process. The 1st one took a while, just to figure it all out. The instructions could be better....more details, more steps, more pics. I will try to provide some info here, for anyone's consideration.

Liners - https://www.artecindustries.com/JL_Inner_Fenders_Vented
AAL LEDs(White) - https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-high-line-fender-brace-with-daytime-running-lights/
AAL Fender Hardware - https://americanadventurelab.com/product/jeep-jl-fender-retention-hardware/

So - the prep: it's been cold here in STL and i have to resort to painting in the house again. Getting so sick of this - lol. So, i converted the basement bathroom into our paint studio and hung to dry some fender pieces in the other part of our basement. I was able to ventilate pretty good, but there was a good amount of dust...ha. Thanks to @Roky for some painting and install tips! :fist bump: I used an aluminum primer and flat black. 2 coats each. Figured they would be easy to touch up, if we went with spray cans.

IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_2273.JPG
IMG_7118.JPG

For the install, i referenced the following links:
Someone else did an Artec liner install (@4LowPhoto is this you?) If so - thanks! -
Artec Install Instructions - https://www.artecindustries.com/assets/images/Company/documents/JL5106_Installation_Instructions.pdf
Artec Rivnuts -
AAL LED Install -
AAL LED Tazer signal error fix -

Here's the process i used:
  • Remove the 10mm bolts in the OEM liner
  • Remove the Pushtabs from the liner
  • Pop/break the OEM rivets, from the liner
  • Remove OEM liner
  • Remove additional 10mm bolt in fender
  • Pop fender tabs off body, starting from the rear
  • Fender should pop off
  • Use a torx bit (forgot the size) to remove the side marker, OEM light (i have LEDs) and light bracket
  • Pop the tabs holding the light wire in (about 6)
  • Pull the light out (has double-sided tape holding it on)
  • Pull the inner fender off of the fender
  • Cut the tabs on the factory upper fender
  • Drill the fender holes to make wider for the rivnuts
  • Touch-up paint the drilled holes
  • Insert the rivnuts
  • Re-attach the upper fender
  • Install the AAL LED, wire routed behind the front body beam and ziptied, where necessary
  • Install the Artec liner bracket (front body mount)
  • Install the rear part of the Artec liner, using the short screw for the rear bottom hole
  • Hand-screw the front liner piece into place
  • Punch/mark the holes in the body
  • Remove front liner piece
  • Drill holes, touch-up paint holes and install liner rivnuts
  • Install front liner
  • Drill out AAL LED side screw (you want to do this - it add a lot of fender support)
  • Do the remaining 3 and realize that your weekend was just wrecked - lol, but a FANTASTIC result!:rock:
NOTES:
I used blue lock-tite on all screws.
For the AAL LED fender screw, i used 4 small washers, so the fender is not pulled in and "torqued". It sits nice and flush. In the future, i intend to replace that with a black screw.....it's the small details.
For the Artec screws:
I used long screws on the front body mount and the body rivnuts
Short screws for the "joining nuts" and the bottom rear

Fender retention hardware rivnuts installed:
IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0890.JPG
IMG_1988.JPG
IMG_7860.JPG

1 side done: Comparison
IMG_9658.JPG

Hers done, mine not :)
IMG_1155.JPG
IMG_4696.JPG
IMG_6379.JPG
IMG_9859.JPG

We LOVE the front end exposure and look of the liners and LEDs - great vendors and products! Cant wait to take these things out!!! Anyone in the STL area, hit us up.

Oh yeah - we were able to remove our front MC bumpstops now, for some extra uptravel - WOOT!

IMG_2378.JPG

Last edited:

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
Great explanations and links. Very much appreciated and I look forward to your thread and the evolution from stock to Awesome. I am learning and getting ideas so again very much appreciated

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Great explanations and links. Very much appreciated and I look forward to your thread and the evolution from stock to Awesome. I am learning and getting ideas so again very much appreciated
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I both enjoy and hate the efforts sometimes, but that's how you know you love to mod/tinker...whatever you want to call it. I like being able to share ideas and processes, so that it's easier for others, even if the way i do it was "wrong" or harder. It helps improve for the next guy! :) Good luck on your build!

Sponsored

maxjlu

First Name
fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jl
OK Folks - ANOTHER good weekend! Lifted @BbyGrlJJ's Jeep, so that's 2 lifts under my belt - which is awesome, but i feel like i just climbed everest - LOL.

First - she wanted to paint the MC arms and track bars, so we did that. Here's some pics of how i did it.

Before:
IMG_4901.jpg

Wiped the outside rims clean:
IMG_4905.JPG

Used some fat Frog Tape:
IMG_4902.JPG

Applied the tape in a plus sign pattern:
IMG_4906.JPG

IMG_4907.JPG

IMG_4909.JPG

Pinched it in (like a nipple) :) to create some slack:
IMG_4903.JPG

IMG_4912.JPG

IMG_4904.JPG

Push down the edges and used an exacto knife to trim around the outside (doesnt have to be perfect):
IMG_4910.JPG

Used some blue paint tape to cover the exposed threads:
IMG_4911.JPG

All prepped:
IMG_4913.JPG

Used Rustoleum "Rebel Red", which dried nice - just like the factory Rubi red - https://www.homedepot.com/p/Rust-Ol...oss-Sunrise-Red-Spray-Paint-7762830/100167186

IMG_4914.jpg

Forgot to take a pic of all dry, so here's a couple. I did get some wrinkling - not sure why. Thought i cleaned enough during prep. Oh well. It's all underneath and will get beat up. Easy to touch up though!
IMG_4918.JPG

Parts on and lifted! :) :rock::like: I also did Steersmarts draglink, with RED Griffin, SS Tie Drod & Nexus 2.2. If you catch my "forgetfulness", i forgot to do the endlinks. Will do all when we get it back from alignment.

IMG_7419.JPG
IMG_5463.JPG
View attachment 195477
IMG_4921.JPG
IMG_4920.JPG

The Archangel cam out real nice! BOTH are looking great, in our opinion :) :rock:

Also - i "think" her's might sit a 1/2" higher....i assume it's due to less engine weight? 2.0 vs 3.6. HERS IS BIGGER! :punch::involve:
Looks amazing!

Donnie210

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
What size wheels are on the Radio and AA?
What width tires did you go with?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What size wheels are on the Radio and AA?
What width tires did you go with?
Here are the wheels:
Archangel - http://www.fueloffroad.com/wheel/11740/fuel-1-piece-wheels-zephyr-d632/?finishID=3593&lugs=5 PN#D63217907545

Radioactive - http://www.fueloffroad.com/wheel/11...ls-zephyr-beadlock-d101/?finishID=3594&lugs=5 PN# D10117907545

For tires - we went with the 37 Milestar Pats - 37X12.50R17LT PN#22050500 124Q

We love this combo, but we havent been able to fully flex yet. Hopefully soon. We've only gone out on a few EASY trails. Again, hoping to change that in the next couple weeks.

Donnie210

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL
Nice!
I'm looking at 18Ă—9 wheels and 13.5 wide 37 tires. Do you know if that will rub? I have the Mopar 2" lift.
Or anyone on here have that setup or knowledge can answer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!
I'm looking at 18Ă—9 wheels and 13.5 wide 37 tires. Do you know if that will rub? I have the Mopar 2" lift.
Or anyone on here have that setup or knowledge can answer.
I'm not sure if that rubs or not. I know there's TONS of discussion like that on here though. Check around the forums and search. I'd think you can find that specific answer :)

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Dude! Awesome progress on both JLs!! You're going to absolutely love the AAL fender mod! So much added travel clearance and an amazing led light kit too boot!

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Went out on a small creek run today. A blast to get out, even though it wasnt a "trail". Learned some flex points, but needed to test more flex up front. The rear was perfect: the MC 3.5, 37 Pats and 3 bumpstops. Might look to remove rear fender liner and remove additional bumpstops.
IMG_1750.JPG
IMG_1528.JPG
IMG_5433.JPG
IMG_6362.JPG
IMG_5916.JPG
IMG_5148.JPG
IMG_5510.JPG
IMG_5527.JPG
IMG_9561.JPG
IMG_9340.JPG
IMG_8359.JPG
IMG_8087.JPG
IMG_5040.JPG
IMG_0156 2.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_3644.JPG

OP
OP
jlewissystem

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
We're "gearing up" for some trail runs this spring/summer. We plan to hit 3-4 Badge of Honor locations, which should be a blast! Got a few recovery items:

Viking Recovery Gear bag - https://www.quadratec.com/products/92144_4311.htm
Tree Saver & SnatchBlock - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C1CKKFY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Existing Soft shackles
Existing Tow Strap

IMG_6498.JPG
IMG_0758.JPG

Our plan is to hit a few lower to medium trails this year, then beef up and head west. Full skids next year. For now, we put on the RockHard4x4 LCA skids.....waiting on Metalcloak FAD skids and diff skids to come in.

The RockHards seem beefy and mount up nicely. You might have to tweak/tug the axle to get the bolts to line up for you. It was a simple install, but not after SHOULDER DAY!

If you havent already, flip your rear lower shock bolts, so they face the tire. With the new skids (if you flip them) they will be protected nicely with the new skids.

BEFORE:
IMG_4083.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG

AFTER:
IMG_4083.JPG
IMG_4035.JPG
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_2656.JPG
IMG_3087.JPG
IMG_3742.JPG

These should help bounce off of things :)

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
going to get a front diff protector before you wheel it too hard? that drain plug in the front is an issue
Sponsored