Non Partisan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JK
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seriously considering one of these because I was going to purchase the options it includes anyway, but really dislike the black grill. Anybody know if you can color match that with the dealer?
I'm with you in that respect. The current Jeep here is a JK which came with a black grill. Got a color matched, brand new takeoff on ebay for $85. Odds are good that you can get the color needed on ebay or craigslist. It's an easy swap. Someone else may have a preference for black and buy yours.
Sponsored

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Kudos for making it available in a two door, but, should have engine options. I will not buy the 2.0L/BSG. Oh well.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
$50,555 not bad and I'm already taking my Jeep in this direction appearance-wise anyway.

FmwpMkpd2rABoMloZwXA9rt2rlfPRcNfsVp&&pov=summaryhero&width=1450&height=543&bkgrnd=&resp=jpg&cut=.jpg

img_1945-jpg.jpg
Questions: did you buy the Mopar steel bumper? Did it come with the LED fog lights?

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Questions: did you buy the Mopar steel bumper? Did it come with the LED fog lights?
I bought it from another forum member, and I had to reuse my old foglights. If you buy it new from MOPAR I understand it comes with its own fogs. It was a real hassle getting the ones from the plastic bumper mounted, as they're different than the steel bumper fog lights.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Kudos for making it available in a two door, but, should have engine options. I will not buy the 2.0L/BSG. Oh well.
Seriously, I'm annoyed they don't have the diesel as an option because I was leaning towards this build as it discounts add-ons I was getting anyways.

What are everyone's thoughts on whether they open up order banks on more engine choices soon?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I bought it from another forum member, and I had to reuse my old foglights. If you buy it new from MOPAR I understand it comes with its own fogs. It was a real hassle getting the ones from the plastic bumper mounted, as they're different than the steel bumper fog lights.
Thanks. Yes that was my experience when I bought the Mopar steel bumpers for my JK: it came with its own set of fogs and wiring harness; the stock harness was too short.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Yes that was my experience when I bought the Mopar steel bumpers for my JK: it came with its own set of fogs and wiring harness; the stock harness was too short.
Its too long on the JLs, lol. I had to pull the slack into the center of the bumper. I'll have to figure out how to keep it out of the way when I get a winch.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously, I'm annoyed they don't have the diesel as an option because I was leaning towards this build as it discounts add-ons I was getting anyways.

What are everyone's thoughts on whether they open up order banks on more engine choices soon?
Both newly announced “special editions”, Sahara North and Rubicon Recon, are offered only with the 2.0 4-cyl.

Since FCA has been struggling to meet CAFE and EU emission regulations, my take is that these packages are enticements for shoppers considering the V6 to sway them towards the 4-cyl. So from that standpoint, I’d doubt FCA plans to open these packages to anything else at the moment.

Last edited:

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
$50,555 not bad and I'm already taking my Jeep in this direction appearance-wise anyway.

FmwpMkpd2rABoMloZwXA9rt2rlfPRcNfsVp&&pov=summaryhero&width=1450&height=543&bkgrnd=&resp=jpg&cut=.jpg

img_1945-jpg.jpg
Same here!

I recently bought a red Altitude Sport that I had mentally been building to look like this appearance with the black grille, black fender vent decals, steel bumper and grille hoop guard, but without the hood decals. Add some lights to that hoop and winch and that is my current vision.

Awesome to see it modeled up on Jeep's site.

Capture.PNG

Wch_chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2020 JT LE
EDIT: There seems to be about $100 difference between them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I just built two exact same Jeeps on the website. One a Recon and the other a regular Rubicon. The Recon was $1000 more expensive....
Hmmm...

The Recon starts at $47,785, with destination.

If I take a Rubicon and add the satin black grille, Steel Bumper Group, LED Group, 8-speed auto with the 4-cyl I end up with $47,885, including destination. That’s a whopping $100 in savings! LOL!!!

Having said that, the Rubicon still doesn’t include the blacked out hood decals, the red seatbelts, the bumper hoop, the Moab rock rails, the Gladiator wheels or the 33” tires...

Wch_chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2020 JT LE
Hmmm...

If I take a Rubicon and add the satin black grille, Steel Bumper Group, LED Group, 8-speed auto with the 4-cyl I end up with $47,885, including destination. That’s a whopping $100 in savings! LOL!!!

Having said that, the Rubicon still doesn’t include the blacked out hood decals, the red seatbelts, the Moab rock rails, the Gladiator wheels or the 33” tires...
I get the same result you just got. Let me make sure my last statement was crazy talk.

EDIT: You are correct. There is still some value in the package if you want those additional items.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Both newly announced “special editions”, Sahara North and Rubicon Recon, are offered only with the 2.0 4-cyl.

Since FCA has been struggling to meet CAFE and EU emission regulations, my take is that these packages are enticements for shoppers considering the V6 to sway them towards the 4-cyl. So from that standpoint, I’d doubt FCA plans to open these packages to anything else at the moment.
I don't doubt this, that's why I was surprised the MOAB only came with the V6. I might have considered it if it would have had the four.

Night Ryder

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 200, Honda Odyssey
It also
Hmmm...

Having said that, the Rubicon still doesn’t include the blacked out hood decals, the red seatbelts, the bumper hoop, the Moab rock rails, the Gladiator wheels or the 33” tires...
It also doesn't come with the E-Torque mild hybrid ststem, heavy duty spare tire carrier, and bumper hoop (whatever that's for)

jdubya421

First Name
Jakob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2-Door MT V6
Build Thread
Link
The interior matched to the exterior is a nice touch (bikini pearl). Wish this had been a package when I bought my Jeep, would have definitely got the recon.

Edit: I also like that the whole dash isn't red. Never liked that about Rubicons.

2020-01-16 13_36_43-Window.png
Sponsored