Bad Dealer Service and lies

Digiwolf

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
So I bought a left of 18 Sahara JLU, on the test drive everything was great "only drove it in town on back roads". They did the v41 recall before I picked it up. So I took it home 50 mile trip one way and I noticed I have a good inch of play turning right. Also 90% of the time my steering wheel is cranked at 2pm just to stay on the road.

So I called my dealer, that supposedly has the jeep customer service award to describe my problem and schedule an appointment. So I arrive there and they tell me to have a seat, 10 minutes later they hand me the keys and tell me there is nothing they can do till you hit 5,000 miles because the jeep has self learning steering. "wtf?" So I wasted 2 hours of my time and 100 trip that could have been settled over the phone. Has anybody be given this story?
Sponsored

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Sounds like crap to me.

But,

On my Rubicon, the steering is never straight. Sometimes it's a little left, sometimes a little right. Depends on which way the road is leaning.
The bigger tires amplify this effect.

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Check the tire inflation. Over inflated tires will make it chase the road. It will take some time for the tires to wear in—at least 1500 miles. The JK was the same way—and I had 4 of them.

My 18’Jlur has had 2 steering stabilizers replaced but that was never the wandering issue. Once I got past 1500 miles it drove and continues to drive like a dream.

The steering wheel angle will change with road and wind conditions.

I have a 2020 Gladiator and at 1400 miles the tires are wearing in and the steering is settling just like my JL.

Give it a chance!

Sponsored

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Self learning steering:LOL:

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I would have followed up with, “that sounds interesting, please explain how that works” and watch the dudes head explode. I would have gone down that rabbit hole and had fun with the dude until they “alleged professional mechanics” could explain it.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
"Self-Learning Steering", now that's a new one!

Sponsored

GNXtoWS6

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Make sure you push in all of your fuses.
I am glad for this forum. I just bought a 2020 Rubicon and decided to check the fuses and found about 12 of them sitting loosely in the holder! I then went over to my 2018 Trackhawk and found six! What kind of quality control is that!

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I am glad for this forum. I just bought a 2020 Rubicon and decided to check the fuses and found about 12 of them sitting loosely in the holder! I then went over to my 2018 Trackhawk and found six! What kind of quality control is that!
FCA :angry:
Sponsored