First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
At this rate i will be changing my headlights every few months lol, loving these new designs!
Sponsored

Dirguo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Might send a message to teh few on this thread that have them
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase 9" headlights for my 2018 Wrangler JL. I'm on a tight budget but looking to treat myself and I came across these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07QJ1NYGJ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&psc=1

Unfortunately there's not many reviews out there and I just want to be re assured I'm not wasting my money here lol. Any advice would be much appreciated!
Might check w/ a few members from this thread, seem to get decent reviews
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/kiwi-master-9-jl-led-lights.26453/page-10

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase 9" headlights for my 2018 Wrangler JL. I'm on a tight budget but looking to treat myself and I came across these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07QJ1NYGJ/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ&psc=1

Unfortunately there's not many reviews out there and I just want to be re assured I'm not wasting my money here lol. Any advice would be much appreciated!
From halogens, I went to Quake LED's. I didn't care for them. For the price it wasn't very much light output. I saw the Kiwi Master lights and the price and thought why not. Best headlights I have ever owned. They are bright and adjustable so you aren't blinding oncoming traffic. You will not be disappointed.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
From halogens, I went to Quake LED's. I didn't care for them. For the price it wasn't very much light output. I saw the Kiwi Master lights and the price and thought why not. Best headlights I have ever owned. They are bright and adjustable so you aren't blinding oncoming traffic. You will not be disappointed.
How is the light pattern? Cheaper after market headlight units tend to have a reputation of shining an irregular pattern on the road.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
How is the light pattern? Cheaper after market headlight units tend to have a reputation of shining an irregular pattern on the road.
From what I've seen the ones that have the single low beam projectors have the best cutoffs and widest patterns, such as the Oracle Oculus, and the ones w/ that single projector w/ the X DRL.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...d-headlight-upgrade-for-the-jeep-jl-jt.34999/
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000274234175.html

grizzy727

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
I just installed mine this weekend-version 3 non cross
Installation was simple - no need for adjustment.
If you want to argue about 10 or 15% cut off on the sides or whatever -fine- I can see it but it doesn't affect your driving on the road
One thing is for sure -For $200ish these look way better and are 1000x brighter than the stock pathetic lights -
Next up amber LED fog lights...

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I just checked amazon and it seems like the model 1 (cross) is the only one they’re selling right now. There used to be an option for models 2 & 3 (halo), but they aren’t there any more.

23EFE0D0-03E5-485B-9616-FC91670836A8.png

edit: looks like they have a few model 3s back up on Amazon now. Model 2 is still gone.

Last edited:

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I ordered the model 3's also and installed them about 3 weeks ago. Sending them back when my Oracle's come in. The problem with these (unsure of the other variants) is the 2 small LEDs next to the projectors cast a very blue (7k?) and very bright light close to the jeep. The main beam is a normal color temperature (6k?) but relatively dim. This makes the driving experience pretty bad for me, as it's hard to see distances with the low beams no matter how I aim them. The high beams were pretty wicked though. Perhaps it's unique to the model 3, but based on my experience id recommend staying away from any of the versions with the "auxiliary" lights.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the model 3's also and installed them about 3 weeks ago. Sending them back when my Oracle's come in. The problem with these (unsure of the other variants) is the 2 small LEDs next to the projectors cast a very blue (7k?) and very bright light close to the jeep. The main beam is a normal color temperature (6k?) but relatively dim. This makes the driving experience pretty bad for me, as it's hard to see distances with the low beams no matter how I aim them. The high beams were pretty wicked though. Perhaps it's unique to the model 3, but based on my experience id recommend staying away from any of the versions with the "auxiliary" lights.
Won't be disappointed with the Oracle Oculars.