First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I just can’t trust this design, in the unlikely event you were off in the Bush and say some underbrush were to catch on the level it’s going to be bad news, now if you have a skid plate covering that then all’s good but for me I’ll stick with the bolt and grab a wrench
Take a look at the Femco valve. It's just as easy to use but has a double safety and not way to accidentally open it as no little lever to get caught up.

Been using them forever and zero issues. Could never understand the Fumoto hype in a non-industrial controlled setting.
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Take a look at the Femco valve. It's just as easy to use but has a double safety and not way to accidentally open it as no little lever to get caught up.

Been using them forever and zero issues. Could never understand the Fumoto hype in a non-industrial controlled setting.
We used Fumoto style valves in gas compression thruout the Midwest and loved the simplicity just does not seem practical on a moving vehicle that have the lever exposed and the plastic clip is supposed to keep it from opening.

I will check out Femco, thanks !!!!

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara

where can you find them for a 2019 3.6?

Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm installing one tomorrow. Will mechanically secure the lever with a zip tie

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Femco site goes to 2016.
I took my Fumoto off my 2016 JK and put it on my 2019 JL 3.6, works just fine. Even though the Femco is slightly different, it’s nothing that would prevent it from working just fine.

If anyone is worried about catching the Fumoto off road, then you should also be very concerned about the transmission fluid lines that are even more exposed. All the more reason for a engine/tranny skid.

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077Z9GQCB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I installed a valvomax. I was worried that the fumoto would get caught on something and drain all my oil. The Valvomax has a cap that is a second level for leaks.
Before I did a Femco I looked at those. They looked great and like that they are stainless. I ended up with Femco as they had a low profile version that sits very close to the oil pan, but if I had to do it again I would have done the Valvomax.

Here is the Femco:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N30AXCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sponsored

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just don't have the patience. All of these valves drain so slowly.

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I use Fumoto valves on all my cars, no issues yet and easy oil changes

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Before I did a Femco I looked at those. They looked great and like that they are stainless. I ended up with Femco as they had a low profile version that sits very close to the oil pan, but if I had to do it again I would have done the Valvomax.

Here is the Femco:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N30AXCC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Why would you get the Valvomax over the Femco? I have a Femco on another vehicle, and I've always been happy with it. And it's a lower profile than the Valvomax. Just curious.
Sponsored