Sponsored

So... What if you crack the acoustic laminated windshield?

Arnusoriano

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Scion TC, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, Horse
I got a star shaped chip on my windshield on my jl the 3rd day, took it to safelite see if they could repair it and they told me they couldn't and that it would be best to replace it. Im taking it to another guy on Saturday see if he can repair it. I don't want to go through insurance yet even though i have a $100 deductible. Ill rather wait for a bigger crack for a whole windshield replacement. I think this is going to be a recurring problem with this windshield. Specially for me since my job commute is around 3 hours(with LA traffic) a day so greater chance of catching a rock :crying::puke:

dmeyerrph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Firecracker Red
I got a star shaped chip on my windshield on my jl the 3rd day, took it to safelite see if they could repair it and they told me they couldn't and that it would be best to replace it. Im taking it to another guy on Saturday see if he can repair it. I don't want to go through insurance yet even though i have a $100 deductible. Ill rather wait for a bigger crack for a whole windshield replacement. I think this is going to be a recurring problem with this windshield. Specially for me since my job commute is around 3 hours(with LA traffic) a day so greater chance of catching a rock :crying::puke:
Yeah the Wranglers are rock magnets - did 2 replacements on my TJ, 3 on my 2008 JK, none on my 2014 JK (but 3 chips repaired) and this is #1 on the JL

Sponsored

Arnusoriano

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Scion TC, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL, Horse
Yeah the Wranglers are rock magnets - did 2 replacements on my TJ, 3 on my 2008 JK, none on my 2014 JK (but 3 chips repaired) and this is #1 on the JL
wow, thats the only think i don't like about JL. I wonder if they sell some kind of "Screen protector" for the windshield. That will prob not be cheap and will look ugly..

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Thanks to this thread I just lowered my comprehensive deductible to $100! Cost me an extra $10 every 6 months.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Joined the less than 2000 miles and "i have a busted windshield" club too!! Safelite to the rescue. Glad I have USAA and 0 deductible glass coverage, dealer said it was ~500 for the acoustic glass + install...

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Joined the less than 2000 miles and "i have a busted windshield" club too!! Safelite to the rescue. Glad I have USAA and 0 deductible glass coverage, dealer said it was ~500 for the acoustic glass + install...
Is that an extra coverage option? If so I'm going to have to look into that...

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Is that an extra coverage option? If so I'm going to have to look into that...
I believe I added it a few years back when i lived in AZ. Cracked windshields there are as common as dust storms. I would call and verify if you have USAA; they have been amazing!

Sponsored

Appgirl96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 JLU
You may have seen my post under tracking, but I picked up my JLU Sahara and drove 3 miles down the road and got a huge rock from a semi and cracked it.

Safelite had to order the OEM glass from the local Jeep Dealer - appointment for install is next Thursday.

DSC00982.JPG
I’m sure that made you even more sick that I was! At least I had mine a month! I have an appt next week, Hopefully Safelite will have mine in by then.

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm picking up my JLUR next week and was talking to my detail guy about new car prep and paint protection and he mentions a product he wants to try out : Clearplex. Apparently it's a external film that protects the glass. Since Jeep's tend to take hits left and right it may be worth looking into.

https://clearplex.com/product/

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
Had a camaro Throw up a small pebble this morning and put a little star crack on my windshield. Was going about 70. 457 Miles and That was way too easy. I wonder if a good deflector would help. This is going to be an issue... I have a feeling. I have 0 deduct, so there’s a plus

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
cracked windshield: frustrating...a little levity:

I've got Safelite on speed dial.

"Hello Safelite, how may I help you, .....hey, see you on caller ID, you didn't crack another windshield today Russ did you?"

Sponsored