Sponsored

Under the hood?

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
What do folks do about their engines and engine compartments? Does anyone here clean in there and if so what’s your technique?
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
What do folks do about their engines and engine compartments? Does anyone here clean in there and if so what’s your technique?
Nothing other than a quick pressure wash and wipe-down. I avoid the fuse box and battery area, and have had no issues (This is Jeep #5 for me).

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No, nothing but soap (foam) and water. I try to keep harsher chemicals away from hoses, electronics, etc... unless absolutely necessary.

Detailing the engine bay regularly prevents significant buildup. I've used degreaser products in the past, but typically only for detail jobs on engines that haven't been cleaned in a long while.

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
No, nothing but soap (foam) and water. I try to keep harsher chemicals away from hoses, electronics, etc... unless absolutely necessary.

Detailing the engine bay regularly prevents significant buildup. I've used degreaser products in the past, but typically only for detail jobs on engines that haven't been cleaned in a long while.
Thank you!
Sponsored