Vehicle(s)
Sahara

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
There probably wasnt much internet 16 years ago, but you shouldve checked craigslist. All my friends use craigslist for their divorces and get them for half of what you paid. Better yet, you shouldve done it all yourself. I watched a youtube video on how to do it, and that was free. Man, you got ripped!
:like:
They say the reason divorce is so expensive is because it’s worth it.

I’m in the “cheaper to keep her” category. Married for 20+ to a sweetie/hottie, who doesn’t bat an eye on a shop full of toys, and puts up with my BS. And I had a TJ when we first met, so she’s Jeep friendly. A gal like that gets whatever she wants.

Happy wife, happy life.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
There is a trend among forum users, that whenever anyone mentions what they paid for a jeep, repair, part, gas, coffee on the way to work, etc etc, there is ALWAYS somebody who comments how they got ripped off and couldve got it/ done it for less.

So lets start posting some $$$ so we can hear how much we got ripped off!
Anyone who buys Tommy John underwear is getting ripped . You can buy a 7 pak of Hanes for $10

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Anyone who buys Tommy John underwear is getting ripped . You can buy a 7 pak of Hanes for $10
Or those Untuckit shirts lol

Sponsored

JROOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
There is a trend among forum users, that whenever anyone mentions what they paid for a jeep, repair, part, gas, coffee on the way to work, etc etc, there is ALWAYS somebody who comments how they got ripped off and couldve got it/ done it for less.

So lets start posting some $$$ so we can hear how much we got ripped off!
I like to think there is ego here and half truths. What you paid is your business and not any one else. This is the way. I have spoken.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I was raised not to talk about what you paid for things. If you get a good deal, either people get jealous or call you a liar. If you overpaid, they brow beat you about that. Seems that the world has changed a lot. People never used to talk about who they voted for either!

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Ill start. I bought a base 2019 Rubicon JLU with only the hard top and auto as options and paid $42k before taxes, title, doc. And the dealer added tint was $400! Yep. $400 to tint 4 windows, cause correct me if I'm wrong, arent the hard tops tinted from the factory?

I believe the tint comes as a package . The dealer called their own tinting experts and they did good job. I asked for very dark "limo style" tint on the hard to but I guess it was too difficult to do, so they gave me just regular dark tint. It's OK , I never complained . There are bigger fish to fry in my life.

OP
OP
Upnarms

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
I like to think there is ego here and half truths. What you paid is your business and not any one else. This is the way. I have spoken.
This all kind of stemmed from another thread where somebody mentioned how much their rubi cost compared so some of the "special edition" Wrangler . Somebody else insinuated they were hosed and it went south from there. I see it in so many threads in many forums, i was poking fun at the matter.

I do appreciate hearing what is being paid for jeeps and services, though cause i think it helps others gauge what is reasonable.

These days, we go to sites like edmunds, truecar, and others that claim to tell you what others paid, but there is a lot if dealer meddling going on there.

Sponsored

LaneSprings

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S (JL)
Occupation
Auto Insurance Agent
Bought my 18 Sport S with 9200 miles on it for $24k with a 7 year/ 100k mile number to bumper warranty. They also threw in 12 oil changes and tire rotation for any car I own for 5 years. :like:

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I always hunt down the best deals, as it is a fun challenge for me.

Two recent times I feel ripped off:

1. Smittybilt side armor. Hunted down the best deal I could find anywhere. Lower price than most sites and 15% off. The day that I received shipping information, Northridge sends out a 20% off Smittybilt discount... there was only like a $15 dollar difference but still felt scammed lol.

2. I forgot to order RK spring perches with my Northridge orders. Ended up having to pay shipping because they were under the free shipping amount. I didn't need anything else because I already placed two big orders a few days before...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
In my opinion if a purchase makes you happy it's hard to say you paid too much or got ripped off. There is more to life than money and many times a better price includes unrealized benefits(not always). I personally would never pay above MSRP out of principle but it's a shame a dealer lied about a paint color like another posted. I have no problem with dealers that will only sell at MSRP it's their business but demanding more than MSRP is wrong.

I only felt ripped off once in my life time. It's embarrassing to acknowledge and reminds me that dealers overall aren't too bad. When I was 17 I was looking at my first car to buy. I decided against my better judgement to look at a Ford Escape rather than an older Grand Cherokee I already knew I liked. Price was around KBB value at the time. Took a look at it, liked it and bought it after a quick walk through. When we got home we realized 3 of the 4 tires on were completely different from each other and there was an antifreeze leak on top of another minor issue. The guy was a scumbag and lied blatantly but ultimately I got screwed because I didn't do my due diligence it was my own fault. Lesson learned. Nothing like that will ever happen again.