You paid what??? You got ripped!!!

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
There is a trend among forum users, that whenever anyone mentions what they paid for a jeep, repair, part, gas, coffee on the way to work, etc etc, there is ALWAYS somebody who comments how they got ripped off and couldve got it/ done it for less.

So lets start posting some $$$ so we can hear how much we got ripped off!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Upnarms

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Ill start. I bought a base 2019 Rubicon JLU with only the hard top and auto as options and paid $42k before taxes, title, doc. And the dealer added tint was $400! Yep. $400 to tint 4 windows, cause correct me if I'm wrong, arent the hard tops tinted from the factory?

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I paid around 90k, to get a divorce from my ex-wife. But, i don't feel too bad, she spent over 400k. Plus, I've been happily remarried, over 16 years, and she is still miserably single.
Top that guys.

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
Bought my 2018 JLU Sahara, used, with 8,800 miles on it, for 37k.

I paid 2k for 5 - 18” Fuel Vapor wheels and a set of Cooper tires. That’s the most I have spent at one time....so far.

Went to a local car audio store to see about upgrading my sound system. Replacing all speakers, adding a sub, an amp, and an adaptor to make it all work (all JL audio brand), with labor was going to be 3k. I decided that the stereo didn’t really sound that bad after all!

OP
OP
Upnarms

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
I paid around 90k, to get a divorce from my ex-wife. But, i don't feel too bad, she spent over 400k. Plus, I've been happily remarried, over 16 years, and she is still miserably single.
Top that guys.
There probably wasnt much internet 16 years ago, but you shouldve checked craigslist. All my friends use craigslist for their divorces and get them for half of what you paid. Better yet, you shouldve done it all yourself. I watched a youtube video on how to do it, and that was free. Man, you got ripped!
:like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Upnarms

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Bought my 2018 JLU Sahara, used, with 8,800 miles on it, for 37k.

I paid 2k for 5 - 18” Fuel Vapor wheels and a set of Cooper tires. That’s the most I have spent at one time....so far.

Went to a local car audio store to see about upgrading my sound system. Replacing all speakers, adding a sub, an amp, and an adaptor to make it all work (all JL audio brand), with labor was going to be 3k. I decided that the stereo didn’t really sound that bad after all!
OfferUp, my friend! You couldve had those wheels AND the stereo for $800. Sure, they're stolen, but what a deal!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Upnarms

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
I paid a 2k “market adjustment” over MSRP in 2019 on a white JL sport 2018 because the dealer told me they weren’t making bright white anymore.
Lol! You know there will be a lot of Gladiator owners posting on a similar thread in a couple years. "I paid MSRP +____...in 2019"

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Bought a 2.0 T 18 Sport with A/C Premium soft top as my only options and 8 miles on the dash. 29.5k Flat 4% interest. Spent 3K on aftermarket widgets so far. Reasonable amount for 22k trouble free miles since Early April 2019.