JayKrup

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
This thread just convinces me that going to 35's with a manual transmission is a bad idea. Maybe if it's just an around town vehicle, but definitely not for long trips.
Anyone with MT Sport or Sahara getting good results with 35's and no re-gear?
I have 35s on a Sahara and I don’t have any issues. Getting 16.8 mpg. I will be re gearing when I go to 37s though.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I have sport on 35s with stock gearing. Its fine on the street, besides poor mpg. But on the trail i have struggled to climb over some obstacles. It takes more gas. I have to play with it in manual mode next time though. That may help.

WildCatguy

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport
After you re-gear do you need to do anything to the computer?

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Go light with the tires, XL load rating. Stick with 33s and be happy you did!

Sponsored

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

I have a Sport S with 35" tires, MT. I just regeared to 4.56. Night and day difference. Much better power all around.
Before the regear, I had no power to speak of below 2K RPM.

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2D Manual
This thread just convinces me that going to 35's with a manual transmission is a bad idea. Maybe if it's just an around town vehicle, but definitely not for long trips.
Anyone with MT Sport or Sahara getting good results with 35's and no re-gear?
I have a sport M/T trac loc anti spin rear differential with lift kit, 35', rock sliders, after market bumper which make the jeep heavier. Went offroading and couldn't get up to steep hills without momentum. 6th gear is pretty much useless, unless I go downhill with the wind in my back.
I am regearing to 4.56 with ARB lockers.

Cracker_Box

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I have a Sport S with 35" tires, MT. I just regeared to 4.56. Night and day difference. Much better power all around.
Before the regear, I had no power to speak of below 2K RPM.
I have a sport M/T trac loc anti spin rear differential with lift kit, 35', rock sliders, after market bumper which make the jeep heavier. Went offroading and couldn't get up to steep hills without momentum. 6th gear is pretty much useless, unless I go downhill with the wind in my back.
I am regearing to 4.56 with ARB lockers.
Hey guys same here with a 2dr. 3.6 Manual trans. And LSD.

Please help me out, what gear sets did you guys go with. And what all extras did you get with them (bearings and shim kits?)

Loving the look and feel of mine around town but it's unbearable on the hwy. And I'll never make this 20 hour trip back to Moab like this. :/

20191209_174652.jpg

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Please help me out, what gear sets did you guys go with. And what all extras did you get with them (bearings and shim kits?)

Loving the look and feel of mine around town but it's unbearable on the hwy. And I'll never make this 20 hour trip back to Moab like this. :/

20191209_174652.jpg
My local shop, Mule Outfitters in Issaqauh, WA installed a Nitro Gear package on mine. The product name was https://www.nitro-gear.com/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Nitro-Gear-Package-p/gpjl-select-m220.htm

My application is forest service roads and daily driving. I don't plan to do any rock crawling or extreme stuff. Possibly the WABDR is the extent of it.

Sponsored

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My local shop, Mule Outfitters in Issaqauh, WA installed a Nitro Gear package on mine. The product name was https://www.nitro-gear.com/Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Nitro-Gear-Package-p/gpjl-select-m220.htm

My application is forest service roads and daily driving. I don't plan to do any rock crawling or extreme stuff. Possibly the WABDR is the extent of it.
Same here. I dont have interest in rock crawling. I enjoy hiking and some trail heads need to be access going through a forest service road.

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

20191209_174652.jpg
I can't answer what kind of bearing and/or shim kits were installed if any, as I didn't ask.

JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I’m regearing to 4.56’s in a month or so. I have 33”s now but plan on 35s next (maybe January at the rate I drive the JL). I’ll be happy to post my results once I’ve done it.
How did the regear go? Do we need it for 33's on sport stock 8 speed auto?

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How did the regear go? Do we need it for 33's on sport stock 8 speed auto?
i have the 6 speed manual, so I can’t comment on the 8speed.
That said it was the best mod I did by far. I had 4.56s and 33” tires for about a year and it was awesome. I now have 35” tires and it’s still great, but if I had it to do over I’d go 4.88s.

Mr. Crawly

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler 2 door sport
I went with 4.88 with my mt sport, anything taller would be useless for me & where I live.
Sponsored