Sponsored

Upgrading from the 5" UConnect3 to 7" UConnect4?

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Medical Student
The JL tazer has a menu option to support the change - forget what it is specifically, but is intuitive.
The cabin sensor was super easy, if your harness already supports it - look for it before you buy the sensor (~40$)
Ok got it, so I just installed my 7 inch and took of the knee panel to check for the harness for the cabin temperature sensor. Is this it right here? So I just plug it into this, mount it, and I'm good to go?

C17D9622-5C5E-4FB5-A85D-2CD5F5B9CED0.jpeg
Sponsored

Jgroux

First Name
J C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Ok got it, so I just installed my 7 inch and took of the knee panel to check for the harness for the cabin temperature sensor. Is this it right here? So I just plug it into this, mount it, and I'm good to go?

C17D9622-5C5E-4FB5-A85D-2CD5F5B9CED0.jpeg
That’s it - next to center stack, right if steering wheel - post 754 has picture of where sensor is mounted from danny01 and 746 has picture of connector

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Sorry to reopen this thread but looking to upgrade my 5" to 7" and want to order the part on a mopar wholesale website. Can anyone shed some insight on all the different part #'s? So far I've found 8 different part #'s relating to the 2020 Wrangler for the 7" as follows:

68428557AC

68428561AD
68428546AD
68428555AD
68428547AD
68428556AD

68428560AD
68428549AD

I am assuming any one of these would work. My best guess is a different production date for each of them, and possible some have sirius XM capability and some dont? Any help would be appreciated.

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
Sorry to reopen this thread but looking to upgrade my 5" to 7" and want to order the part on a mopar wholesale website. Can anyone shed some insight on all the different part #'s? So far I've found 8 different part #'s relating to the 2020 Wrangler for the 7" as follows:

68428557AC

68428561AD
68428546AD
68428555AD
68428547AD
68428556AD

68428560AD
68428549AD

I am assuming any one of these would work. My best guess is a different production date for each of them, and possible some have sirius XM capability and some dont? Any help would be appreciated.
No problem at all. So I just did this last week. If

68428557AC

68428561AD
68428546AD
68428555AD
68428547AD
68428556AD

68428560AD
68428549AD

No problem at all. So the most comprehensive way to do this is to buy the radio, the bezel, HVAC stack, and in cabin temperature sensor. When you install the 7” radio you lose your volume knob. Thats why you need a new HVAC stack. The radio is plug and play but the HVAC stack is not. Once you have these installed you need to flash with a jl tazer so the new HVAC system works. The cabin temp sensor is so you gain the function of automatic climate control. My advice would be to get a used 7 inch radio off here or ebay. I paid $400 for mine used. Also replacing all of this only takes about 15 minutes for everything. Like I said though you can just replace the radio but why not replace everything and have a fulling functional unit. Total price for me to do this was $600. If you have any more questions let me know, also I think you are right about the part number it seems there are a ton of different ones.

Without Sat Radio: 68297545ae
With Sat Radio: 68297546ae
Bezel:6AB53TX7AA
HVAC Stack:6be28dx9ac
In cabin temperature sensor:55111178AC

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student

No problem at all. So the most comprehensive way to do this is to buy the radio, the bezel, HVAC stack, and in cabin temperature sensor. When you install the 7” radio you lose your volume knob. Thats why you need a new HVAC stack. The radio is plug and play but the HVAC stack is not. Once you have these installed you need to flash with a jl tazer so the new HVAC system works. The cabin temp sensor is so you gain the function of automatic climate control. My advice would be to get a used 7 inch radio off here or ebay. I paid $400 for mine used. Also replacing all of this only takes about 15 minutes for everything. Like I said though you can just replace the radio but why not replace everything and have a fulling functional unit. Total price for me to do this was $600. If you have any more questions let me know, also I think you are right about the part number it seems there are a ton of different ones.

Please double check the numbers for the radio, I believe they are correct but not absolutely positive.

Sponsored

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please double check the numbers for the radio, I believe they are correct but not absolutely positive.
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure those part #'s provided are outdated. Those are the part #'s suggested at the time of this thread post, which was in 2018. I now have a 2020 and while searching on any mopar wholewale website for the radio, I can filter it down to a 2020 Wrangler, and the #'s you provided are not listed.

Also, I am deciding to do the install without the HVAC stack. For now, I will just use the volume controls on my steering wheel. I find this easier than going through the hassle of reprogramming the car.

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure those part #'s provided are outdated. Those are the part #'s suggested at the time of this thread post, which was in 2018. I now have a 2020 and while searching on any mopar wholewale website for the radio, I can filter it down to a 2020 Wrangler, and the #'s you provided are not listed.

Also, I am deciding to do the install without the HVAC stack. For now, I will just use the volume controls on my steering wheel. I find this easier than going through the hassle of reprogramming the car.
I don’t think it really matters what year the jeep was the radio is in or what year it is intended for. Mine came out of a 2020 and I have a 2019. As far as the bezel it will work for any year JL. The bezels are all the same.

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t think it really matters what year the jeep was the radio is in or what year it is intended for. Mine came out of a 2020 and I have a 2019. As far as the bezel it will work for any year JL. The bezels are all the same.
That's what I was thinking. They all seem rather plug and play. I'm just sure some bugs were worked out of the older models. Probably all firmware stuff. Can anyone confirm if some of the 7" radios without the Sirius XM have or don't have the input for the XM antenna in the back of the radio?

Seansarobot

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
I’ve read through this thread as I upgraded to the 8.4 from a 5 in a 20 JLUS ‘s”. I did the HVAC multiswitch upgrade as well and flashed with an OBD GENIE. Ordered the in cabin temp sensor but haven’t installed. I too have a crazy HVAC problem (found around page 20 of the thread) - it’s either full heat or full AC. Doesn’t matter what the temp is on. I’m hoping the temp sensor and ‘auto’ will help. A year ago when ULS owners upgraded the center stack folks were talking about upgrading the HVAC unit as well as the multiswitch on the console. Do we need to do that for the ‘20 model? Any TazerJL folks that upgraded like this find problems? Wondering if the HVAC issue is HW or SW....

---Update: Spoke to infotainment and they gave me the same response as others have been given on this thread. Pretty disappointing. If I wanted to deal with this level of crap I would have just bought the HVAC multiswitch through Mopar and flashed it myself. I (incorrectly) thought I was pressing the easy button here. Ugh!

Last edited:

Prmac71

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Has anybody had any luck ordering from one of the many Mopar sites for aN upgrade to a 7 inch screen lately. I know people had luck about 7 months ago. Or is infotainment or purchasing from private party the only option right now thanks in advance

Sponsored

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine works almost very well but I pirchased my HVAC from mopar, installed the sensor, and flashed with jl tazer. Everything works as it should and it. Are you able to return the infotainment stuff. It’s definitely not working as it should for you especially for the amount if money you spent which I am is guessing is about $1500
How does the flash work? Can someone explain the steps needed to flash with the JL tazer?

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
How does the flash work? Can someone explain the steps needed to flash with the JL tazer?
Its very easy, make sure you get the JL mini though. You just plug it in under the steering wheel its very easy to get to. You then have a menu you can access on your dash to change the tire size and turn certain things on and off. For the radio upgrade you just have to turn on dual zone and the radio and HVAC will work. If you decide to go this route let me know and I can guide you through it.

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine works almost very well but I pirchased my HVAC from mopar, installed the sensor, and flashed with jl tazer. Everything works as it should and it. Are you able to return the infotainment stuff. It’s definitely not working as it should for you especially for the amount if money you spent which I am is guessing is about $1500
So once flashed and everything seems to be working fine, you can unplug the tazer mini and resell it? I'm looking to possibly do it if it's easy enough and won't be too expensive.

Du0377

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical Student
So once flashed and everything seems to be working fine, you can unplug the tazer mini and resell it? I'm looking to possibly do it if it's easy enough and won't be too expensive.
No because it is married to your jeep so in order for someone else to use it you would have to unmarry it from your jeep which would reset the stock settings on your jeep. Thats the way they keep multiple people from using one tazer.

znakos

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No because it is married to your jeep so in order for someone else to use it you would have to unmarry it from your jeep which would reset the stock settings on your jeep. Thats the way they keep multiple people from using one tazer.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'd bet that anyone doing this upgrade has any issues at all with hvac, no dealer would do any warranty work. Another issue in my opinion with this upgrade.
Sponsored