JLUR Factory Rake and Teraflex Spacers

KevinLC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Always afraid to start a new thread...but I CANNOT get clarification on this. My stock JLUR with 315s appears to have a very slight rear sag. I have looked at dozens of pics, and JLURs appear to me to be perfectly level or a bit of sag. Here lies the rub: I have a Teraflex 1.5 kit sitting at my house that I plan to install today. This kit has a 2" front spacer and 1.5 rear to "level the factory rake of the JL." I am seriously questioning their judgment and am afraid I am about to add more sag.

Because of the above dilemma and because of this forum, I ordered a Teraflex 2-door kit with includes a 1-inch front spacer and 1.5 rear "to correct the factory rear sag of the 2-door JL. I also ordered a .5 levelling kit that can be added front or rear as I see fit. This plethora of spacers is waiting at home.

My plan was to either do 1.5 all around, or do 1.5 front and 2 rear using a combination of spacers. Does anyone have any experience with this or guidance before I install a complete kit...hate it...and then install a completely different one? I am doing this myself in my garage, so it isn't exactly easy to just throw another spacer in or take on out if I don't like the setup.

Do JLURs sag?!?!

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Always afraid to start a new thread...but I CANNOT get clarification on this. My stock JLUR with 315s appears to have a very slight rear sag. I have looked at dozens of pics, and JLURs appear to me to be perfectly level or a bit of sag. Here lies the rub: I have a Teraflex 1.5 kit sitting at my house that I plan to install today. This kit has a 2" front spacer and 1.5 rear to "level the factory rake of the JL." I am seriously questioning their judgment and am afraid I am about to add more sag.

Because of the above dilemma and because of this forum, I ordered a Teraflex 2-door kit with includes a 1-inch front spacer and 1.5 rear "to correct the factory rear sag of the 2-door JL. I also ordered a .5 levelling kit that can be added front or rear as I see fit. This plethora of spacers is waiting at home.

My plan was to either do 1.5 all around, or do 1.5 front and 2 rear using a combination of spacers. Does anyone have any experience with this or guidance before I install a complete kit...hate it...and then install a completely different one? I am doing this myself in my garage, so it isn't exactly easy to just throw another spacer in or take on out if I don't like the setup.

Do JLURs sag?!?!

Thanks in advance...
I didn’t notice any sag on my Jeep. I utilized a 1/2 inch spacer in the front when I installed my lift, to compensate for the winch and bumper. Do you have any heavy gear or equipment that may be causing the sag?

OP
OP
KevinLC

KevinLC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I didn’t notice any sag on my Jeep. I utilized a 1/2 inch spacer in the front when I installed my lift, to compensate for the winch and bumper. Do you have any heavy gear or equipment that may be causing the sag?
Nothing. I have hardtop (assume that's a bit heavier) and a 315 spare mounted on the back...but that's it.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I don’t think the tire is heavy enough to weigh the back down, but I’ve been wrong before. Hopefully the lift your planning to install will help with this issue.

mysto

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2 door JL Rubicon
The rear fender isn't as high as the front, which makes it LOOK like it's sagging. I created a level parking spot using boards and a laser level, then checked the level of the rails / running boards, and it's dead straight there is no rake. JLR stock. Clearance of the fenders is different if you measure that.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

Do JLURs sag?!?!

Thanks in advance...
My 2020 JLUR passenger rear side is about 1/2 in lower than the drivers side. The front is a bit lower than the rear with all of skids, bumper and winch etc.

It has had the lean on the passenger side rear since I bought it. My 2019 did not do the same thing. I am sure it's from the gas tank, sometimes it really bothers me, others I don't care. I plan to do a small lift anyways so I never worried about it too much.

OP
OP
KevinLC

KevinLC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The rear fender isn't as high as the front, which makes it LOOK like it's sagging. I created a level parking spot using boards and a laser level, then checked the level of the rails / running boards, and it's dead straight there is no rake. JLR stock. Clearance of the fenders is different if you measure that.
After hours of staring at my Jeep today, and using two floor jacks to simulate my lift options...I think you are exactly right. The JLUR is perfectly level, and the appearance of sag is related to the fenders. I'm going to install 1.5 all the way around tomorrow instead of the Teraflex-recommended 2 in front, 1.5 rear. Pics to follow.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Pics would help.
I was in the opposite camp. Stock JLUR with soft top. To my eye, the rear always looked higher than the front. Using a level on the rock rails confirmed a definite forward rake. Installed 3/4" spacers up front and much happier with the stance now.
For me, it's not about the wheel wells looking equal but the relationship of the rail to the ground.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinLC

KevinLC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Pics would help.
I was in the opposite camp. Stock JLUR with soft top. To my eye, the rear always looked higher than the front. Using a level on the rock rails confirmed a definite forward rake. Installed 3/4" spacer up front and much happier with the stance now. \
For me, it's not about the wheel wells looking equal but the relation ship of the rail to the ground.
I'm going to try that today...level on the rock rail. I have about decided on 1.5 all around after spending hours yesterday with two floor jacks adding and removing lift and analyzing the rake. Something will be installed tonight.

Wch_chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2020 JT LE

Do JLURs sag?!?!

Thanks in advance...
Here is the same lift kit on the same size tires. Hope this helps.

2020-01-09.jpg

EDIT. My driveway is not level and slants to the front of the vehicle in this picture.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KevinLC

KevinLC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here is the same lift kit on the same size tires. Hope this helps.

2020-01-09.jpg

EDIT. My driveway is not level and slants to the front of the vehicle in this picture.
That does help...and to be clear, when you say "slants to the front" you mean the front is downhill from the back, correct? Otherwise, it looks like a fairly significant rake. *Edit: That is my favorite JL color...hands down.

Wch_chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2020 JT LE
That does help...and to be clear, when you say "slants to the front" you mean the front is downhill from the back, correct? Otherwise, it looks like a fairly significant rake. *Edit: That is my favorite JL color...hands down.
The front is downhill from the back.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Pics would help.
I was in the opposite camp. Stock JLUR with soft top. To my eye, the rear always looked higher than the front. Using a level on the rock rails confirmed a definite forward rake. Installed 3/4" spacers up front and much happier with the stance now.
For me, it's not about the wheel wells looking equal but the relationship of the rail to the ground.
Exactly the way mine is. JLUR, soft top, steel bumpers and winch. Mine is ~3/4 lower in front measured off the rails.
20200110_104946.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
KevinLC

KevinLC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Exactly the way mine is. JLUR, soft top, steel bumpers and winch. Mine is ~3/4 lower in front measured off the rails.
With the top off...my rake is pronounced, and I like it. Top on...questionable. These aren't the best pics for the analysis, but they're what I have.
20190605_134643.jpg
20190603_130430.jpg