First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Noticed today that the North Edition is on the "Build Your Wrangler" choices. Appears to be available with the 2.0 powertrain only. This edition and the Rubicon Recon are 2.0 powered. The Sky One Touch is just a $1900 option.
Sponsored

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
Saw one in the wild earlier this week. Looks like a nice fully loaded Sahara.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
My Sahara is the North edition. It's basically just all the cold weather stuff put into one package to save you money (we saved almost $2k!). Mine was missing the badge, so the dealer ordered one for me.

IMG_3481.JPG

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
My Sahara is the North edition. It's basically just all the cold weather stuff put into one package to save you money (we saved almost $2k!). Mine was missing the badge, so the dealer ordered one for me.

IMG_3481.JPG
Did you ever get your badge?

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
Did you ever get your badge?
No, but I was told it's waiting for me. My dealership is about 90 minutes away and we had some other small stuff on order so we left the soft top there and told them we would come back for it all when everything arrived. The last I heard it was scheduled to be delivered this past Tuesday (so it should be there now).

But where do I put it? On the rear gate (where Jeep would have put it) or on the side by the "Jeep" badge (where I feel like it would look better)??

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It does look like a great package! Many of the must-have options are already included --i.e., hardtop, 8.4" screen, Cold Weather group, automatic transmission.

Too bad neither Selec-Trac, LSD nor the V6 are available.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
No, but I was told it's waiting for me. My dealership is about 90 minutes away and we had some other small stuff on order so we left the soft top there and told them we would come back for it all when everything arrived. The last I heard it was scheduled to be delivered this past Tuesday (so it should be there now).

But where do I put it? On the rear gate (where Jeep would have put it) or on the side by the "Jeep" badge (where I feel like it would look better)??
I guess it will depend how many you get. If you get two, you can put them on each side; if you get one...it goes on the tailgate.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
It does look like a great package! Many of the must-have options are already included --i.e., hardtop, 8.4" screen, Cold Weather group, automatic transmission.

Too bad neither Selec-Trac, LSD nor the V6 are available.
? Selec trac is included... I thought for sure the LSD was as well, but I only see the anti-spin. That's not the same thing? (LSD is something I'm not too familiar with.)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
? Selec trac is included... I thought for sure the LSD was as well, but I only see the anti-spin. That's not the same thing? (LSD is something I'm not too familiar with.)
Not in the US. Neither Selec-Trac nor LSD even appear as available options under "Sahara North". Seems like a big omission for what is supposed to be a winter package.

Yes, they are the same thing. On regular Sahara, LSD is standard with Selec-Trac, and a stand-alone option with Command-Trac.

OP
OP
CJ SCION

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Selec-Trac is included in the package. The package is worth well over the listed package price, if added as individual options to another model. Below snips from a window sticker:

North02.JPG
North03.JPG

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Selec-Trac is included in the package. The package is worth well over the listed package price, if added as individual options to another model. Below snips from a window sticker:

North02.JPG
North03.JPG
Interesting. Selec-Trac is not even mentioned on the US Build and Price. It only lists one engine, one transmission, one gearing. That is it.
nc_oc=AQnC0M1XdjD1PSWjyR9BkVm3nBloxQ-WaLNQL2WVyPktUUCoKePLMOL4TQP1vxxUuQ0&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.jpg

That makes a big difference.

Thank you for sharing.

TrailJoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS, HellaYella
NICE! I should note that we were surprised by the package when we drove to the dealer to place the order. We had discussed it several times over the phone, but the North package had just been released (literally that morning), so that may be why I didn't get a badge. I definitely did get the North package though as it was included in my build sheet and came with the trail rated kit (that I didn't want anyway). Nothing else was missing. :)

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica

The one I saw was at a light stopped in front of me, and I first noticed it because of the badge on the tailgate . It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at as I had not seen one before.

That all said, if it was me and I was putting it on myself, I would put it on the front driver side by the Jeep badge.