Sponsored

Anyone use Beamtech H13, 10k lumen hi/lo 9008 bulb in Halogen housing

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JEEP WRANGLER RUBUCON
Flipped them around last night. I guess I had both in backwards. Figures with how my luck goes haha. I've never paid much attention to my DRL's before though. They seem to be on all the time except for when the headlights turn on. Is that normal?
DRL should be on all the time I think. Yours are not on when the headlight are on?
Sponsored

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Found this from another forum member post:

"Auto position (in the dark): DRL, headlights and halos all on

Headlight on position: all three on

Parking lights only on: halos and DRL’s on

Lights off: only DRL no halo

Unlock: headlights only come on

Remote start: DRL and halo only "

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Initial impressions - Beamtech H13 10k lumen HL bulbs and the Alla canbus 2504 fogs bulbs, both in halogen housings - install was easy, super pleased with the improvement both in appearance and ability to see at night, the headlights are ever so slightly bluer than the fogs, felt like the HL's were too high but only got flashed once, adjusted both down 2 full turns and much better, may go back up half a turn. Need to get the fogs to stay on with the high beams.

hows that for a run on sentence but at least i used commas....lol

Sponsored

fightingmajor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited Punk'n Orange
Did you ever find a fix for this issue?
Nope. Called them and they said to pull them back out and apparently the prongs on them are supper sensitive. I recently picked up a pair of OEM LED DRL?Turn Signals that I'll be putting in anyway. Kinda tired of dealing with it.

Pruitts

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sahara JL
I just installed the same bulbs. I had to reverse them due to polarity. I have DRL's with the lights in the auto position. However when the headlights come on, the DRL's go off. I called Oracle and asked them about it. They stated they had a note on the product stating that is how they are intended to function. I noted that with my stock bulbs, I have DRL's on even with the headlights. They said given the 'newness' of the vehicle, this is the best they can offer at this point.

Has anyone tried any other LED bulbs for DRL's and had a better result?

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just did the passive cooling, 8K lumen version. Pretty easy and everything buttons back up just like stock. Removed the air box vs the grill due to my winch. Difference is really noticeable! Thank you for this thread. Now I just need to wait a month or two for AK to get dark.

B744EBB8-5D3E-452C-BAA9-8F0BE71E4A18.jpeg

JLJedi

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited
Installed my Beamtech bulbs, and wanted to provide some real feed back.

Cut off is sharp line, bulbs were ordered off Amazon, I went with the 10k lumen H13. TO install I removed the grill, was not a problem and easy to do, I then removed the headlights, dust cover and replaced bulbs and reattached everything including removing the passenger headlight a second time and putting the dust cover back on all in under 45 min. Any one could do this without a problem.

Secondly I had to wait a couple of nights and couldn't wait to finally try it out. Took it out for a side by side comparison with my wife JLUR next to mine and the difference was impressive. Took her for a test drive to show off how well they worked and blinded every driver for a half mile, came back home and adjusted the headlights and after several test drives with her original bulbs and jeep and mine comparing the same cut off against a garage got my bulbs adjusted and was able to drive around and not get flashed at all.

My synopsis is once adjusted properly is the following

Much whiter and brighter light, on low beams I think they are definitely brighter and can see as well with a nice cut off that does not seem to blind on coming drivers.

High beam, no comparison to the original halogen bulb and can really light up the road and see animals well in advance or other hazards.

Installation is a snap, and easy to do, Adjusting the headlight is easy to do but if not done can seriously blind oncoming drivers. I have found a cut off of just over 36 inches seems to be the correct height, this is also with a side by side comparison with my wife stock halogen bulbs.

Cost of 40$ is cheap and I more than feel I have gotten my moneys worth, Durability to soon to tell.

Complications, none, direct plug and play, no flicker or radio interference. The LED bulbs do run cooler and the lens cover does not warm up as it does with my wife halogen so winter driving may be more complicated with snow build.

Would recommend them at present time for anyone like me who has standard halogen bulbs and not wanting to drop 500 plus for LED headlight. I will update this review with any issues that I have, if I have time will try to post some photos and maybe video of the difference. I am blessed to have comparison jeeps parked next to each other.

Sorry for the wordy review but hope it helps.

later
thanks for this review. Very informative.

could you help me explain the cutoff and adjustment? I’m not sure I follow. I may be having the same problem as you previously had - getting flashed by drivers. Afraid mine is too bright and blinding people.

Sponsored

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
there are plastic screws above each headlight under the hood that adjust the lights up and down, I googled headlight adjustment in JLUR, you can turn these left or right to adjust your beams down. I cant remember which direction adjust up or down but it you line your headlight up on a wall or garage door at night with your low beams on you can see the adjustment. I would slowly adjust them down and then try them out. If memory serves me you should have about a 3 ft cut off at 25 ft but my numbers may be off. I have found that if I load the back of my jeep with passengers or gear then I get flashed more often. I actually will be adjusting mine a little here soon because of that. I still love my ability to see. Hope this helps.

JLJedi

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited
there are plastic screws above each headlight under the hood that adjust the lights up and down, I googled headlight adjustment in JLUR, you can turn these left or right to adjust your beams down. I cant remember which direction adjust up or down but it you line your headlight up on a wall or garage door at night with your low beams on you can see the adjustment. I would slowly adjust them down and then try them out. If memory serves me you should have about a 3 ft cut off at 25 ft but my numbers may be off. I have found that if I load the back of my jeep with passengers or gear then I get flashed more often. I actually will be adjusting mine a little here soon because of that. I still love my ability to see. Hope this helps.
Thank you! That makes a lot of sense now. I was able to get it done. Passed a bunch of cars and only got flashed once - not sure his reasons though. Overall much better. We’ll see how it goes. I really appreciate you taking the time. You’re definitely spot on.

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
How do these compare to the 9” halo lights? I was about to pull the trigger on the Kiwi Master lights that I have been reading about, but stumbled on this thread.

OP
OP

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
these bulbs are super bright, dont cost much, easy to install and have great cut off, they also make an 8000 lumen, i have 15 miles on my JLUR and have not been dissapointed, my wife has them on hers as well I know nothing of the 9 inch halos from Kiwi but if you are wanting better lighting for cheap price with a good cut off I recommend giving them a try

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
these bulbs are super bright, dont cost much, easy to install and have great cut off, they also make an 8000 lumen, i have 15 miles on my JLUR and have not been dissapointed, my wife has them on hers as well I know nothing of the 9 inch halos from Kiwi but if you are wanting better lighting for cheap price with a good cut off I recommend giving them a try
Thanks for the reply. I guess the main difference between them is the halo DRL, and of course the price.
Sponsored