First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
Correct......and keep in mind, the OP's steering has an electronically controlled pump...no pump, no pressure, no steering. Electrical problems are often intermittent, bad grounds, shorts, etc.....which could lead to the problem the OP just described.

Now, should FCA have used an electronic pump in the first place? IMO, not on a vehicle touted as being built for offroad use...and based on the teething problems, it would justify that assessment...for the time being. Hopefully, they get it all sorted b/c EPA regs were likely the driver for this particular change and those are unlikely to go away in the future.
But, on a similar thread here a couple weeks ago I ran mine up to 55 and shut it off. Steered just fine.

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
If the OP is on the up and up, the description of the vehicle issues do not fit the term lemon. And as others have stated, it could be just one issue with peripheral fallout. Best of luck in getting the problem diagnosed and repaired. In the OPs shoes, i would be a bit peeved also. Fingers crossed for ya @JJJ on a quick recovery.

Tim

Sponsored

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
Lemon Law varies in every State. Keep a detailed log of problems, dates and times of the event and who you talked too. How many days in the dealership for repair per event and overall. This detailed info is handy if you file for Lemon Law.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I traded in my 2014 JK and bought a new 2019 JL Sahara in December 2019. Only 3 weeks after the purchase, I saw a lot of issues with this brand new JL:
1. check engine light came on, with code U0074
2. battery warning light came on, showing low voltage
3. auto start/stop warning light came on, the vehicle could not start after it was auto off
4. most dangerous problem: the steering wheel lost power when I was exiting the highway. I had to turn the wheel very hard to exit the highway, and suddenly the steering power was back and I nearly had an accident. This steering problem happened nearly every one minute 2 days later on my way to the dealership for diagnostic.

And one thing I am not sure if it is normal or an issue: the ETC light came on after I started the vehicle, but it disappeared very quickly.

The vehicle is now in dealership for diagnostic. I filed a claim in Chrysler's customer service website, and they contacted me saying they are reviewing my case. I will update the post when I get response from dealership or Chrysler.
If you left it parked for three weeks and didn't drive it, your battery is probably low and causing all of your said issues.

:bandit:

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
It’s upsetting to have issues with a new vehicle but it’s not that uncommon. Contacting FCA and opening a case right away makes you look like an asshole to be honest. It wasn’t until I actually had a lemon suit on my hands did I contact Honda of America and ask them to step in to fix it, which they didn’t. I’ve worked with some really awesome dealerships and some really incredibly stupid service departments. It goes a long way towards getting your vehicle fixed to work with the dealership rather than run to the automaker, I wouldn’t want to piss off whomever was doing my warranty work.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

If you left it parked for three weeks and didn't drive it, your battery is probably low and causing all of your said issues.

:bandit:
it may not even take that long. these cars nowadays have so many electronics that are working 24/7 that the batteries die much faster.

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
it may not even take that long. these cars nowadays have so many electronics that are working 24/7 that the batteries die much faster.
I could be wrong, but I can't imagine a dealer going out to the lot and starting and moving their vehicles around every 10 days or so. :movember: Just starting out Jeeps doesn't recharge the batteries, correct?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
If it’s a simple fix why can’t FCA correct it before building the vehicle?
Because there's literally millions of parts at the factory and % wise some are bound to be defective. If it is battery issues which sounds like it is it likely has nothing to do with the factory anyways.

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
If it’s a simple fix why can’t FCA correct it before building the vehicle?
Battery’s are outsourced. Vehicles sit on the lot for sometimes a year before being sold. This is awful on batteries. Dealer jumps them off to sell it to you and then you have electrical problems in a few weeks when the battery isn’t charging properly or you have dead cells. Ofcourse batteries can be defective right out of their factory.

Lou Bunn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Ok, I research shit to death sometimes, but my eldest thought she wanted a Honda CRV - so I read up on some reviews and one of the complaints was about the battery failing! There was a lady that said the dealer told her the CRV had so many electronics gizmo's that if she didn't drive every day, it would start to drain the battery and not crank. That doesn't sound good!
Sponsored