Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
With the Diesel engine
I know, and it stinks it is only on the diesel. I want to pick up another manual wrangler this year and I was hoping they would offer the 3.73 as an option like they have done in the past.

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Here’s a couple nice ones in New Braunfels, TX
Cats, though very nice, those two links you posted are the normal 2-door Willys package not the Willys Sport package. Big difference in features and in price.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Cats, though very nice, those two links you posted are the normal 2-door Willys package not the Willys Sport package. Big difference in features and in price.
They are both based on the Sport. The one you posted is a 24K, the ones I posted are 24W. Maybe the 24W is Sport S?

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I would have totally bought one of these had they been available. They probably wont be discounted at all though, like my Sport was. When i was JL shopping they had some 18 jk Willys at the dealerships. They were holding at the msrp pricing. One sold while i was the dealership. I was looking at it and asked some questions and the salesman said they just sold it a few minutes ago. Only one they had. Theyre super popular here so i dont see them discounting them at all. Theyll just point you to a regular wrangler if you want a deal, which is understandable.

Sponsored

Jeep75th

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 75th Anniversary
I always liked the willys, glad they didn’t change it too much from the jk!

Bizarre though that they have the Sahara bumper on the base one and the base bumper on the higher willys

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
What are the differences in the specs between the heavy duty brakes and the regular ones?

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
When I got a quote from Criswell on a Willys build vs a Sport S build (both exactly how I would want them), the Willys came out maybe $2-3k more. I feel like the wheels/tires, brakes, and shocks are worth that. The cosmetics are just icing on the cake for me. I'm 99% set on getting an Ocean Blue Willys in a few months. Only thing I need to do is test drive it when I get home from this deployment so I can make sure I'm cool with how it rides with the mud tires. I'm excited!

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I got a quote from Criswell on a Willys build vs a Sport S build (both exactly how I would want them), the Willys came out maybe $2-3k more. I feel like the wheels/tires, brakes, and shocks are worth that. The cosmetics are just icing on the cake for me. I'm 99% set on getting an Ocean Blue Willys in a few months. Only thing I need to do is test drive it when I get home from this deployment so I can make sure I'm cool with how it rides with the mud tires. I'm excited!
I got a Sport, and am building it out with the same wheels/tires/suspension/rails (all takeoffs). That’s not including the brakes. It’s basically costing me the same as if the Willys Sport had been available, and not brand new stuff. I wish it would’ve been an option at the time.

Sponsored

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
If I bought a comparable JL Rubicon it would have cost about 12-15K more than my 2013 JK. Don't think inflation has risen that much in 6-7 years.
My CJ7 if purchase new in 1985 had a base cost around $7000. Corrected for inflation today that would be around $17,000. I think a new base JL is around $28,000? Unfortunately there has been a big price increase above and over inflation. Some lower cost economy vehicles have held the line with inflation. On the other hand some SUV prices have kind of jumped the shark.

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I got a Sport, and am building it out with the same wheels/tires/suspension/rails (all takeoffs). That’s not including the brakes. It’s basically costing me the same as if the Willys Sport had been available, and not brand new stuff. I wish it would’ve been an option at the time.
Rufus, you’re absolutely correct!

If someone orders a base sport, adds the limited slip diff and tint, the cost is nearly the cost of the Willys Sport package that already comes with the limited slip, the tint plus more Willys goodies for only about $600 additional.

Last edited:

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rufus, you’re absolutely correct!

If someone orders a base sport, adds the limited slip diff and tint, the cost is nearly the cost of the Willys Sport package that already comes with the limited slip, the tint plus more Willys goodies for only about $600 additional.
Right, I should’ve mentioned that my Sport came with LSD and tint.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone figured out yet the difference in specs between the Willys “heavy duty” brakes and the ones on the stock sport?
Sponsored