Sponsored

What mod are you MOST proud of?! Pics welcome!!

DanF

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Black Bear, 2020 JLU Sahara Ocean Blue (on order)

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
@OldJupiter what mirror move kit is this? Make / Model / Manufacturer?
Retrofitted these JK Mirrors:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_0220_07.htm
Added some cheap $20 armor from Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P8NWHYV/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_nrYdEbBHFWRRM
Added Rampage Light Mounts
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KRWGG3Q/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_-tYdEb4HW0KP0
And put some vinyl over the original mirror holes.

I drilled two holes into the Cowl after adding the armor. It's plastic so it does not take much force. I would install the Cowl and light mounts and then mark your holes with a white marker or chalk and then drill.

Here is a link to my original post:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/permanent-doorless-mirrors.35193/#post-801867

Took me a week to get all the parts as I had to find the parts and clean up the inside.

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
-21" stubby antenna
I'd be interest in picking this up but couldn't find it on Amazon for the JL & don't want to pay the shipping from RR. Do you know its on Amazon? Even longer would be better if anyone knows of one that screws right on.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Looking at this picture Gary @lightsout (pretty cool BTW)

rocker%201_zpssph7chtj.jpg

.. while working my way through this thread for some ideas I began to wonder if someone could design the step points that are below running boards in a manner that when you step on them (the step points) they form the position in your picture, but then retract back via spring when not in use.

Thanks for contributing!

: - )

Keep in mind these are also sliders when you remove the drop step, any spring loaded step would likely eliminate that ability

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4WD Unlimited Rubicon
Good deal man. Yeah I went with round aux lights on my bar, but still looking at options for Cowl/Apillar mounts to get a little more lighting in place. I found these sweet looking ones from Rigid, but just need to be sure they can accommodate other lights besides Rigid's that use a standard bracket. I haven't seen this track setup before.. What do you think, would they work for others?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/rigid-i...MIqYz2vb6l4gIVFo_ICh3C5wJHEAkYASABEgLLQPD_BwE
I am considering the Cowl/Apillar mounts and non-Rigid lights. Did you go with these mounts? Any pics?

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not proud of one particular mod, I'm proud of the entire build that WE have done on my wife's 2018 Sahara. She has thrown wrenches with me as much as she can or simply been there to watch and learn. The only thing we didn't do is put the D44 axles on, it was easier and made more sense to have my friend do it. That same friend was the previous owner of "Fat Ninja" the Rubicon in the build below. I watched him build that beast and wheel the heck out of it (even did the Rubicon trail) and when he sold it I jumped on it and LOVE it. The 21 Honor Badges you see on Fat Ninja have been removed since I did not earn them with the Jeep. The 9 Honor Badges on the Mrs. were well earned :)

I don't have a lot of pics right now since the Mrs. build is still waiting on the Road Armor rear fenders to come out of fabrication and I still need to put her winch back on.

The Mrs. (still not named) 2018 Sahara; 51k miles on it so far:
3.6L, Auto, Black, Leather, Hard Top, 7" Alpine Stereo System, LED Package, AUX switches.
Teraflex ST3 3.5" lift, DV8 beadlocks, 37x12.5x17 Patagonia, Teraflex track bar, Steer Smarts tierod and draglink, Falcon 2.1 steering stabilizer, Falcon 3.1 shocks, Metalcloak discos, Tailgate reinforcement bracket, Road Armor fenders, Artec front fender liners, Rubi rails, Rubi steel front bumper, Warn winch plate, Engo 10K synthetic line winch, Tazer Lite.

Mine "Fat Ninja" 2018 Rubicon; 31k miles on it so far:
3.6L, Manual, Ocean Blue, Fully loaded.
Teraflex ST3 3.5" lift, Falcon 3.1 shocks, Falcon 2.2 steering stabilizer, Warn 10-S winch, Warn winch plate, Factory 55 Ultrahook, RCV front shafts with axle disconnect delete, Steer Smarts trackbar, draglink and tierod, Dana 4.88 gears and diff covers, MOPAR Tailgate Reinforcement w/relocation bracket, KMC RG Race Beadlocks, 37x12.5x17 Cooper STT Pro, Tazer, UPR catch can, Metal Cloak Rear Diff skid, Powertank JL Mount Bracket, Powertank w/fill kit and hose, AFE Hi-Tuck Cat-Back exhaust.

The first two pics are older but they are the only side profile ones I have. The 2004 LJ is my old Jeep which I sold when I bought Fat Ninja and then used those proceeds to build the Mrs. Jeep.

IMG_3070.jpg
IMG_2323.jpg
IMG_3109.jpg
IMG_3086.jpg
IMG_3109.jpg
9FFA9E4A-B214-46BE-85FF-7107100ADD14.JPG
IMG_3108.jpg
IMG_2806.jpg
IMG_0079.jpg

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I think the one I would MOST be upset about NOT having would be the Sprint booster. Don't laugh, I'm serious, there is a definite difference when it's off.
Sponsored