Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't create an account when I ordered. How do I get the free shorter tie down rails?
Let me know some detail information and ill create an order for you

Email, shipping, name,

Rigby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubi OB
I didn't create an account when I ordered. How do I get the free shorter tie down rails?
I didn't create my account when I ordered as well. I just created the account with the same email and it linked it to my previous purchase, so I was able to get the shorter rails.

tesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 Ocean Blue
Cut them takes 5 minutes
I could do that, but I bought this when it was advertised as fully compatible with both tops. Diabolical needs to supply me with all the correct parts to make this work. I'm still waiting on my notched tailskin.

Sponsored

Tannerdc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ7 upgraded (?) to a 2020 JLUR
Has anyone considered not using the side/top wings of their Slipstream? The main foldable top would be in use and the tie down rails would be in use as well. I'm wondering if there is enough stability w/o the wings and if this would allow the soft top to lay flatter, fold completely down allowing the locking mechanism to engage and even allow the top to come out of the track system. I'm not concerned about less security, as a thief wouldn't be able to lift anything big out of the back. Just a thought???

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I could do that, but I bought this when it was advertised as fully compatible with both tops. Diabolical needs to supply me with all the correct parts to make this work. I'm still waiting on my notched tailskin.

It is compatible with both top, this is just added protection for the soft top fabric. My top functioned fine with the longer bar I decided to shorten for added protection even though I also added a rubber edge guard to my rails. I am saying it literally took 5 minutes to cut both rails.

Slip%20rail%201_zpsww0ynhlb.jpg

tesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 Ocean Blue
It is compatible with both top, this is just added protection for the soft top fabric. My top functioned fine with the longer bar I decided to shorten for added protection even though I also added a rubber edge guard to my rails. I am saying it literally took 5 minutes to cut both rails.

Slip%20rail%201_zpsww0ynhlb.jpg
It's not compatible with both tops. Soft top issues:

The tie down rails are too lung which makes the top sit higher than necessary blocking vision etc.
The wing skins keep the top from going down all the way and locking
The tailskin hits the soft top mechanism and keeps the back section from folding.
Even if you notch the tailskin, the folded top hits the mechanism when trying to fold it all the way up.
It doesn't come with bolts to hold down the wing skins (website now notes this).
The support frame keeps the rear window bar from seating fully

Alan has addressed some of these (or plans to) but when I bought it (Jan or Feb) there was no mention of any potential issues on his product web page. He said I'd get a notched tailskin when they were done, but that still won't make this function completely as advertised. There are work arounds for everything except locking the top, but I want to employ as few of those as possible. I get it's a quick fix to cut it (and I'll probably use that moulding on mine, great idea) but I think Diabolical should fix their issue so the product meets advertised expectations.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
It's not compatible with both tops. Soft top issues:

The tie down rails are too lung which makes the top sit higher than necessary blocking vision etc.
The wing skins keep the top from going down all the way and locking
The tailskin hits the soft top mechanism and keeps the back section from folding.
Even if you notch the tailskin, the folded top hits the mechanism when trying to fold it all the way up.
It doesn't come with bolts to hold down the wing skins (website now notes this).
The support frame keeps the rear window bar from seating fully

Alan has addressed some of these (or plans to) but when I bought it (Jan or Feb) there was no mention of any potential issues on his product web page. He said I'd get a notched tailskin when they were done, but that still won't make this function completely as advertised. There are work arounds for everything except locking the top, but I want to employ as few of those as possible. I get it's a quick fix to cut it (and I'll probably use that moulding on mine, great idea) but I think Diabolical should fix their issue so the product meets advertised expectations.

I have had mine installed since November I have had no issues with the stock config. just sayin. Allen sent me some replacements parts have not needed to swap them yet anyway

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
Can anyone tell me the measurement from the floor to the lowest lip of the lid? I want to see if my ARB 37 quart fridge will fit under there. The fridge is 16.9" and I just want to see if I would have to buy the additional 4" topper. It looks like it would be a real tight fit.

Sponsored

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Can anyone tell me the measurement from the floor to the lowest lip of the lid? I want to see if my ARB 37 quart fridge will fit under there. The fridge is 16.9" and I just want to see if I would have to buy the additional 4" topper. It looks like it would be a real tight fit.
Mine is measuring at 16.5".

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Can anyone speak about experiences with rust? Every once and a while I hear about rust concerns. Given my experience with a certain brand of steps I’m hesitant to pull the trigger in these.
thanks is advance.
Sponsored