Not open for further replies.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I also don’t like the crowds in town either. Busy enough during a normal week. All the fun spots like the Moab Brewery, or even the City Market grocery store are a zoo!
we had no issues last year for dining, we heard it was less busy than normal.
Sponsored

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Sand Hollow is awesome.....A lot of people are now skipping Moab completely to go there instead. Utah has a lot of great wheeling to offer.
trail hero just announced 07-10OCT for next year - its def on the calendar for us.

Chad1433

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Do you known Rex and Penny Tanner (used to own SlickRock Campground) and Tom (forget his last name....is part of Moab's Search and Rescue) by chance? I know Rex was getting into the political scene there in the past....not sure how he's doing now....
I don't, but I have only been here about 5 years now.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
The Escapees RV club has a "HOP" (head out program) for off road enthusiast members, based just south of town and immediately prior to the safari. As it will slot in well to our multi month trip to and up the west coast we thought we'd join in. It was while researching that event that I discovered it was running into the safari so we decided to extend a week and will be there through the 8th.

While I suspect the crowds, along with the beer and testosterone fueled yahoos will drive me nuts I figured it was something you should do once, especially as it's "on our way".

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We’re getting closer and wanted to bring this thread back up! We did a forum run last year and we have met some friends that we will have for a lifetime!

Brett

Sponsored

irishtim7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 02 BMW M3, 91 BMW E30
Count me in... as long as it's not Pritchett. I have to drive my jeep home. Haha.

For the EJS vets - do you sign up for many runs through Red Rock 4 Wheelers? My plan was to do a couple formal EJS rides and then go out on some of the easier trails on my own or vendor runs, and such. What do you all do?

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Count me in... as long as it's not Pritchett. I have to drive my jeep home. Haha.

For the EJS vets - do you sign up for many runs through Red Rock 4 Wheelers? My plan was to do a couple formal EJS rides and then go out on some of the easier trails on my own or vendor runs, and such. What do you all do?
What we do, take it for what it’s worth is I sign up for ejs run just for the raffle and if plans fall thru will do that as a back up. Then do trails that are on the ejs off days

Brett

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
What we do, take it for what it’s worth is I sign up for ejs run just for the raffle and if plans fall thru will do that as a back up. Then do trails that are on the ejs off days

Brett
Keep in mind that most spots will fill up, and pretty fast at that. If you end up at EJS and wanted to do a rr4w run you’re basically on standby in case someone backs out. Many spots even fill up before it opens up to the non paying “free” members.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind that most spots will fill up, and pretty fast at that. If you end up at EJS and wanted to do a rr4w run you’re basically on standby in case someone backs out. Many spots even fill up before it opens up to the non paying “free” members.
I believe jan 5 is the deadline to register as a member too getting the good spots

Brett

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

LaneSprings

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S (JL)
Occupation
Auto Insurance Agent
Arg! Would love to make it this year! But I just got my JL 3 weeks ago and not sure I’ll have my build out done at that point. Got a long way to go still. Kind of wish I still had my JK around as well since it was all done already... *sigh* time will tell...

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Holy Sh*t! Things are filling up fast.:surprised:
I have been on internet for an hour looking for RV sites to stay and its looking like I might have waited too long.
There are a couple of parks that I can call tomorrow, but if you don't have your reservations in already, you might start looking soon.

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
We’re getting closer and wanted to bring this thread back up! We did a forum run last year and we have met some friends that we will have for a lifetime!

Brett
Holy Sh*t! Things are filling up fast.:surprised:
I have been on internet for an hour looking for RV sites to stay and its looking like I might have waited too long.
There are a couple of parks that I can call tomorrow, but if you don't have your reservations in already, you might start looking soon.
Yeah going to be tuff this time of year. We booked our last August.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

We always do the other trails, on the off days. I’m done waiting all day on one obstacle let alone a trail. :CWL: Obviously I’m exaggerating, but it feels like it. Awesome experience though. You have to do it once. You get to meet some good people.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
We always do the other trails, on the off days. I’m done waiting all day on one obstacle let alone a trail. :CWL: Obviously I’m exaggerating, but it feels like it. Awesome experience though. You have to do it once. You get to meet some good people.
Ya I agree I met some good people on the rr4w group trails
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.