Sponsored

Gas mileage when lifted with 35s?

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
Pretty solid. Those tires are light. What else is done to your Jeep -- i.e., what bumpers? winch? what wheels? 20 would give me a lot more range if I decided to run KO2's for daily, which would be nice for long trips where I am not wheeling.

What were you getting before the 4.88 swap?
Front bumper is red rock stubby bumper, warn VR10, vision fury wheels 24 lbs each, Teraflex spare tire carrier, Falcon 3.3 shocks, Nexus 2.2 steering stabilizer. On hi way 23, off road 16-18, depending on the terrain..
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
2020 Rubicon
So that’s why they swapped ur gears. I have a sport s. I would need the rubi axels through them and gearing. Just the axels are like 5k without tax and gearing is another 300 a pop. I’ll just be concentrating on other things the dealer is going to actually deal with. I have rubbing on my swaybars and the rear of both front fenders must be touching the tires at some point because the fender rivits are popping out and it’s on both sides.... I found one on the rock rail that popped out so I’m def putting that shit on them next sat. I can’t wait to see how they are gonna get out of this one lol.

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Newest thing I found is the rear bottom of the front fenders must be hitting the tire at some point .... both sides are missing and I found one plastic rivit on my rock rail driver side. I didn’t even take it off road so I can’t wait to see what they say about this when I go to the dealer. Can’t wait to tell you guys how they handle any of this. I do not expect the gearing ..... matter of fact I just would like a compromise in that situation. But the rear tire shaking violently on bumps is not acceptable at all along with rubbing tires on sway bar or the tire hitting the fenders at some point with only on road driving. Let’s see how this plays out

melman8r

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sarge Green JLR
Newest thing I found is the rear bottom of the front fenders must be hitting the tire at some point .... both sides are missing and I found one plastic rivit on my rock rail driver side. I didn’t even take it off road so I can’t wait to see what they say about this when I go to the dealer. Can’t wait to tell you guys how they handle any of this. I do not expect the gearing ..... matter of fact I just would like a compromise in that situation. But the rear tire shaking violently on bumps is not acceptable at all along with rubbing tires on sway bar or the tire hitting the fenders at some point with only on road driving. Let’s see how this plays out
You have plastic rivets on the rock rails? Got a picture?

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
Sorry to hear your issues, my last chevy Silverado was purchased lifted on lot with 37s. 6.2 litre engine but It had 3.21 rears which shame on me, i couldn't read window sticker thru tint and purchased it. It would get stuck in 2wd on beach because it wouldn't turn the tires. I put a lawyer on it but it was cheaper to just drop 4.11s in it.
After a custom tune and 4.11s it was a beast on the road. But traction control was overkill , killing engine everytime you needed power.
I hate all this computerized crap.
Good luck with your issues

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Ok it was resting On the rock rail when I found the broken plastic rivet lol. The tire must hit the fender which rips out the plastic rivet and when it popped out ended up stuck in the crevice between the body and the rock rail... u get it now. The rock rails do not have rivits

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Sorry to hear your issues, my last chevy Silverado was purchased lifted on lot with 37s. 6.2 litre engine but It had 3.21 rears which shame on me, i couldn't read window sticker thru tint and purchased it. It would get stuck in 2wd on beach because it wouldn't turn the tires. I put a lawyer on it but it was cheaper to just drop 4.11s in it.
After a custom tune and 4.11s it was a beast on the road. But traction control was overkill , killing engine everytime you needed power.
I hate all this computerized crap.
Good luck with your issues
Yes I hope so too most of them are stupid but the gearing isn’t but I’ll get to that if I have to do it. I can live for now. The fenders and rubbing pisses me off but I’ll be sure to tell Jeep how unsatisfied I am without even making the first payment yet. When I feel I’m being taken advantage of I’m not a fun person to deal with at all. I’ll show up week in and week out while tracking millage for the trips to the dealer. I’ll
Go to any measure possible to slander the dealers name if im left to foot the bill. I will however give them the chance before im a complete asshole. All I’m asking for is fair treatment on a new purchase of their biuld lol. I’ll be as nice as I can for as long as is necessary. Can’t u really blame me?

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
Yes I hope so too most of them are stupid but the gearing isn’t but I’ll get to that if I have to do it. I can live for now. The fenders and rubbing pisses me off but I’ll be sure to tell Jeep how unsatisfied I am without even making the first payment yet. When I feel I’m being taken advantage of I’m not a fun person to deal with at all. I’ll show up week in and week out while tracking millage for the trips to the dealer. I’ll
Go to any measure possible to slander the dealers name if im left to foot the bill. I will however give them the chance before im a complete asshole. All I’m asking for is fair treatment on a new purchase of their biuld lol. I’ll be as nice as I can for as long as is necessary. Can’t u really blame me?
I would have thought you would have plenty of clearance. Good luck.

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
I would have thought you would have plenty of clearance. Good luck.
Yeah me too but I can figure it any other way. It must be around a turn the body sways or something. I mean I barely drivenit this far and I’m a careful person. I am very meticulous with my things.... I’m undercoating with fluid film and I have already washed her and waxed her in the two weeks I have had it. I’m trying to take as good care of her as possible .... weather tech car cover and all. What else would have cause the FENDER damage ????

Last edited:

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
Yeah me too but I can figure it any other way. It must be around a turn the body sways or something. I mean I barely drivenit this far and I’m a careful person. I am very meticulous with my things.... I’m undercoating with fluid film and I have already washed her and waxed her in the two weeks I have had it. I’m trying to take as good care of her as possible .... weather tech car cover and all. What else would have cause the dealer see damage ????
Yeah the more you care the more trouble you will have with something.

Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I am running 315 70 17 on a stock rubi JLUR and my gas reads 13.9 ave. That was before I tazered it and reset the tire size. Have run a full tank yet. I'll post when I do .

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
On 4.88s and 35s with manual. 24 psi and average of 30 hours a week off road. I never drive over 65 usually 55 .

20191230_095215.jpg

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic
Sahara lifted running 35x12.5R18 K02’s. Around town, and back roads 16-18 mph. Interstate speed limit 75, 12-13 mpg.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Something has to be wrong why is my millage so shit ass poor. I really don’t wanna deal with the dealer already ‍♂
Contacted my salesman already and I’ll be goin there tomorrow bitching and complaining something is not right
Please tell me this is a joke?? How the hell can a driver of a lifted brick on wheels complain about gas mileage!!! The Faulken AT/3 weighs almost 20 lbs more then the stock Ko2 which makes it more like 80lbs extra weight per corner in rotating mass.

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
:clap:
Tires rubbing on the sway bars huh??, you must have those new 25” wide tires I’ve been hearing so much about, cmon!!
First there was, "help! Theres something wrong with my steering!"

Now, "I'm lifted with big tires and small axles - something is wrong only getting 12mpgs!!"

....:CWL:
you said exactly what I was thinking:clap:
Sponsored