STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
Hello all!
FINALLY getting another Jeep Wrangler 2 DR - Upgrading to a Sahara this time (Chief Blue Hard Top with Dark Saddle leather)...anyway...got a message from the dealer I am actually getting an '18 Sahara and the '17's have stopped being built already!!!! The order was placed Tuesday in Delaware, so... I would expect the information quoted as "confirmed" here is not entirely correct! '18's are being assembled now, though not all specs are known and not available on the build conmfiguator on the site. Dealer didn't even know everything about them yet - so, the information here regarding the discontinuation of the 2 DR Sahara is incorrect as well. i would expect to start seeing the '18's on the road in the next month or two.
2018 JK is available, but the new 2018 JL is not...hope you know that.
Sponsored

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Hello all!
FINALLY getting another Jeep Wrangler 2 DR - Upgrading to a Sahara this time (Chief Blue Hard Top with Dark Saddle leather)...anyway...got a message from the dealer I am actually getting an '18 Sahara and the '17's have stopped being built already!!!! The order was placed Tuesday in Delaware, so... I would expect the information quoted as "confirmed" here is not entirely correct! '18's are being assembled now, though not all specs are known and not available on the build conmfiguator on the site. Dealer didn't even know everything about them yet - so, the information here regarding the discontinuation of the 2 DR Sahara is incorrect as well. i would expect to start seeing the '18's on the road in the next month or two.
2017s are still being built, for another month. Retail 2018 JK's won't start until Oct. 2nd. All specs are known. 2DR Sahara refers to 2018 JL not 2018 JK.

Dart Maul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Xterra, 2014 Dart
Updated:
  • Rear passenger HVAC vents placed in back of the front middle console (likely 4-door JLU only)
I know most enthusiasts here don't care about this but it's new features like this that will help convince the average consumer to pick the JL over any leftover JK's on the lot.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
So orange is a definite color for the 2018 wrangler?
Not your typcal Orange Crush orange, but Nacho which is the same colour as Dozer is 'Yellow with and orange-ish tinge'.

There is no indication of a second paint code as in PY5/Pxx that would mean a cross colour, so it should look something like this one on the right in the first too, and the nearest one in the third pic is Dozer with Solar behind it, which shows Dozer/Nacho is obviously more Yellow than Crush or Sunset, but more orange-ish than Solar/Detonator/Baja/Acid. But it can look very orangey in the right (dark) light.

Crush middle, Dozer on Right...
IMG_1036.JPG

Crush Left, Dozer on Right...
IMG_1037.JPG

Dozer in front of Solar Yellow
IMG_0892.JPG

Dozer in the 'right' light
IMG_0863.JPG

Sponsored

Cotymarie

First Name
Coty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruze
Not your typcal Orange Crush orange, but Nacho which is the same colour as Dozer is 'Yellow with and orange-ish tinge'.

There is no indication of a second paint code as in PY5/Pxx that would mean a cross colour, so it should look something like this one on the right in the first too, and the nearest one in the third pic is Dozer with Solar behind it, which shows Dozer/Nacho is obviously more Yellow than Crush or Sunset, but more orange-ish than Solar/Detonator/Baja/Acid. But it can look very orangey in the right (dark) light.

Crush middle, Dozer on Right...
IMG_1036.JPG

Crush Left, Dozer on Right...
IMG_1037.JPG

Dozer in front of Solar Yellow
IMG_0892.JPG

Dozer in the 'right' light
IMG_0863.JPG
The crush color is what I want. It said orange so that is what I thought I have been waiting for the 18s for the orange

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The crush color is what I want. It said orange so that is what I thought I have been waiting for the 18s for the orange
You're obviously not familiar with Wrangler colours. The Admin posting a list of suspected colours about 15 months ago is just a guesstimation based on very loose guidelines provided by FCA to dealers. Acid yellow never came last year for the JK despite being on a bunch of official lists.

When it comes to what constitues orange in the Wrangler palette, if the options are Acid Yellow and Nacho, then Nacho plays the role of 'orange' in that spectrum.
Which is still better than no colour near either which is what 2016 & 2017 had, so it's not like you had an option since Sunset in 2015.

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
  • Front Axles: All-new for all trims
  • Rear Axles: Dana 44 for Sport and Sahara; All-New for Rubicon
Sahara will also offer an all-new rear axle in an optional package. 5 different axles total for the JL (2 front, 3 rear). More details on the new axles coming soon :).

chcg12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Sahara will also offer an all-new rear axle in an optional package. 5 different axles total for the JL (2 front, 3 rear). More details on the new axles coming soon :).
Milous! Finally!! Need more from you:clap:

Sponsored

Raysrays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Charger
Nice! Can't wait to hear the details.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Updated with axle info.

Summit64

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 chevy c10, 11 challenger rt, 17 mitsubishi, 15 caravan, 13 harley iron
Has to be coming. I think the list just includes 'new' things the car will get. Would be a cardinal sin if they abandoned 6sped manual on the Wrangler.
I thought the long clutch sucked on the 6 speeds. I'll take the 9 speed auto in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.