First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Occupation
Crime scene remediation field supervisor
Good morning guys and gals. Has anyone cut into there hood to install the vent insert?I found a pair on amazon, and I'm thinking about performing the DIY. Am I making a mistake with water issues.... let me know what you think. Thanks
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Good morning guys and gals. Has anyone cut into there hood to install the vent insert?I found a pair on amazon, and I'm thinking about performing the DIY. Am I making a mistake with water issues.... let me know what you think. Thanks
as long as you keep your intake filter dry you're fine. the engine can get wet. unless you're having engine cooling issues im not sure what the benefit is besides looking cool. (pun intended). link to the vents you found on AZ?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I believe the Rubicon's "silencer pad" is different. It has channels that divert water to the sides. ~$30 to purchase.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mrmojo78

Mrmojo78

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited sport
Occupation
Crime scene remediation field supervisor
as long as you keep your intake filter dry you're fine. the engine can get wet. unless you're having engine cooling issues im not sure what the benefit is besides looking cool. (pun intended). link to the vents you found on AZ?
Here are the two i found...

Flash2ning / 2PCS Hood Vents for 07-16 Jeep 10th JK Wrangler Power Dome Louvers Engine Inlet Vents 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079G488V8/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_Zp9bEb5T0MMVM

Daystar, Jeep JK Wrangler Hood Vents, Right and Left, Black, Pair, fits 2007 to 2017 2/4WD, KJ71048BK, Made in America https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JXU217S/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_i_Yn9bEb1KGPQCD

TOTL Innovations

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.totlinnovations.com
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
My only concern with the Flash2ning ones you listed is if they will work with a "flat" surface. They are designed for the Power Dome hood so they may not sit well on top of your hood as they probably have a curve in them.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have been looking for "cut in vents" that locate on the sides of the hood. I don't want to deal with water intrusion. I haven't found what I'm looking for and am thinking abour the raising of the hinge side of hood. Like a VW Bug but not this extreme....
Jeep Wrangler JL Install vents on sport/Sahara hood? vw raised hood

Being a low pressure area on a Wrangler, seems heat would vent easily.

Update: did it...
Jeep Wrangler JL Install vents on sport/Sahara hood? jl hood vented 1

hand over the raised gap feels like a toaster slot.
Sponsored

Last edited: