Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2019 Rubicon which I love (my wife hates when I say that but what can I do) and after waxing it and cleaning the wheels I feel like there is a lot of space for potentially a larger tire. I understand the Rubicon needs space in the wheel well for articulation when going off road but my question to everyone is; Can I put on a a larger sized tire on my 2019 rubicon without any modifications. Also I obviously don't want any rubbing?
Sponsored

cowgirljeeper

First Name
Shaunti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bikini Pearl JLUR, 1997/2001/2-2014 Rams, 1979 Ford, 1978 Ford step-side
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2019 Rubicon which I love (my wife hates when I say that but what can I do) and after waxing it and cleaning the wheels I feel like there is a lot of space for potentially a larger tire. I understand the Rubicon needs space in the wheel well for articulation when going off road but my question to everyone is; Can I put on a a larger sized tire on my 2019 rubicon without any modifications. Also I obviously don't want any rubbing?
With the higher fenders on the rubicon you can go up to a 35" w/no lift.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
This is what I've heard but have not been able to confirm anywhere.
Someone will chime in soon. Lots of Jeepers with bigger tires around here:giggle:. So, what are you looking at? Any certain wheel/tire combo?

Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You can clear 37s with minimal rub at max articulation with sway bar disconnected, zero rub on the street. I have a set of Spidertrax wheel spacers, that's about it. I can't confirm if they would clear without the spacers.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I ran several thousand miles with a set of bf goodrich ko2 35's (315/70-17 C rated) on stock wheels and no spacers, and had zero rubbing issues.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I also have the Spidertrax 1.75" spacers on 37s....NO WAY would mine clear without rubbing. Couldn't even turn the tires on the street without them hitting the front bumper as well as scrubbing the OUTSIDE of the front fenders.

Looked cool though:

K9qKoS5.jpg
What are the specs on those tires and wheels? They look HUGE

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
I also have the Spidertrax 1.75" spacers on 37s....NO WAY would mine clear without rubbing. Couldn't even turn the tires on the street without them hitting the front bumper as well as scrubbing the OUTSIDE of the front fenders.

Looked cool though:

K9qKoS5.jpg
37x12.5R17 PBRRs on 17x8.5 DV8 882 Beadlocks (custom ring) -20mm offset.
I'm not even sure the OEM 33s would clear with that combination of spacer & wheel offset.

Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I ran 35’s on stock suspension (oem wheels) and 1.5” wheels spacers and the 3 times I took it off-road after adding the 35’s I had no rubbing, but I never got it to full articulation with the sway bar disconnected.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
One thing I think needs to be considered is bumper, steel or plastic, and if you have a winch. The mopar steel bumper and a winch dropped mine 3/4” over a torn down front end.

OP
OP
graniterubi2dr

graniterubi2dr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead

Looked cool though:

K9qKoS5.jpg
That certainly does look awesome.