Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Really want to go for the Rock Krawler arms.. but

Does anyone know if the Rock Krawler front LCAs have this bend inward for better tire clearance at full steering lock to lock? I know they seem to have a bend upwards for clearance against rocks, but they appear to not bend inward. Anyone can confirm?
This is important for me because my tire is basically a hair from my stock LCA at full lock.

EDIT:
Thanks to word302, I found the answer to this already.
Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Does anyone know if the Rock Krawler front LCAs have this bend inward for better tire clearance at full steering lock to lock? I know they seem to have a bend upwards for clearance against rocks, but they appear to not bend inward. Anyone can confirm?
This is important for me because my tire is basically a hair from my stock LCA at full lock.

View attachment 254354

EDIT:
I found the answer to this already, thanks.
I'll answer again here for anyone that doesn't see the other thread. RK LCAs do not bend inward, they bend upward for ground clearance. If you check out their install instruction on their website they give recommended minimum backspacing for each tire size based on model and lift height.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Arterius2
Hey Jerry,
If you go with rk xfactor lcas, a couple things to keep in mind. The grease fittings are hard to get to, and the jam nut might hit the bracket at full flex, depending on length of your shocks. To alleviate this problem rk recommends that you notch out your lca bracket like this....
14A7C8B8-347E-48D8-8D09-FEE6A4FD0C63.jpeg

I used a metal hole saw to cut mine...
8DDF13FD-FFCF-47EC-9142-F473C21DC2E8.jpeg

Of course if you don’t have a problem with the jam nut hitting, and you don’t want to notch your bracket, you can use a 90 degree grease fitting, it’s still tight but you can get a grease gun on them. Or you can take them loose to grease them.... :) ... imho these are some of the best arms on the market.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
@Arterius2
Hey Jerry,
If you go with rk xfactor lcas, a couple things to keep in mind. The grease fittings are hard to get to, and the jam nut might hit the bracket at full flex, depending on length of your shocks. To alleviate this problem rk recommends that you notch out your lca bracket like this....
14A7C8B8-347E-48D8-8D09-FEE6A4FD0C63.jpeg

I used a metal hole saw to cut mine...
8DDF13FD-FFCF-47EC-9142-F473C21DC2E8.jpeg

Of course if you don’t have a problem with the jam nut hitting, and you don’t want to notch your bracket, you can use a 90 degree grease fitting, it’s still tight but you can get a grease gun on them. Or you can take them loose to grease them.... :) ... imho these are some of the best arms on the market.
That is a sizeable hack into the mount that has to weaken it. For my RK arms, I cut out about half of what they recommend and it allows full droop. The problem is I now cant get the hard to find 000 grease into the fitting without dropping the arms. I tried 90 degree fittings and cant seem to get grease into them. All things considered, I would buy Metalcloak if I could do it again....these arms are a pain and I dont like hacking the mounts.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
That is a sizeable hack into the mount that has to weaken it. For my RK arms, I cut out about half of what they recommend and it allows full droop. The problem is I now cant get the hard to find 000 grease into the fitting without dropping the arms. I tried 90 degree fittings and cant seem to get grease into them. All things considered, I would buy Metalcloak if I could do it again....these arms are a pain and I dont like hacking the mounts.
It doesn't weaken the mount at all. It's just extra metal you're trimming away. Completely non-structural.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
On my JK I had the greasable monster joints and found them difficult to access on some of the arms. One of my top reasons for going Metalcloak in my JL is so that I didn’t have to grease them.

I still have to grease my Steersmarts stuff so it’s not that scared of greasing.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I mean, you're heading them maybe 3 or 4 times a year. I added 45 degree zeros for the hard to reach ones. It's about a 20 minute job once you get it down.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
On my JK I had the greasable monster joints and found them difficult to access on some of the arms. One of my top reasons for going Metalcloak in my JL is so that I didn’t have to grease them.

I still have to grease my Steersmarts stuff so it’s not that scared of greasing.
If you wheel hard you're going to end up replacing those Metalcloak bushings more often than you think. Not a huge deal but still not "worry/maintenance-free" like everyone says.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
After 8 years of greasing them on the JK I know the greasing drill. Still though, every time I was doing it, I was telling myself how much I looked forward to my next Jeep without them

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
After 8 years of greasing them on the JK I know the greasing drill. Still though, every time I was doing it, I was telling myself how much I looked forward to my next Jeep without them
Meh. I'm under there re-torquing things often enough that it's just not a big deal for the strength/durability you get from them.

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
If you wheel hard you're going to end up replacing those Metalcloak bushings more often than you think. Not a huge deal but still not "worry/maintenance-free" like everyone says.
For sure. Though I had to replace them on the TF joints after 4 years as well.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Meh. I'm under there re-torquing things often enough that it's just not a big deal for the strength/durability you get from them.
Im just glad we’re both happy with our choice!
Sponsored