litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Did they say Sky One Touch will not be available at all in 2020 or just in Mojito? Which model did you order?

There are opposing viewpoints on this forum about whether it will be available in 2020. One person said they were able to order it and another person said they were not. But you are further along in the process.

Would be very helpful to get a definitive answer on this because I am trying to decide between a 2019 or waiting for 2020 and really want this feature. Thanks!
My 2019 has the Sky Power top, and I love it, and it is also in Mojito!
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Things to consider: If you're doing an overland build (my ultimate goal), Gobi has just released a stealth rack that works with the power top!

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase
I was pretty set on the dual top. I sat in a sky one touch and I was just floored. I hate the sun but love the wind.

Soft top: pros. Safari mode. Easy to close on the go. Cons. Rear window makes the cargo area a pain, no rear defrost or wiper. Acrylic windows scratch, and security. I leave my gaming rig in my trunk all the time. That 4K of easy to steal electronics. Lastly roof op tenting out.

Hard top. Pros. Option for rhino backbone. Glass back and access to cargo area. Cons. Removing is a pain, storage, if you leave it home and it rains you’re screwed. If the sun is right overhead and it’s home you’re burnt.

Sky. Pros. Can do anything the others can do including a roof rack now that gobi makes a compatible one.

Only con in my eyes is price and reliability. Price I can do. Reliability is my only concern but seems like people have been doing well with theirs.
Spiderwebshade also makes a shade for the SOT. I haven't ordered it yet but I will soon.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Spiderwebshade also makes a shade for the SOT. I haven't ordered it yet but I will soon.
My beef with the shades is that none of them are UPF rated. So basically you’re a little shaded into a false sense of skin cancer security. They also do jack for rain.

That said rain doesn’t hurt anything but if you wear your sunscreen enjoy!

gamecocks9799

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Consultant
Late to the party, but I love my Sky One Touch! I was going to get a hard top, but fell in love with the ease and look of the Sky One Touch. 50 degrees today and it was open. LOVE. Only major pain in the neck is finding a roof rack to use with it. Likely will go with the GOBI rack but at $2K, that's a bit steep along with the 14-16 week wait. For those wanting an overhead view of the SOT, have a look at the video my son put together.

Sponsored

gamecocks9799

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
Well, since this thread has been officially revived, I'll add my update. I regret getting the top. My Jeep is in the garage for the third time this year. This time they are replacing the top this time. Sure, it will be good as new, but now for long term ownership I have to wonder what this might cost me down the road when it is off warranty. Not worth the concern.
What have the issues been? Did it all happen at once or was it a slow failure? Curious of what to watch for. Sorry you've had trouble.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
After a drive on a gravel road I started hearing a rattle. Soon I noticed the roof was rising along the side at highway speeds. The first time in the garage they had it 2 weeks, finally said it needed an adjustment. A week later it was doing it again. This time they removed the top and said they found a cable was not secured. That fixed the rattle but two days later I noticed it doing the same thing as before. This time they are replacing the whole top. Don't get me wrong, I like the top. But I planned on keeping this for a long time and I now have "0" confidence that these things will last much past a warranty period. I'm guessing a new top is expensive. I certainly could live without it. I'm retired and planned on keeping this to give to one of the grandkids, but I don't see that happening anymore.
Bummer about your top, you’re one of the few having issues. If mine ever goes out I guess I’ll try and get a soft top replacement. Is that an option for you?

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I like mine, and I'd buy it again. instant open / close and security in the parking lot. Convenience factor is huge.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
It’s only been 6 months for me but I love mine and no problems. One thing different though. Be sure if you’re on a highway with the side rear windows out and roof open, you secure anything light in your cargo area. I guess because the rear window doesn’t open it must create a vortex back there. Wife and I went food shopping during the summer. We had those reusable shopping bags back there. Left the house with six of them arrived at the store with 2. My last Wrangler with soft top down never had anything blow out.

gamecocks9799

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Consultant
After a drive on a gravel road I started hearing a rattle. Soon I noticed the roof was rising along the side at highway speeds. The first time in the garage they had it 2 weeks, finally said it needed an adjustment. A week later it was doing it again. This time they removed the top and said they found a cable was not secured. That fixed the rattle but two days later I noticed it doing the same thing as before. This time they are replacing the whole top. Don't get me wrong, I like the top. But I planned on keeping this for a long time and I now have "0" confidence that these things will last much past a warranty period. I'm guessing a new top is expensive. I certainly could live without it. I'm retired and planned on keeping this to give to one of the grandkids, but I don't see that happening anymore.
Thanks for the detail. Sorry that happened to you. Hoping that the replacement gives you years and years of fun and security. It does bring up the question though... With the entire top taken off, would you not be able to replace with a hard top or a soft top then? Don't get me wrong, it would stink wasting that option. I remember having to caulk my sunroof shut on my old saturn because the track failed. In this case, you could conceivably still have open air option.

Again, I'd feel the same as you. Hoping for the best.

Sponsored

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
After seeing what happened with the KK Liberty Power Tops and how FCA did absolutely nothing for them.. No thanks, power top ain’t for me.

Mrcake3014

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
After seeing what happened with the KK Liberty Power Tops and how FCA did absolutely nothing for them.. No thanks, power top ain’t for me.
Different company and a premier line vehicle .... I don’t see that happening. They would want to protect the brand.

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Little over 6k miles on it so far and not a bit of a problem on the Sky-One-Touch. No leaks and the wind noise is a little better than I had with the JK soft-top. I have also noticed the issue of the vortex with the back windows out. I don't usually have them off with the doors on though so not a huge problem for me. Definitely would get it again, its one of my favorite things about the jeep!

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Different company and a premier line vehicle .... I don’t see that happening. They would want to protect the brand.
They would want to protect the brand with the Liberty too and didn’t.. Wranglers are the iconic vehicle of Jeep and they still look for any reason they can to falsely deny warranty coverage. When the warranty period is over with the power top they’re not going to go above and beyond for any defects it has just like with the KK.