Gas mileage when lifted with 35s?

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Hey guys I recently traded in my 2 door stock Jk willys for a 2018 left over 2 door sport S with a mopar lift and 35/12.5/17r falken at3s ..... just picked it up Saturday......my question is what up with my millage.... seems like it’s low at about 12 mpg. I left the dealer with a full tank and drove 165 miles home on the highway.... now I did drive at different speeds as it’s brand new but really that’s it lol. I was told the cpu was adjusted for tire size, speedo, and tire pressure when I asked ..... however they forgot the antenna sooo I’m not sure I believe them. Anyway it’s stock 3.45 gearing and I know it’s should be changed but is this right. Seems really low. Btw it’s a pentastar v6 and full tank range said 221 when I filled it this morning. Something seems pretty off. I’m
Debating bringing it back thinking something is wrong with this Jeep
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
My '18 JLUR gets 15-16 with my 35x11.5 Nitro trail grapplers on stock rims.
Something has to be wrong why is my millage so shit ass poor. I really don’t wanna deal with the dealer already ‍♂
Contacted my salesman already and I’ll be goin there tomorrow bitching and complaining something is not right

BettyBoop

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 2dr.
Occupation
Business Owner
I have a 2019 Rubicon 2dr 6sp on 35" PATA on ProComp beadlocks. Just over 14K miles, my overall average since new is 20.05 mpg. Usually I get 23 mpg on hwy, but only I'm only cruising at 60mph over the mountain range. I get about 18-19 mpg around town. Everything here in Oregon is a hill, your either going up, or going down. Basically nothings flat.

I'm getting somewhat less now it's winter time. Around 21 mpg hwy and right at 18 mpg round town. Hope this helps

Sponsored

Jimmy_jak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Your new tires way 75lbs each. Twice what your stock tires weighed. The others here are running different gears, 4.10, which are better than 3.45 on 35s.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Dare I even ask what this symbol is? And do I really want to know why it's there? Morbid curiosity says......barely.

20191222_210504.jpg

As to the thread topic it sounds a little low, but I'm not that familiar with mpg's on new Jeeps. Though I do make a habit out of not being surprised when modified offroad type rigs show me crappy mileage.

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Dare I even ask what this symbol is? And do I really want to know why it's there? Morbid curiosity says......barely.
It was and emoji that turned into that lol sorry

20191222_210504.jpg

As to the thread topic it sounds a little low, but I'm not that familiar with mpg's on new Jeeps. Though I do make a habit out of not being surprised when modified offroad type rigs show me crappy mileage.

OP
OP
TheAnimal

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
Your new tires way 75lbs each. Twice what your stock tires weighed. The others here are running different gears, 4.10, which are better than 3.45 on 35s.
Ok so if i regear it would help the millage that much I was looking at 4.56. I read guys with 3.45 that were getting 16 which is way better than 11-12. I’m under the impression something is wrong with the Jeep. Obviously I can use the help here so I appreciate your feedback

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Ok so if i regear it would help the millage that much I was looking at 4.56. I read guys with 3.45 that were getting 16 which is way better than 11-12. I’m under the impression something is wrong with the Jeep. Obviously I can use the help here so I appreciate your feedback
It's also winter time and winter blend gas is in full effect. That can drop your mileage 3 or 4 mpg easy.

Sponsored

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I’m getting 15mg city driving on 35s with my JLU Sahara. In the highway easily 18-21mpg.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I’m averaging about the same as y’all. 15 MPG city and about 20 on the HWY.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Hey guys I recently traded in my 2 door stock Jk willys for a 2018 left over 2 door sport S with a mopar lift and 35/12.5/17r falken at3s ..... just picked it up Saturday......my question is what up with my millage.... seems like it’s low at about 12 mpg. I left the dealer with a full tank and drove 165 miles home on the highway.... now I did drive at different speeds as it’s brand new but really that’s it lol. I was told the cpu was adjusted for tire size, speedo, and tire pressure when I asked ..... however they forgot the antenna sooo I’m not sure I believe them. Anyway it’s stock 3.45 gearing and I know it’s should be changed but is this right. Seems really low. Btw it’s a pentastar v6 and full tank range said 221 when I filled it this morning. Something seems pretty off. I’m
Debating bringing it back thinking something is wrong with this Jeep
First there was, "help! Theres something wrong with my steering!"

Now, "I'm lifted with big tires and small axles - something is wrong only getting 12mpgs!!"

....:CWL: