Sponsored

Comparing my new JL to previous JK (First week)

Dalma

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon - Bikini Pearl
Hi everyone I picked up my new JL this week and want to share my impressions comparing the two.

I had:
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara Altitude edition
3.6 L, 6 Speed Manual
3.73 Gearing
33 inch KO2's
Leather seats

I bought:
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
2.0 Turbo, 8 Speed Auto
4.10 Gearing
33 inch K02's
Leather Seats

I find the JL feels like I am driving a much lighter vehicle. The steering in particular feels very light.
The seats in JL seem to be thinner and the JK had better seat bolstering.
The 2.0 with the 8 Speed transmission feels monstrous compared to the JK.
I don't mind the Stop/Start function at all. So far it has perform flawlessly.
The infotainment center in the JK was from the 1800's in comparison to the JL.
I went from a black JK to a Bikini Pearl JL and my wife absolutely HATES the color
Sponsored

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
Many JK's previously and JL is way better Jeep that checks all my boxes.

Enjoy it everyday and mod to your taste.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the lot!

Agree with the seats and the lighter feel.

I went from a black JK to a Bikini Pearl JL and my wife absolutely HATES the color
Somehow I think there will be more on this... :LOL:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dalma

Dalma

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon - Bikini Pearl
My wife things that the color is too bright and 'in your face'. Last night she said that she was embarrassed to be seen in it :(

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
My wife things that the color is too bright and 'in your face'. Last night she said that she was embarrassed to be seen in it :(
Hmm, no problem, leave her at home:like:... Seriously, I think it's a really pretty color. Wait till she sees it on a nice sunny day. You could tone it down a notch by getting some custom decals to break up all that Bikini;) You have an awesome Jeep. Enjoy it:involve:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
So, are you planning to trade the Jeep...or the wife...? :angel:

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
I'm a divorce lawyer with 30 years of experience. You LOVE the color and 'she was embarrassed to be seen in it'. You only have two choices here. Immediately trade the vehicle in for a loss and get a white Wrangler or file divorce papers and retain me to not only protect your Jeep but also the rest of your assets. I have offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Stinky Dead Fish in the Northwest Territories. Feel free to private message me with questions regarding retainers, etc or check out my website:
Dewey,Cheatem,andHowe.com

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I'm a divorce lawyer with 30 years of experience. You LOVE the color and 'she was embarrassed to be seen in it'. You only have two choices here. Immediately trade the vehicle in for a loss and get a white Wrangler or file divorce papers and retain me to not only protect your Jeep but also the rest of your assets. I have offices in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Stinky Dead Fish in the Northwest Territories. Feel free to private message me with questions regarding retainers, etc or check out my website:
I use to drive Dvision st. in Spokane,Wa. and see their/your business sign.
https://www.google.com/search?ei=63...&ved=0ahUKEwjW7-_U08XmAhVYnp4KHSGsA5QQ4dUDCAo

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Wait, is this a joke, or do you really have a practicing attorney named Cheatem? If so that is amazing on so many levels.