Sponsored

What side steps / rock rails to add to JL Wrangler?

greenerobnmu

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Wow that's sucks. I ordered some body mounted bedliner steps during black friday sales. Im going to be pissed if they rust right away. I thought this shit was behind them...
After a couple weeks of back and forth we finally agreed on a refund of $200 for me to get then striped and coated. Not the best solution, but far better then the other they wanted to do.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
After a couple weeks of back and forth we finally agreed on a refund of $200 for me to get then striped and coated. Not the best solution, but far better then the other they wanted to do.
I'd take that. Thats what I'll probably do if mine rust right away.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
So far, I really like the Raptor Magnum step rails I installed a week ago.

P1000033-1.jpg

Hellayella HB

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Ace has some that leave the OEM Rubi Rails intact.
+1 on all the positive ACE feedback. Had the rock rails installed there yesterday as I live close to their facility. Took less time to have them installed (10 minutes) than to get there (30)! Stand alone tire carrier already ordered and off for coating, will have that installed in January. AJ and Nick are friendly and accommodating guys - they’ve got a good thing going there it seems. Expedition Stubby bumper looks like a strong possibility in the spring. Happy Holidays all!

7B5282F3-868A-439A-9703-8F8C3E2EE090.jpeg

282AED3C-E648-41AF-99C2-06199412A99E.jpeg

Sponsored

doofoo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2019 VW Tiguan, 2018 GM Volt, 2019 Yamaha Tracer GT, 1997 Dodge 3500
I just ordered these. They look fantastic!
Did you happen to find them below $350? Was going to get ROAM side steps but with the rust issues, increase in price, lack of sale/shipping discount going on right now I just can't bring myself to go down that road.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
Did you happen to find them below $350? Was going to get ROAM side steps but with the rust issues, increase in price, lack of sale/shipping discount going on right now I just can't bring myself to go down that road.
Yes. I got them for $296 shipped from eBay.

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any out there where I could leave the OEM Rockrails?
Looking more like a single rail similar to the nerf bars
Really like my ACE... Read all the post of working with the body on frame bolts and nuts and you will be able to enjoy them.
IMG_1539.jpeg
IMG_1541.jpeg
IMG_1543.jpeg

Sponsored

WranglerAdvs

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Sahara, 2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Rock Slide Engineering. They are second to none. My wife loves them, she’s 5’4” and getting into the JL with 37s and 3.5” lift was tough for her. Great product!

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
A short update on my roam side rails/steps I was out on a pretty difficult little trail a few weeks ago. You know the kind where you can get into some serious trouble if you aren’t careful and capable. Found my self in low range with the rear locker on crawling boulders. On a couple of occasions I slid off landed pretty heavily on the steps the kind of landing that makes you think oh crap that’s gonna leave a dent. But when done with the ride I checked no dents just some rock dust and very minor scrapes. Truth be told. I didn’t slide sideways on to the rail with the full weight of the Jeep but I was pleasantly surprised anyway!

JLmartacus

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase