Sponsored

Anyone else annoyed by how soft the Jeep JL fenders are?

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
So this is more a venting post. Why is the dam fender plastic so soft and scratch so easy?? My dealer scratched my front fender pretty deep and replaced the fender for me. Now on one of the back fenders when I was putting my rear soft top windows on one night the hard plastic part of the windows rested against the fenders and left scratches and scuffs where it barley rubbed against it. I know I have to live with it and its super minor but just one of those things that bothers me for some reason.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The trick is to scratch the shit out of them. Then you won't care as much any more.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Haha yea. I'm sure as soon as I have a chance for a trip to run some trails I will forget all about it.
Since you are in Virginia, check out Big Levels/Bald Mountain trail. It's an easy trail and narrow enough to get you all pinstriped up in no time!

If you want to get out to some trails in the spring feel free to PM me.

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you are in Virginia, check out Big Levels/Bald Mountain trail. It's an easy trail and narrow enough to get you all pinstriped up in no time!

If you want to get out to some trails in the spring feel free to PM me.
I might take you up on that. I haven't been to any places since I went to Rausch Creek some years back and Red cloud I think it was called in Mananas VA when it was open. I would def like to try and get out to new spots this coming year.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I might take you up on that. I haven't been to any places since I went to Rausch Creek some years back and Red cloud I think it was called in Mananas VA when it was open. I would def like to try and get out to new spots this coming year.
We have a good group of guys that go out regularly all over the region. You are welcome any time.

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I like the fenders. Coffee holder, glove or shoe rack, kid holder (if small). Scratches? It's cheap plastic. Easy to replace, and bends in and then right back (mostly).

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
I like the fenders. Coffee holder, glove or shoe rack, kid holder (if small). Scratches? It's cheap plastic. Easy to replace, and bends in and then right back (mostly).
Good beer and tool holder too. Scratch them on the trails and forget about it I say.

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We have a good group of guys that go out regularly all over the region. You are welcome any time.
Yea that would be awesome. If you guys plan anything coming up def let me know.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
My thinking is that the fenders being easily scratched is the downside of them bouncing back to proper shape after taking a decent hit. They would otherwise crack from the same hit if they were hard enough to resist being scratched so easily.

I run a business that's down a thousand foot single track driveway. I always creep in and out trying to not raise too much dust, but it still didn't take long before the rear fenders collected a number of scratches and dings. For a moment it made me wanna kick the neighbor's cat, but it is what it is, and at least it was my own doing. If it were someone else's doing, my thinking would've gone beyond the cat. Haha! I know that mudflaps would help, but I'd rather the scratches over the sight of them on my Rubi.

Sponsored

Aesikidesi

First Name
Rubin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUA / RUFICON
Occupation
Data Analyst / IT Data Recovery
Vehicle Showcase
So this is more a venting post. Why is the dam fender plastic so soft and scratch so easy?? My dealer scratched my front fender pretty deep and replaced the fender for me. Now on one of the back fenders when I was putting my rear soft top windows on one night the hard plastic part of the windows rested against the fenders and left scratches and scuffs where it barley rubbed against it. I know I have to live with it and its super minor but just one of those things that bothers me for some reason.
That's why they invented decals. Slap a " I love big chicks" on it problem solved.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Soft fenders and straight body panels vs stiff fenders and body damage is one benefit I’ve thought about.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Like others, great tool and beverage holder. The trick is to scratch them up good before they start fading out.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm glad they have some flex. I would have broken mine a half dozen times otherwise.
Sponsored