Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The EPA has just published its fuel economy figures for 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited EcoDiesel V6.

The EcoDiesel Wrangler gets 29 mpg on the highway, 22 in the city, and 25 in combined driving. These figures are for the four-door model with an automatic, the only configuration offered with the 3.0L diesel engine.

Jeep Wrangler Ecodiesel MPG.png
Sponsored

OilBurnerHoldOut

First Name
Richard (Rich)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ford Edge, 76 Yamaha xs 500, and 89 Honda PC800
Occupation
UPS Worldport 1DA
Finally! Now, hopefully, production can begin on everyone's orders.

Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Is it worth trading in the 3.6l? Getting 18mpg currently. I'm about to lift and put 37's on the Rubi but the diesel would turn them so much better.... decisions decisions.

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
I need real world mpgs with a lift and 37”s ASAP!

Will be trading my gladiator for the diesel when it’s available and I need some stats to for the wife

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Finally! Finally we can put exact numbers in our various calculations and algorithms proving how the diesel has a higher total cost of ownership than the petrol engines. Truly, a red letter day.

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
Finally! Finally we can put exact numbers in our various calculations and algorithms proving how the diesel has a higher total cost of ownership than the petrol engines. Truly, a red letter day.
Big fan are ya?

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Big fan are ya?
Oh no, I’m indifferent. Until they offer the diesel with manual transmission and two doors, I won’t need those calculations and algorithms to make me feel better about not owning the diesel.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I don't care if it has a lifetime higher cost. I would not be getting a diesel to save money. It is all about range. I want to increase my backcountry range as much as possible. The diesel does that. Add an AUX tank, maybe a large OEM tank replacement, and the range would cover just about anything in the lower 48. Then, as I'm sure someone will say, just add Jerry Cans. Yep, and thus increase my diesel range even further.

Just waiting on the official real world owner driven reviews and the availability in the JT.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I don't care if it has a lifetime higher cost. I would not be getting a diesel to save money. It is all about range. I want to increase my backcountry range as much as possible. The diesel does that. Add an AUX tank, maybe a large OEM tank replacement, and the range would cover just about anything in the lower 48. Then, as I'm sure someone will say, just add Jerry Cans. Yep, and thus increase my diesel range even further.

Just waiting on the official real world owner driven reviews and the availability in the JT.
The problem is when you get to around 80K miles and it starts to tank and have all sorts of EGR/PF issues. ...

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
For me I could care less about the cost to be honest....newer Jeeps are expensive....it's all that torque to turn big tires without having to swap in a hemi or a LS for 30k+. I just need @Rock Krawler Suspension to snatch one up and put some 40's on it and see how she does!
Sponsored