OP
OP
GraniteRubi19

GraniteRubi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Rubicon
Was happy that warn was there to help me. He was heavy!!

3345666B-0088-4009-B85C-CDA06CC80AAF.jpeg
Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
Very nice, the rig & the bucks/turkey. I like the poison spider bumpers myself. I really like the idea of using the winch to pull the deer up & having that rack mounted up front. I had thought of something similar, but wondered how it would look/work. Thanks for showing me! No back surgeries, but I have lots if scar tissue in my back from several torn muscles, due to "occupational hazards".

So, nice to see how this looks & would work.

Lastly, those bucks are not as heavy when gutted. Got to give the opossum & coyote something to eat. ;)

OP
OP
GraniteRubi19

GraniteRubi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Rubicon
I genuinely hope it helps someone else. Makes the Jeep so handy. Like a Polaris ranger crew you drive to where you want to hunt. No need to gut a deer to clean. Haven’t gutted one in 20+ years

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
I genuinely hope it helps someone else. Makes the Jeep so handy. Like a Polaris ranger crew you drive to where you want to hunt. No need to gut a deer to clean. Haven’t gutted one in 20+ years
Looked back through this thread & I have another question for you.
Did you have to use a spacer lift for the front with the extra weight of the bumper & winch?
It doesn't look like the nose is dipped down. So, would be great to know if you didn't have to put a spacer on.
Thanks!

OP
OP
GraniteRubi19

GraniteRubi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Rubicon
I ended up not using a spacer. I initially thought I would when I had the poison spyder bumper up front and just the factory one on the the rear, but it leveled out when I put on the rear poison spyder bumper. Less than a quarter inch difference in fender gap from front to back and no rubbing even going over terraces loaded with deer.

Sponsored

Chief_Dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Stingray
I ended up not using a spacer. I initially thought I would when I had the poison spyder bumper up front and just the factory one on the the rear, but it leveled out when I put on the rear poison spyder bumper. Less than a quarter inch difference in fender gap from front to back and no rubbing even going over terraces loaded with deer.
That's awesome news. I was rather hoping that was the case. My JLUR will be used mainly the same as yours. Some daily driving, but mainly driving just to get to hunting & fishing locations, & some vacation traveling. But, that will be for getting to more fishing & hunting locations. Nice to know, as 35s should fill the bill for me as well. I just need right at 11.5-12 inches of ground clearance, so I am hoping not to need a lift & not to go over 35s.

Thanks again, good stuff here!:like:

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Great thread GraniteRubi19. Like you, I am not a rock crawler, just a hunter looking for a rig to get me where I want to hunt. These days, I haven't done any big game hunting in 7-8 years. I've taken to upland bird hunting with a pointer out west. I have a crewcab 4x4, but it's a monster in some places. The Jeep fits the bill pretty well.

I like your approach to mods. I looked at all the stuff out there and it just looks like so much weight. I want to keep it light. The front plastic bumper had to go in favor of an aluminum Rock Hard to accomodate a winch and some BD Squadron Pro lights. I did put some heavy steel rock sliders from Rock Hard on it. Sorta regret the weight of them. On the other hand, I removed the rear seat and put a platform in there for the dogs. I can fit a few shotguns in soft cases under it, plus room for a couple bird belts and some boxes of shells. I'm still thinking about how to better haul water for the dogs, a jack, shovel, axe, firstaid kit, etc.. I'm just using a blue cube jug for water now and would like to minimize the space it takes. I'm also thinking about a Tuffy tailgate lockbox/table.

For tires, I haven't decided to upgrade yet. I may run these BFGs til they're worn out and just get a 34" on stock wheels.

I replaced the trackbar with a SteerSmarts and it cured my wandering/loose feel. I have a pile of more of their stuff: tierod, draglink, and a Falcon damper, but I haven't installed it. I spent a lot of time getting it setup to tow behind the truck.

20190817_095252.jpg

20191022_152515.jpg

EugeneTheJeep

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
those with a positive offset would “tuck” and be just fine. Guess I’ll know soon enough when I start to flex over some AG terraces.
How did this work out in the end? Did you need a lift to avoid rubbing at max articulation / steering?

OP
OP
GraniteRubi19

GraniteRubi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Rubicon
How did this work out in the end? Did you need a lift to avoid rubbing at max articulation / steering?
Short answer = I haven’t had any problems, but I’m still not sure.

Long answer= I was either lucky or unfortunate, depending on how you look at it, to kill 2 bucks in 4 sits so I didn’t really get to give the Jeep a serious “season long test”. I had no issues with the areas I crossed and tried to put it in a few binds but don’t know if I ever reached “max articulation”. I’ve stayed out of the area out of respect for the other guys in my lease and don’t have the same challenges at my farm where I’m now hunting with my kids. I’ll let you know if I end up finding out somewhere else or if I get into something good during turkey season this spring.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I added a cutdown atv fairlead to the top of the bullbar and a front receiver through the skid plate to attach a rack I fabbed up out of lightweight aluminum to help me load up and transport deer. I just run the rope over top through the atv fairlead and it takes all the weight of the deer. I just have to do a little guiding.

B5905B7F-8C33-4DDC-8A9D-1838C4D327DE.jpeg

F3EE3405-2B62-4631-B7E8-1661D145EA45.jpeg

CFB93AA2-2A98-487E-BC08-BEB8FF7F9FF2.jpeg
is that front hitch an option on the aftermarket bumper or a separate item?

Sponsored

OP
OP
GraniteRubi19

GraniteRubi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Rubicon
Had to fab the hitch to work with the poison spyder bumper, but there are commercial bolt on options available that work with the factory bumper

tims94

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
So I went through 102 pages on the granite page and out of a thousand Granite JL's, I like your stance the best. I saw where someone already requested wheel tire sizes. Yours is one of my favorites.

OP
OP
GraniteRubi19

GraniteRubi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Rubicon
So I went through 102 pages on the granite page and out of a thousand Granite JL's, I like your stance the best. I saw where someone already requested wheel tire sizes. Yours is one of my favorites.
Wow!! Thanks!! Did you get all the info you need?

tims94

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
Wow!! Thanks!! Did you get all the info you need?
I think so. I have about another month or so before I can even order mine. I will not be using it for offroading. But I think I'm going to try 33's at first and then move to 35's like yours. You have an incredible jeep. Not too much-just enough to make it yours..

OP
OP
GraniteRubi19

GraniteRubi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Rubicon
Go straight to 35s if you don’t plan on lifting. Otherwise lift, and go straight to 37s.

switch em out right away and get top dollar for your take offs and get to enjoying the Jeep the way you want
Sponsored