wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
How much tow in are you running. Heavier tires require a little more tow in. What PSI are you running in the tires for normal driving?

I have installed five of the Rancho lifts and have not had any of these problems. I wonder if the shop loosened all the control arm bolts to install the lift or if they just used a spring compressor to get the coils in. I would check to ensure the right springs are in the right location on the jeep. I would also loosen all the control arm bolts and re torque them. And make sure the springs are seated in the pads correctly.
Sponsored

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I also have that problem on my 2018 JL Rubicon.. I put a Mopar 2 inch lift which is about 3 when its installed. I had 37 12.50 17 Nitto ridge grapplers and it drove so straight for ever it seemed. I put 37 12.50 cooper stt pros and now it wonders to the right if i let go of the steering wheel. I don't know if i should go with adjustable track bar or control arms or correction brackets. what do you i should go with ? And my alignment is spot on . Wife wont even drive it anymore its wonders so bad to the right
Move the tires around I have the same issue with same tires.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Move the tires around I have the same issue with same tires.
Okay thank you I will check that stuff out a lot of people are saying it's going to the water tire and there's nothing to adjust I'm alignment because I have no. I just will track bar or control arms don't know how true that is

OP
OP
AuburnRubicon

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Professional User of Common Sense
I also have that problem on my 2018 JL Rubicon.. I put a Mopar 2 inch lift which is about 3 when its installed. I had 37 12.50 17 Nitto ridge grapplers and it drove so straight for ever it seemed. I put 37 12.50 cooper stt pros and now it wonders to the right if i let go of the steering wheel. I don't know if i should go with adjustable track bar or control arms or correction brackets. what do you i should go with ? And my alignment is spot on . Wife wont even drive it anymore its wonders so bad to the right
I added Steer Smarts draglink, tie rod, and steering stabilizer up front. That straightened me up and completely banished my mushy steering!! I already had a MetalCloak adjustable track bar. My alignment is not perfect, even though the pull is gone. I am adding Rock Krawler adjustable lower control arms up front and an adjustable rear track bar as well (already have adjustable upper and lower rear CA's). Maybe then my alignment will be spot on.

You may want to have your tires checked. Since they are the same size as the Nittos, they should behave about the same. Radial pull has been known to be an issue on tires like the STT Pro, Trail Grappler, and Open Country MT.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I added Steer Smarts draglink, tie rod, and steering stabilizer up front. That straightened me up and completely banished my mushy steering!! I already had a MetalCloak adjustable track bar. My alignment is not perfect, even though the pull is gone. I am adding Rock Krawler adjustable lower control arms up front and an adjustable rear track bar as well (already have adjustable upper and lower rear CA's). Maybe then my alignment will be spot on.

You may want to have your tires checked. Since they are the same size as the Nittos, they should behave about the same. Radial pull has been known to be an issue on tires like the STT Pro, Trail Grappler, and Open Country MT.
They're both 37s but the nittos ridge grapplers were 12:50 the SST pros are 13.50s So1inch wider makes a difference they say because it's more meat on the ground. So before buying adjustable control arms a friend of mine gave me teraflex fixed control arms lower front and even though they're not adjustable they are half a inch longer than the ones that came with my Mopar lift. But half an inch longer should give me one more degree in Castor shouldnt it or not ? Would that help

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
They're both 37s but the nittos ridge grapplers were 12:50 the SST pros are 13.50s So1inch wider makes a difference they say because it's more meat on the ground. So before buying adjustable control arms a friend of mine gave me teraflex fixed control arms lower front and even though they're not adjustable they are half a inch longer than the ones that came with my Mopar lift. But half an inch longer should give me one more degree in Castor shouldnt it or not ? Would that help
I’m going to try and resurrect this feed.

How did the Teraflex fixed arms work for you. I finally got my lift installed and noticed the pull and my steering seems a little sloppy. I knew LCAs or geo brackets where going to be a possibility before hand.
Now I’m trying to decide on fixed or adjustable. I know I’m not going any higher. It’s right where I want it for my adventures and I’m perfectly happy with this lift just need to correct this issue to bring my steering back to stock(ish). I had a local shop(well trusted) install as I didn’t have a whole day to spare and though I understand the process I’ve never done a lift before.

my thoughts:
start with loosing the LCA bolts to re torque to eliminate any bindings in the bushings, I would hope a shop would know that the wig ehh that of the vehicle needs to be on ground. If this doesn’t work replace LCAs.
I do wheel, nothing hardcore as this is also a DD. So I’m looking into what kind of LCAs trying and keep the cost down.
@wibornz if you could pipe in I’d be grateful, you helped me decide on the Rancho lift and you seem to have a good grasp on answering questions with logic and not just the with need to go by x brand that cost $$$$.
Thanks in advance and Happy 4th everyone!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
They did not work I put adjustable control arms and it helps a lot.

OP
OP
AuburnRubicon

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Professional User of Common Sense
I no longer have the issue. The fix? I ditched the Rancho kit in favor of a Rock Krawler 3.5" setup.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
So I just put my Jeep/lift through a 200+ mile day trip and it handled great through the mountains at various speeds even hit a heavy storm with some nasty winds from all different directions as we winded our way through the mountains. Only issue I've noticed was in town driving (DD) <40 mph there seams to be a bit more bump steer and wandering. Also, I do need to get under it to straighten up my steering wheel a bit.

Will the longer LCA's help with this scenario?
Sponsored