willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

Update: on my drive home today, the signals just started working. No message on the dash. No hyperblink. No problems at all.

Then no more than 10 minutes into my drive, they stopped working again. First the right went out and I got a message on the Screen. Then the left went out. I don’t get it.

Does the Tazer fix all of this nonsense? Anyone else experience this where it works, then doesn’t work?
That is the failure mode. I had the exact same problem. The Tazer JL fixes it. This is a software setting problem.
Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
That is the failure mode. I had the exact same problem. The Tazer JL fixes it. This is a software setting problem.
That is good to know but at the same time frustrating as you have to buy the Tazer JL. This is clearly something the dealership should be able to do. I've emailed Jeep and awaiting their response.

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
FINALLY GOT IT ALL WORKING! So it was exactly the same as your experience, had to contact the Regional FCA office, have them Add the Sales Code LPX to the VIN, and then have the local Dealership Reconfigure the BCM (Flash)... So now, not only do my Halo’s work, but the reconfigure also fixed my Fender LED DRL/Turns that I had retroactively installed, and they are no longer giving me light warnings. I now have the full LED Package as installed by the factory, LED Headlamps w/Halo’s, LED Fogs, LED DRL/Turns (Fender), and LED Taillights. Way more expensive than buying it already built that way, but I didn’t have to wait month’s for an order to be built, etc.

Thanks @Dom for the insight and making me not feel crazy about the process that I was being told to go through by the company that I bought the kit from.

Also, HUGE shout out to Benny @ www.JeepsAreUs.com as he was the one that actually reached out and contacted the Regional FCA office for me, and made sure that I got a working set of lights, as I had expected when I bought them. His customer service at www.JeepsAreUs.com was so far above and beyond, and I really appreciate it!

@StingGrayJL77 This is good information and thank you for sharing.

I upgraded my OEM Halogens headlights to the OEM LED headlights on my Sport S (dealership did the install) no problems.

Now I'd like to upgrade to the OEM DRLs. I messaged my dealership the information you shared and he responded " interesting, but not sure what or who regional office would be. and went to to suggest I contact the 800 customer care."

Frustrating!

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great, thanks. Does the LPX code only need to be done once and cover all LED lights. For example, I’ll have headlights next week but not DRL and fogs. If the code is added now will the DRLs work when I plug them in, or need another flash? Thanks
Did you receive an answer? Im doing the same - had my OEM Halogen headlights upgraded to the OEM LEDs now want to upgrade the DRLs! My dealership told me they have had nothing but problems and have not been very successful at adding the LED DRLs to a Sport S

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same question here. I don't have a taser. I had the dealer install the LED headlights and LED foglights. I already had the LED taillights from the factory (part of safety package). The halos on the dealer-installed headlights work as DRLs, and the non-LED fender lights are now on as DRLs too when the Halos are on. I had no DRLs before the dealer install of headlights and fog lights. I believe this is all expected. So - wondering what happens if I add the LED fender lights myself. I suspect it needs a BCM flash as suggested by others. I've also read other threads (e.g. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/bcm-oem-codes-and-programming.35331/#post-846862) noting that although the dealers have codes for the LED headlights and fog lights, they don't have them for the fender DRLs. I will check with the dealer on Monday, since this post -- https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...factory-upgrade-kit.31897/page-25#post-891601 -- suggests otherwise. P.S. After the dealer install of the above, the "YOUR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT" page of the My Jeep app now shows:

DEALER
- Front LED Fog Lamps
- LED Reflector Headlamps

as expected, and they work great. Cost a small fortune but I'm happy with them.

where do you find the "YOUR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT" in the MyJeep app? im using iOS

Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can Some please help me and explain to me what if did wrong? I triple check the wiring for my LED headlights kit on my 2018 JL unlimited sport and don’t wanna turn in also took it to get it program and nothing & I also put the fenders LED and they work fine but when you use the turning signals the white LED turns off then turns back one. If anyone could help will appreciate it! Email me at [email protected] for a quick response
Sent you an email as I had a question about your turn signals

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

That is good to know but at the same time frustrating as you have to buy the Tazer JL. This is clearly something the dealership should be able to do. I've emailed Jeep and awaiting their response.
You are "preaching to the choir" here! I have been extremely vocal about the stupidity of this. It makes no sense. Jeep puts these parts on in the factory, and they work from the factory. The wiring is no different. Mopar even puts these parts into a kit, and Mopar certifies that these kits work on OUR Jeeps... but they don't! The problem is, Jeep won't give the code to Mopar. Jeep won't give an explanation as to why. I have spoken with @JeepCares over the phone about this, and they gave me ZERO resolution.

I did take the code for the fender LEDs (not LPX, can't remember which one it was) to my dealer. My dealer stated that it would lower the voltage to any of my non LED lights (of which I have none at this point), and if they did it, it would not be covered under warranty if there was a problem.

Crap support from the dealer. Crap support from Jeep.

The Tazer JL makes it work. However, that isn't covered by Jeep either...

I keep thinking I should take this to NHTSA.. as putting this "supported kit" on my Jeep makes it non roadworthy.

Last edited:

jeepfan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
Did you receive an answer? Im doing the same - had my OEM Halogen headlights upgraded to the OEM LEDs now want to upgrade the DRLs! My dealership told me they have had nothing but problems and have not been very successful at adding the LED DRLs to a Sport S
LPX will enable the halos on the headlights. Dealer was not able to make the DRL or blinkers work. I had to buy a Tazer, all works great now.

3GunJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just installed my Mopar LED Headlight kit today. I guess I was really lucky in that all i had to do to activate my DRLs was to use my Taser. Just went through the menu to lighting and chose yes for Halo. They turned on and have stayed on through several engine on/off cycles. 2019 JLUR.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I just installed my Mopar LED Headlight kit today. I guess I was really lucky in that all i had to do to activate my DRLs was to use my Taser. Just went through the menu to lighting and chose yes for Halo. They turned on and have stayed on through several engine on/off cycles. 2019 JLUR.
My 2020 sport S with no LED package has the wire for the halos from the factory as well. When I upgraded to aftermarket LED headlights, I added a terminal to the connector on the headlight side and fed the Halo lead into it. Worked great once enabling the halos with Tazer. I wonder if at some point FCA updated wiring and all configs have the Halo wire now?

Sponsored

lfisgood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
If you upgrade to the LED headlights, enable halos, DRL, turn signals, etc. and set all settings with Tazer JL, can you remove it and keep everything working or you have to keep it plugged in forever?

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

If you upgrade to the LED headlights, enable halos, DRL, turn signals, etc. and set all settings with Tazer JL, can you remove it and keep everything working or you have to keep it plugged in forever?
once you set the settings that you need, you can unplug the Tazer and be done, until the dealer does something dumb and you need to get in there and put the settings back. There are some cool “live features” on the Tazer that you need to keep it plugged in to do, such as defeating ESS.

lfisgood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
How much does a dealer normally charge to do the headlight upgrade entirely?

I've been dealing with a bunch of morons all day here at Dulles Motorcars. They want $945 for the headlights and $410 to install it, total of $1355. Few weeks ago I was given a different number of $1200. Parts department and Service department hadn't even heard of the Mopar upgrade kit, so at this point I don't even trust them to do the install because of all of the "known issues" that they might know about. I know I can do it myself for a lot cheaper, but thinking about selling the car in a year or so. I'm concerned it won't work for long if I do it myself and take the Tazer out later.

willcasp

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Clubs

How much does a dealer normally charge to do the headlight upgrade entirely?

I've been dealing with a bunch of morons all day here at Dulles Motorcars. They want $945 for the headlights and $410 to install it, total of $1355. Few weeks ago I was given a different number of $1200. Parts department and Service department hadn't even heard of the Mopar upgrade kit, so at this point I don't even trust them to do the install because of all of the "known issues" that they might know about. I know I can do it myself for a lot cheaper, but thinking about selling the car in a year or so. I'm concerned it won't work for long if I do it myself and take the Tazer out later.
That is about what I paid my dealer to install the kit. I had to purchase the kit from Quadratec, as the dealer parts guy couldn't seem to figure out how to do it. They had a kit on order for another customer for over a year. The kit part number had changed,so that may have had something to do with it.

There are two well documented issues that seem to be the trip up points, other than that, the kit has everything you need. If the instructions are followed, the kit works just fine. The install involves modifying the wiring harness, which is why I let my dealer do it. It has been working fine for about six months now, so I guess I am good to go.

To save you some time, here are the two issues. 1) The halo's don't work because the dealer didn't update the sales code. This can be checked with the Tazer, or you can remind the dealer to check this. The sales code that needs to be used and the method to do the update are documented in the instructions. 2) (This is the one that got me).. the image of the wiring harness in the first two editions of the instructions has the connector inverted. The text and descriptions of the pinouts are correct. If the tech just looks at the picture, and plugs the left into the left, and right into the right.. they will get it backwards. If they read the instructions that tell you which pin to put where, they will get it right.

Basically, follow the instructions to the letter, and the install will go correctly.

I had to take mine in FOUR times to get it working.. Told the dealer in email all four times about these two issues.. they finally figured out the second one on their own... (then I pointed out that I had documented this exact thing in the email four times...)

Good luck with it! I love the lights. They work significantly better than the stock ones.
Sponsored