Sponsored

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
The yellow Rubicon didn’t come with the red dash...

Euro JEEP

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Rubicon has the 31” BFG Mud tires and turn light signal in the side mirrors.
Basically all identical to the Chinese version vĂ­deo i once posted here.

Still would like to know details on transfer cases, differentials, axle ratios, diff lockers and/or limited slip, engine performance.
Manley did not say anything about the petrol engine being mild hibrid so I guess it is just a 2,0L turbo gas only.

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Hood’s different on the Sahara too; and man that bumper is fugly and freakin long !!! Could be used as a picnic table though ! Lol

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
Interior picture of Rubicon shows the full time 4x4
Yes, once again they state that

"Both systems feature the new Selec-Trac full-time two-speed transfer case for a continuous monitoring and management of the torque sent to front and rear wheels."

Either another mistake or the EU rubicon has selec-trac besides rock-trac, which would question why they wouldn't offer this in the US?

Sponsored

OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and waiting for JLU
It has that CJ style bonnet which is not available in USA
Standard fenders, not high ones. This was expected to fit both the eurobumper
Hood’s different on the Sahara too; and man that bumper is fugly and freakin long !!! Could be used as a picnic table though ! Lol
On Sahara the only difference seem to be the presence of the air vents, isn't it?

The Rubicon hood looks the same to me from the press release pictures. Only the fenders are higher on the US version.

biedert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future owner of a Wrangler JLU
Who's going to be present at Geneva International Motor Show? It would be nice to have some pictures and information directly from the show. I really hope they will not push orders and delivery in EU for end of 2018 - beginning of 2019.
I'll be there on Saturday. Let me know if you have some special questions or need a detail shot of something!

sdcrd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler crd
I'll be there on Saturday. Let me know if you have some special questions or need a detail shot of something!
Can you please confirm which transfer case is in the Rubicon? Much confusion going around after pictures and press release state that the Rubicon has a full time Selec-Trac system. Thanks in advance!

biedert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you please confirm which transfer case is in the Rubicon? Much confusion going around after pictures and press release state that the Rubicon has a full time Selec-Trac system. Thanks in advance!
It's on the list ;)

OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As many detailed pictures as possible (I'm more interested in the Rubicon version) :) And although I doubt they will give price information, it worth asking a question about pricing.

Sponsored

biedert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As many detailed pictures as possible (I'm more interested in the Rubicon version) :) And although I doubt they will give price information, it worth asking a question about pricing.
I'll do my best :)

Limey

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Hydro JKU 3.6
So no more Pentastar then for Europe; which kind of makes sense since the 4 banger turbo is around now.

OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, one more from me if it's possible and you don't mind (btw, thanks a lot for willing to take "our voice" with you in there): would it be possible to order a Wrangler in Europe with factory lift kit and/or other original mechanical add-ons?

biedert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, one more from me if it's possible and you don't mind (btw, thanks a lot for willing to take "our voice" with you in there): would it be possible to order a Wrangler in Europe with factory lift kit and/or other original mechanical add-ons?
No problem, it's on the list :)

OP
OP

StefanV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've read the press release again. I may be wrong here, but my feeling is that they are trying to (re)use terms in different contexts. In the press release they are referring the available 4x4 systems as a whole (i.e. transfer case, lockers, etc) as rock-track and command-track, while the transfer case alone is referred as selec-track.

It may be a mistake, but it may also be a departure from the old nomenclature. Confusing, indeed!
Sponsored