Wire for oem led halo on headlights.

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
I wanted to use one of the wires I’ve seen floating around that allows you to tap a fuse instead of installing headlight halos through the firewall. 1.) are there any drawbacks to this method? 2.) who can I get one from? Trying to get one delivered by this coming Thursday...installing on 2020 gladiator.
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to use one of the wires I’ve seen floating around that allows you to tap a fuse instead of installing headlight halos through the firewall. 1.) are there any drawbacks to this method? 2.) who can I get one from? Trying to get one delivered by this coming Thursday...installing on 2020 gladiator.
If you're looking for one of these, I don't know of any drawbacks. The Oracle Oculus headlights ship with one (and a fuse) for the halos.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFXA5YQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
OP

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
The ones I saw are like 200 bucks and you don’t need to flash....I have a tazer so that part doesn’t matter for me. Would this be all it takes?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
The ones I saw are like 200 bucks and you don’t need to flash....I have a tazer so that part doesn’t matter for me. Would this be all it takes?
A wire to tap into the fuse box wouldn't cost that much. Are you looking for a harness?

OP
OP

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
A wire to tap into the fuse box wouldn't cost that much. Are you looking for a harness?
Honestly I’m not really sure. I’m not the best with this stuff and the regular install seemed like it was giving people fits. I bought some sort of wire from a person on the forum from headlighthaven.(see picture) this is supposed to allow you to plug in the lights and run the halo wire to fuse box instead of through the firewall and needing to remove fender parts etc. I was hoping I wouldn’t need it and I can just splice the kit wire to the fuse box since I have a tazor but I’m having a hard time getting the info I need so I’m just gonna take the hit I guess.

4F97184C-D33D-4D27-9322-CC3A173055E9.png

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I think I get it now... I misunderstood; I thought you were only looking for the fuse tap. You're adding halos and you're not expecting to pay $250 for a harness (I'm assuming your JT has LED headlights). I think you'd have to tap into the fuse box regardless; if there's a way to do this with the Tazer I'm not aware of it. Have you checked the lighting sub-thread?

OP
OP

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
I think I get it now... I misunderstood; I thought you were only looking for the fuse tap. You're adding halos and you're not expecting to pay $250 for a harness (I'm assuming your JT has LED headlights). I think you'd have to tap into the fuse box regardless; if there's a way to do this with the Tazer I'm not aware of it. Have you checked the lighting sub-thread?
I’m swapping out from halogen to led they just put into the stock harness but the halo wire goes in through the firewall and plugs into behind the glove box. I’m hoping to avoid that and just go to the box under the hood

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I’m swapping out from halogen to led they just put into the stock harness but the halo wire goes in through the firewall and plugs into behind the glove box. I’m hoping to avoid that and just go to the box under the hood
Why couldn't you just wire the halos to a circuit that is live anytime the ignition is on? I don't think you need to buy a harness, just a roll of wire and some terminal ends. Just make sure to buy the terminals that have shrink tubing on them. There are unused circuits in the fusebox under the hood.

OP
OP

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
Why couldn't you just wire the halos to a circuit that is live anytime the ignition is on? I don't think you need to buy a harness, just a roll of wire and some terminal ends. Just make sure to buy the terminals that have shrink tubing on them. There are unused circuits in the fusebox under the hood.
That’s what I’m thinking but I don’t have the knowledge to do this unfortunately....

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
John,
Yu are still going to have to add a connector and wire to your headlight harness as the Halo wire is not present in a Halogen headlight Jeep. if you look at the connectors at the top of the picture you posted you can see the one black wire going to the connector, that is the halo wire that harness adds along with the anti-flicker and bulb out fix. Your stock headlight harness plugs into the connectors on the bottom of the picture.
HTH
Gregj

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
John,
Yu are still going to have to add a connector and wire to your headlight harness as the Halo wire is not present in a Halogen headlight Jeep. if you look at the connectors at the top of the picture you posted you can see the one black wire going to the connector, that is the halo wire that harness adds along with the anti-flicker and bulb out fix. Your stock headlight harness plugs into the connectors on the bottom of the picture.
HTH
Gregj
I purchased the upgrade kit so my understanding is the lights plug right into the factory harness. Then I have a wire that plugs into the lights for the halos. This wire gets run back through the fender through the fire wall and plugs in to a harness there. Can I just plug that wire into my fuse box instead? I do have a tazer coming as well if that matters

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you bought the Mopar kit then you have the wire's you just need to add them to the connectors as per the instructions then you can use a fuse tap to connect them to a fuse that is hot in ACC and Run.

Gregj

OP
OP

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
If you bought the Mopar kit then you have the wire's you just need to add them to the connectors as per the instructions then you can use a fuse tap to connect them to a fuse that is hot in ACC and Run.

Gregj
Okay so your saying with my kit I don’t have to plug the halo light into the behind the glove box harness? I can use a fuse tap to install it? Is there any negatives to this method? Is there a specific fuse tap I need? Sorry I’m brand new at all this stuff but willing to learn.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess the only negative to using a fuse tap is you can’t turn them “off” they will be on anytime the ignition is in Acc or run. I don’t have my Jeep near me right now but I think most people use F57 or 58 which is the fuse for heated seats. The fuse tap linked above from Amazon is the one you need.

Gregj

Jeepneck

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepnecks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2005 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)
Occupation
Real Estate Professional
Vehicle Showcase
I guess the only negative to using a fuse tap is you can’t turn them “off” they will be on anytime the ignition is in Acc or run. I don’t have my Jeep near me right now but I think most people use F57 or 58 which is the fuse for heated seats. The fuse tap linked above from Amazon is the one you need.

Gregj
Can I use the Heated Seat fuse(s) if I have heated seats?
Sponsored