Sponsored

Charlotte, NC Area - Shops

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there fellow North Carolinians. I've tried the search feature but can't find what I'm looking for. I'm a newer transplant to the Charlotte area from Cincinnati and would love to get some recommendations on good shops in the Charlotte area.

I've done some googling and both Primal 4x4 and Tarheel 4WD have gotten a lot of positive feedback/reviews, but would really like to hear some personal experiences. Thanks, all!
Sponsored

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Hey there fellow North Carolinians. I've tried the search feature but can't find what I'm looking for. I'm a newer transplant to the Charlotte area from Cincinnati and would love to get some recommendations on good shops in the Charlotte area.

I've done some googling and both Primal 4x4 and Tarheel 4WD have gotten a lot of positive feedback/reviews, but would really like to hear some personal experiences. Thanks, all!
4WP in Charlotte is the staple place so ive heard, new to the area as well and one day have to make the trip there -

https://www.4wheelparts.com/

Reactions: apb
OP
OP
apb

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
4WP in Charlotte is the staple place so ive heard, new to the area as well and one day have to make the trip there -

https://www.4wheelparts.com/
Thanks, Chris. I've dealt with 4WP in the past in other regions of the US and discovered that there can be quite a bit of disparity in terms of quality and customer service among the shops.

Fortunately I have had really good experiences overall with the chain, hopefully the Charlotte shop is no exception.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

@chevymitchell can do pretty much anything you need him to do. He’s swapped gears in his JLUR, he’s currently doing a F/R axle swap for another member. He takes pride in his work and it shows.

He’s in Kernersville, so it would be a little bit of a drive. However, I think it would be worth it for you.

OP
OP
apb

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info, I have no problem driving a little further for quality work and good people.

Sponsored

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
May want to check out stacked off-road. Small shop on the huntersville side of Denver on 73. I generally do my own wrenching but Diesel has been pretty cool the couple of times I’ve stopped in there to chat.

OP
OP
apb

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for that info, I've heard really good things about his shop and him as a person too.

Sharkbite22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Hey, fellow Huntersville JL here!

Freedom 4WD in Mt. Holly is also very good. They did a great job on my 488 gear swap.

LKNOJ

First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Another recommendation for Freedom 4WD. They did my Teraflex lift and were great to work with.

harleypap57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Occupation
Flight Communications for Medical Helicopter
Vehicle Showcase

I take mine to Outlaw Offroad & 4X4 in High Point, NC to have all my work done. It's about 75 minutes from my house in Mooresville but Doug Langford and his shop does great work. If your looking for something close either Stacked Offroad in Denver or Primal are good choices.

Reactions: apb

Sponsored

OP
OP
apb

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I take mine to Outlaw Offroad & 4X4 in High Point, NC to have all my work done. It's about 75 minutes from my house in Mooresville but Doug Langford and his shop does great work. If your looking for something close either Stacked Offroad in Denver or Primal are good choices.
Thanks, Steve. I've heard really good things about Outlaw as well. It's great to hear we have some really good options in the area.

Sentinel

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any recommendations for powder coating parts in the Charlotte area? I bought a rear bumper and tire carrier that needs painting.

harleypap57

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara JL
Occupation
Flight Communications for Medical Helicopter
Vehicle Showcase
Any recommendations for powder coating parts in the Charlotte area? I bought a rear bumper and tire carrier that needs painting.
I've used Race City Powder Coating in Mooresville and had great success with them.

BrianJLU

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Nice list.
I’ll be looking to install a lift in a few weeks so this is handy.
Sponsored