Hydroboy35th

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Vermont uses more salt than my wife. I have to spray it down everyday . This is the before pic, just driving to ski area 7 miles . You all know what it looks like after .....
IMG_0862.JPG
Haha I feel your pain! Salt in my part of Ohio is really bad also. My place of employment is even worse they are so worried about somebody falling and suing them that they basically turn the parking lot into a gravel pit of salt.

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
It isn't what I did to my jeep, but what the dealership did to my jeep. I took her in for an oil change, tire rotation, squeeky breaks, a bad key fob, and a recall on the steering stabilizer. I left the dealership with my daughter in the car and once I hit 30 my jeep fish tailed, scaring us pretty good. Thought maybe I hit a wet patch or something, but that had never happened before. Got up to about 30 and it happened again. Turned around to head back to the dealership, and called my wife to come back. They explained that a couple of the bolts were lose (and that they should not have been loosened in the first place), but I was good to go. Luckily I made my daughter ride with my wife. On the way home I noticed something didn't feel right. Thinking perhaps it was wind and rain. I made a slow turn and got the death wobble (that was a first). So luckily I was worried and only going about 30 in a 55 zone, and all the traffic around me had passed. When I heard a loud bang, my car started bouncing, I lost control and skid back and forth on the highway, gained some control and got off the highway. My wheel had completely come off the jeep.
Jeep Dealers response this morning was "We didn't touch your wheels"
My response "How did you fix my breaks and rotate my tires without removing my wheels"
Jeep "I am sorry sir, there is no work order for the breaks or tire rotation. We have cameras and unfortunately your car was out of their view."
Me "Well good for me that I have the memory stick from my blackview camera here with me. I will let you know what I find as soon as I get the player loaded on my work computer."
15 minutes later they call back
Jeep "Sir we wanted to let you know we got to the bottom of it. I called the guys in and told them the customer had a camera in the vehicle, and I need to know what happened. I found out who worked on the car. They made an unintentional mistake when rotating your wheels. We will order you a new wheel, tire, and do a full inspection and fix and replace anything else that was damaged"
I am still cooling down, so have not decided how else to proceed (suggestions!?).. At this point I don't trust them at all. I know that I will be taking her to a mechanic I trust when they are done.
(side story: after we got home and I was changing out of wet clothes, my youngest daughter started screaming bloody murder. Her sister came up from behind her and spun the chair throwing her out. We spent the rest of the night in the ER with her and a broken Clavicle.

Tought to see, but somehow the wheel stayed in the wheel well completely detached.

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
It isn't what I did to my jeep, but what the dealership did to my jeep. I took her in for an oil change, tire rotation, squeeky breaks, a bad key fob, and a recall on the steering stabilizer. I left the dealership with my daughter in the car and once I hit 30 my jeep fish tailed, scaring us pretty good. Thought maybe I hit a wet patch or something, but that had never happened before. Got up to about 30 and it happened again. Turned around to head back to the dealership, and called my wife to come back. They explained that a couple of the bolts were lose (and that they should not have been loosened in the first place), but I was good to go. Luckily I made my daughter ride with my wife. On the way home I noticed something didn't feel right. Thinking perhaps it was wind and rain. I made a slow turn and got the death wobble (that was a first). So luckily I was worried and only going about 30 in a 55 zone, and all the traffic around me had passed. When I heard a loud bang, my car started bouncing, I lost control and skid back and forth on the highway, gained some control and got off the highway. My wheel had completely come off the jeep.
My response "How did you fix my breaks and rotate my tires without removing my wheels"
Jeep "I am sorry sir, there is no work order for the breaks or tire rotation. We have cameras and unfortunately your car was out of their view."
Me "Well good for me that I have the memory stick from my blackview camera here with me. I will let you know what I find as soon as I get the player loaded on my work computer."
Jeep "Sir we wanted to let you know we got to the bottom of it. I called the guys in and told them the customer had a camera in the vehicle, and I need to know what happened. I found out who worked on the car. They made an unintentional mistake when rotating your wheels. We will order you a new wheel, tire, and do a full inspection and fix and replace anything else that was damaged"
I am still cooling down, so have not decided how else to proceed (suggestions!?).. At this point I don't trust them at all. I know that I will be taking her to a mechanic I trust when they are done.
(side story: after we got home and I was changing out of wet clothes, my youngest daughter started screaming bloody murder. Her sister came up from behind her and spun the chair throwing her out. We spent the rest of the night in the ER with her and a broken Clavicle.

Tought to see, but somehow the wheel stayed in the wheel well completely detached.

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg

J.F.C.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg
I’d still be cooling down. Wow.

I hope your daughter is feeling ok.

Darter02

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ronlutzii-photographer.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Photographer

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg

WTF?!? What dreadful service!! What dealership?

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Haha I feel your pain! Salt in my part of Ohio is really bad also. My place of employment is even worse they are so worried about somebody falling and suing them that they basically turn the parking lot into a gravel pit of salt.
I don’t even drive my Jeep to work in the winter.

E7E5CCDA-F1AB-45F9-8D4D-9B62377B086E.jpeg

22F39781-D037-4B1F-8F7B-EBE993BC9596.jpeg

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
It’s bad enough to have a dealership do shitty work but when something disastrous happens to deny work they did is beyond ridiculous. I would take it somewhere you trust and send the dealer the bill.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
Vermont uses more salt than my wife. I have to spray it down everyday . This is the before pic, just driving to ski area 7 miles . You all know what it looks like after .....
IMG_0862.JPG
2 words:

....mud and flaps.

Will greatly help that spray

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg
Geez! Glad you are okay.

IMO, the part in bold —above— is a symptom of what’s wrong with dealers: everyone, from the manager down to the guy washing cars, is pushed to crank out mindlessly vehicles through the shop. Everyone is focused on their own little task and that’s it; no one is making sure the right things are being done and, worse, no one is making sure that things are being done right.

It is a miracle there are no more accidents out there. One has to wonder how many other things they are doing to our Jeeps that we are not even aware of.