First look at production 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbo Hurricane engine

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep SRT Red Vapor, 2015 Jeep GC High Altitude Hemi 4x4
I ordered a Rubicon Unlimited today with the 2.0. its going to be an awesome drivetrain.
Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon jl
Do like this engine for performance over v6

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered a Rubicon Unlimited today with the 2.0. its going to be an awesome drivetrain.
Do you plan to go on Trails why did you order turbo over v6 thinking about doing same thing. Help can’t decide which engine feel I am giving up balls on trails don’t want to feel I am driving a lexus or a mall driver

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you plan to go on Trails why did you order turbo over v6 thinking about doing same thing. Help can’t decide which engine feel I am giving up balls on trails don’t want to feel I am driving a lexus or a mall driver
The 2.0 will have more torque off road. I plan on wheeling the heck out of this rubicon and that's exactly why I go the 2.0. Its going to be the sweet spot between the 3.6 and the Diesel.

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 2.0 will have more torque off road. I plan on wheeling the heck out of this rubicon and that's exactly why I go the 2.0. Its going to be the sweet spot between the 3.6 and the Diesel.
K got it you convinced me

Sponsored

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a cramped engine bay in a slow moving off-road vehicle, cooling will be an issue for all of them, but turbos are particularly impacted by heat.
Going to buy Rubicon in 2 weeks would you go with V6 or 2.0 turbo for performance and power and off road capabilities

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyway, we got a bit off topic. Sorry to both of you.

What I was trying to say here is that people shouldn't just buy the V6 out of habit because that's been the best option up until now. People pre-ordering the v-6 could be making a mistake.

My preference is going to be the diesel, but it sounds like I might have to buy one of the gas engines if I want the 2-door.
What do you think of turbo 2.0 do you like nit over the v6

BaldEagle

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, I should take care of a nickname earlier. We've met already on the web.

I don't know driver's habits in the North America but here in Europe no way that you will end up with less fuel efficiency with 2.0 turbo compared to gigantic naturally aspirated V6. Also turbo 4 has way more power where it matters.

2.0 turbo with 300 or more is usually an expensive or performance engine. So take a look at Jaguar's 25t models, BMW's 25i, 28i or 30i, similar with Merc or Audi. All are topped by Alfa which has 2.0 280 HP engine in the line-up. And that 2.0 is a cousin of this one inside of Wrangler.
So you like the 2.0 turbo for Rubicon over the v6

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
What do you think of turbo 2.0 do you like nit over the v6
I understand you are looking for a lot of opinions as you have posted this question all over the place but please understand that this engine has not been released. Nobody here has any actual experience with it. At this time it is all speculation. Until it is released and people get to run it through it's paces it really is just opinion with nothing concrete to support any statements.

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
every engine is a bit different + a clean sheet build is a crap shoot!! "do you feel lucky punk" did i fire 6 or did i fire five!!! that sums it up. in todays high tech world but build them as cheap as possible for more profits you are taking a big gamble. if you have more than one vehicle to drive while the new design is getting sorted out you will be fine!! i would like to see a success story but i SURELY would NOT want to be a BETA tester!!!

Sponsored

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand you are looking for a lot of opinions as you have posted this question all over the place but please understand that this engine has not been released. Nobody here has any actual experience with it. At this time it is all speculation. Until it is released and people get to run it through it's paces it really is just opinion with nothing concrete to support any statements.
I’ve PMed journalists that drove the 2.0 and almost to a man said they preferred it over the 3.6. I even went so far as to ask both better on and off road and was told yes. Now to your point it’s their opinion, but that’s pretty good for me.

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
opinions are like Aholes we all have one + when did you ever see a really bad review!!! they are afraid to loose an advertising contract!!! the turbo SHOULD be better but seeing it has a cheap non water cooled "hair dryer" shows how cheap FCA is being!!! you can cheap out on some engines but even low boost stresses everything more. just look at the issues GM is having with the 1.5T + not to mention all the wheel bearing failures on multiple lines of models using the same cheap junk!! i wish all the beta testers "good luck"!!

JLU_rubi18!

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
opinions are like Aholes we all have one + when did you ever see a really bad review!!! they are afraid to loose an advertising contract!!! the turbo SHOULD be better but seeing it has a cheap non water cooled "hair dryer" shows how cheap FCA is being!!! you can cheap out on some engines but even low boost stresses everything more. just look at the issues GM is having with the 1.5T + not to mention all the wheel bearing failures on multiple lines of models using the same cheap junk!! i wish all the beta testers "good luck"!!
Actually I have. Most of the Chrysler NA engines in their compass and Cherokee get dogged as buzzy and lackluster. I’ll be a “beta tester” on this modified GME that has been around for a few years now.

Full_Send

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750iL
You are very uninformed about this engine. The turbo IS water cooled and it is a twin scroll designed specifically for this engine. A lot of uninformed opinions here based on no real information.

Full_Send

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750iL
SO, based on that photo, and it being a Honeywell Turbo (formerly Garrett), I wonder if this is similar to the candidate/contributor seen above due to the 56 number visible which may be the Air Ratio number usually stamped on the side as a 0.xx number.

It matches the displacement range.
SO, based on that photo, and it being a Honeywell Turbo (formerly Garrett), I wonder if this is similar to the candidate/contributor seen above due to the 56 number visible which may be the Air Ratio number usually stamped on the side as a 0.xx number.

It matches the displacement range.

http://www.sonicperformance.com.au/...2259-Journal-Bearing-Turbo-0.56-A_or_R/pd.php

57EC313C-D400-42E2-BA5B-6285AA7BF4CF.jpeg
You're spreading misinformation. This turbo is not at all what is on this engine. Major OEMs don't just buy off the shelf consumer turbos. It is specific to this application. And as I said above, It's a twin scroll water cooled turbo nothing like what you shared
Sponsored