Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
  • Banned
I wrote a post a day or so ago regarding Jeep Dealerships who refused to work on your JL not otherwise purchased at that dealership, or gave you service appointment dates so far out into the future that for all intents and purposes they forced you to take your service needs to another dealer.

Perhaps independent dealers have a right to do this, but we have a right to know who they are. So does FCA @JeepCares . "Independence" doesn't mean dealerships have no customer service metrics to meet or exceed, set by mother FCA, in order to maintain their franchise.

If anyone wishes to cite a dealer that did, or didn't take your JL for service with the same consideration as a rig purchased there, please speak up. Let's patronize the former and "return the lack of consideration" to the latter.

Disclaimer: Some of the dealers "on the naughty list," might have--no--would have gladly taken your rig for service rather than have techs sitting idle, but serve a large JL owning area. Some of the dealers "on the nice list" might have turned you away were they busier accommodating customers who bought there.
Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
You bring up a very good subject! This is an area that we can really help each other out.

From the greatly differing dealership experiences shared on forums in response to the "loose steering and wandering" issue. It is extremely important and helpful to know which dealerships to work with and those NOT - aka the "naughty list" .

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
From my experience, "Blacklists" of various dealers type threads usually get shut down pretty quick and deleted. They may allow the one off rant thread to run it's course, but it is bad for forum business and potential sponsors to let Blacklist threads run amok.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
From my experience, "Blacklists" of various dealers type threads usually get shut down pretty quick and deleted. They may allow the one off rant thread to run it's course, but it is bad for forum business and potential sponsors to let Blacklist threads run amok.
Understand your point. However, we could have a list of good dealerships.....

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
Chrysler on Figueroa in Los Angeles would not service my sister’s car because she didn’t buy it there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I think this could work if we keep it civil and balanced.

This is my list:

Bad dealer:
  • Rairdon of Bellingham CDJR in Bellingham, WA —the Service Manager is terrible

Good dealers:
  • KarMart CDJRF in Burlington, WA —especially Service Advisor Josh
  • Tacoma Dodge in Tacoma, WA —ask for salesperson John Valentine
  • Glenn E. Thomas Dodge in Long Beach, CA —ask for Beto or Frank in service

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premiere Chrysler in Buena Park, CA treated me as if I bought the Jeep there when I took it in for warranty work. Will be using them from now on :like:

Last edited:

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Premiere Chevrolet in Buena Park, CA treated me as if I bought the Jeep there when I took it in for warranty work. Will be using them from now on :like:
Why are you trying chevrolet dealers? they work on Jeeps? Also, already warranty work? what happened? I've had 0 issues with my Jeep since the frontseats nightmare thank God.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
FWIW, Premier CDJR in Buena Park was Don A Vee Jeep in Placentia before.

Don A Vee Jeep was a Southern California institution for decades. I bought my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee from them. They were the only dealer I could find back then that knew what Selec-Trac was, and kept them in inventory.

I would expect Premier to know Jeeps like no one else.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why are you trying chevrolet dealers? they work on Jeeps? Also, already warranty work? what happened? I've had 0 issues with my Jeep since the frontseats nightmare thank God.
Oops!! :CWL: Will edit, sorry.

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, Premier CDJR in Buena Park was Don A Vee Jeep in Placentia before.
yes the dealership is new, been there about two years I think.

Don A Vee Jeep was a Southern California institution for decades. I bought my 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee from them. They were the only dealer I could find back then that knew what Selec-Trac was, and kept them in inventory.

I would expect Premier to know Jeeps like no one else.
Great to know, thx!

OP
OP

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
I liked your post Don, even though it runs contra to my initial objectives. I did so because it's intelligently written. You point out inconvenient truths and the potential to disparage dealerships unfairly.

@aldo98229 had a great point about balancing this with dealers who did treat rigs in for service bought elsewhere, as if purchased there.

Additionally, maybe we can keep the "boos" to dealerships based solely on their attitudes towards serving rigs not purchased there--not, say, because they overcharge (all customers) on parts, or have a crappy sales manager.

And again, let's remember that dealers accepting your rig for service as one purchased there, or turning it away may be as much about integrity as it is the reality of how busy their shop is, and with what types of repairs. While all repairs are profitable, FCA doesn't pay for warranty work like you and I do for out of warranty work. Maybe we can cite why we think certain shops deserve to be on the naughty list.

Remember, the "dirt bag" shop, otherwise with idle techs, is apt to gladly take your warranty work, while the decent shop, where you bought it can also truthfully say, "I can't give you an appointment for scheduled maintenance Mr. Jones until 3 weeks from now because I'm servicing a huge recall."

You too would want your malfunctioning rig to have such priorities. :)

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
I don’t think I’ve ever had a dealer ask me if I bought the car from them if I need service I call them up tell them what I need and set an appointment. But I also live in California where I’m sure that’s against some communist rule we have

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
LOL California - So true - I heard the AG Bacero wants to hike up the sales tax and Newsome has already funneled the Gas Tax for "Climate Change" and "Rail". Sounds like money laundering to me

rickyrobert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 2016 Toyota Venza, 2005 Nissan Sentra, 1972 Jeep CJ5
For my friends in southern Ontario, I'd reccomend Orangeville CDJR, or where I personally bought my jeep, Erin CDJR
Sponsored