MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Back with a picture update. Jeep isn’t clean and it’s in a parking lot so not the best, but I’m happy so far.

Had the axles regeared to 4.88’s and the 37” Patagonia’s mounted. Haven’t put many miles on it since the lift, and even fewer with the gearing and tires, but I think it drives pretty good!

Front and rear Adams driveshafts are en route, and I have skid plates waiting in the garage.

3EECA332-0BB8-4B24-8309-E70AC7043C11.jpeg

FB62ADEE-1F55-46AD-9D75-68BA680D93FC.jpeg
Sponsored

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Back with a picture update. Jeep isn’t clean and it’s in a parking lot so not the best, but I’m happy so far.

Had the axles regeared to 4.88’s and the 37” Patagonia’s mounted. Haven’t put many miles on it since the lift, and even fewer with the gearing and tires, but I think it drives pretty good!

Front and rear Adams driveshafts are en route, and I have skid plates waiting in the garage.

3EECA332-0BB8-4B24-8309-E70AC7043C11.jpeg

FB62ADEE-1F55-46AD-9D75-68BA680D93FC.jpeg
looks great Mark. Any issues with the 5" backspace wheels and the MC components?

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
looks great Mark. Any issues with the 5" backspace wheels and the MC components?
Not that have popped up yet. I have a forklift at work and attempted to check some clearances at articulation and it seems fine. Tires are clearing the control arms fine. Will post back if I run into anything

Memcdowe

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0
I just got done installing my MC GC 3.5 on my 2020 JLUR. Still have front track bar and sway bar end links to go.

Couple questions. Maybe you could chime in @rustyshakelford ?

1. installing the front end links. Ok to manually push the sway bar into position like a non-rubicon? (First JK/JL rubicon).

2. I’m leaning almost a full inch passenger after lift. Don’t recall it leaning at all pre lift. Does the JL MC GC kit come with different length springs? Part numbers were all the same and instructions didn’t mention it.

3. I really have to push hard to get the front track bar to even start going into the axle side mount. I’ve opened the window up but haven’t even made it that far yet. Normal to have that much resistance?

Thanks!

24997D36-D604-4537-8DCC-411FD9BCDE98.jpeg

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It’s ok to force the sway bar to line up. I don’t recall mine being off much. Springs are the same. I did mine while frame was still on Jackaranda and just jacked up/down the axle until the wholes lined up for the links.

Suspension will settle in after some miles. Make sure the springs are seated right though.

I used a different trackbar than the one that came with the kit, but I believe it was a tight fit too. Use a rubber mallet to get it in there.

Sponsored

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
I just got done installing my MC GC 3.5 on my 2020 JLUR. Still have front track bar and sway bar end links to go.

1. installing the front end links. Ok to manually push the sway bar into position like a non-rubicon? (First JK/JL rubicon).

2. I’m leaning almost a full inch passenger after lift. Don’t recall it leaning at all pre lift. Does the JL MC GC kit come with different length springs? Part numbers were all the same and instructions didn’t mention it.

3. I really have to push hard to get the front track bar to even start going into the axle side mount. I’ve opened the window up but haven’t even made it that far yet. Normal to have that much resistance?

Thanks!

I believe the springs are corner specific. If you have the wrong spring on the wrong side it's not going to sit properly.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The springs aren't corner specific. There's more weight on the passenger side. That is why you have the lean. Mine does the same thing with the same lift. Some lifts do have corner specific springs to make it sit level but metalcloak does not. It'll eventually settle but will always lean a bit.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
The springs aren't corner specific. There's more weight on the passenger side. That is why you have the lean. Mine does the same thing with the same lift. Some lifts do have corner specific springs to make it sit level but metalcloak does not. It'll eventually settle but will always lean a bit.
Interesting I stand corrected. I thought Rough Country was the only kit not using corner specific springs. You learn something new everyday.

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Interesting I stand corrected. I thought Rough Country was the only kit not using corner specific springs. You learn something new everyday.
Yeah. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out why it was leaning and if there were side specific springs. I may put a spacer on the passenger side sometime down the road.

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Thanks!

The instructions call for making the pocket in the bottom of the track bar mount on the axle bigger. Did you do that?

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah. It was driving me crazy trying to figure out why it was leaning and if there were side specific springs. I may put a spacer on the passenger side sometime down the road.
I wouldn’t do anything until you get the sway bar connected on both sides. Not having it connected will cause a lean as well. Mine sits level in my opinion

SilverRubi

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I wouldn’t do anything until you get the sway bar connected on both sides. Not having it connected will cause a lean as well. Mine sits level in my opinion
Mine has been connected and I have about 4000 miles on the jeep since installing it.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has been connected and I have about 4000 miles on the jeep since installing it.
Oops, should have looked better. Thought you were the previous poster.

I will say, my passenger side spring had a slight bow to it. I added the rock crawler correction pads on both sides and they both stand straight now. I’m a hair over 6 degrees caster.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Got my 3.5" Gamechanger with Rocksports installed last Friday. Took it on a 550 km (340 mile) highway run. It did well, until I hit the head wind coming back home. I have a slight pull to the left, and the steering wheel is angled left. I'll get that fixed in a week or so.

Haven't had a chance to take her off-roading yet. Winter and all. Will do a bit mid-March, I think.

Running with 37" Milestar Patagonias. Wanted the 38s, but I'd be too far out from the fender and get into trouble.

old-new.png

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Got my 3.5" Gamechanger with Rocksports installed last Friday. Took it on a 550 km (340 mile) highway run. It did well, until I hit the head wind coming back home. I have a slight pull to the left, and the steering wheel is angled left. I'll get that fixed in a week or so.

Haven't had a chance to take her off-roading yet. Winter and all. Will do a bit mid-March, I think.

Running with 37" Milestar Patagonias. Wanted the 38s, but I'd be too far out from the fender and get into trouble.

old-new.png
Nice. I like how cool and relaxed you look in the after picture. Before, you’re all rigid and upright. After, you’re like “yeah, I’m just chilling here with my lifted Jeep”. :rock:
Sponsored